Sears NOT PMing for BF Prices

hlauburn

I went to Sears today to check out the Panasonic Camcorder BB has for $249. After three different electronics employees told me they could match BB's price in the BF ad plus 10%, I decided to get it. So I grabbed pack of tapes and a case, and head to the register, only to have one of them make a call and then tell me "Bad news, we can't price match". Ummm, hello, get your info straight. After a long conversation with a rude "manager" who told me its a "corporate decision", I left pretty pissed off with no camcorder. :mad:

I can completely understand if they don't match BB or CC prices for BF, but at least inform your employees so they know what the heck is going on. :mad:

Is the no BF price matching at Sears at all Sears or just the one I went to? I even tried to call another location, but they were closed today.

weird

we matched if it was in time frame and they customer had info (no time to try and call CC or BB, etc on BF) because usually a lot of the BF stuff is unique for the most part and you dont run into it much.

Don't know why you wouldn't match DVD prices either? There shouldn't be local store policy that contridicts national policy.

I was unaware of any alert that said we were not supposed to match others BF prices if it fit our price match policy, same with DVD sales.