Brad, Check out this crap!!

babsmac

as a Senior in the Broadcast Journalism at "The U" and a reporter for UMTV, this was one of the most poorly produced news pieces I've seen in a long time. Focusing on webshots, never showing the real prices gottadeal.com actually has posted and cutting off the heads of the interview subjects. Not to mention a standup from the back of a truck, horrible.

You were a bit nicer than I was... :) I was respectful but firm.

You might want to edit your e-mail address out of your post.

And your full name. :)

Thanks, didn't think about that. I edited the last name but left the e-mail. It's on my profile so anyone on here that wants it can get to it. I'm not that much fun to talk to though...lol.

If you want to be critical of the news story. Don't just send it to that station (they can simply ignore it), send it to the other media outlets in the area, too (newspaper, other TV stations.)

Let them eat each other up.

:chairshot:fryingpan:wife::chairshot:crash::bonk::2stickpok:argue_cur

lol great idea

BRAD, I am so pissed right now. I got my WalMart ad today at the store and it is EXACTLY the one posted here back in October!!! It came with the flyer and the explanation given to me at WalMart by our manager was that after seeing other stores ads, (obviously HERE, lol) WM decided to lower some of the prices on their BF items for the purpose of having the best deals on BF. This idiot reporter needs to get a clue!!! I just e-mailed him directly and told him that he should have checked out his "facts" a little better before he reported them. Such crap!!! If people are ragging on you so much you must be doing something right!!LMAO Keep up the good work, we are behind you!!!

Just wanted to show you guys a copy of the e-mail I sent!! I was very controlled. :D (I can't believe it. I'm so proud for keeping my temper).

Hi, I just wanted to contact you about Andy Wise's newstory entitled "Gottadeal is Nottadeal". I am a loyal GottaDeal user and I would just like to say that I think this newstory was very inaccurate. Yes, there are some Black Friday prices that are the same price as they are normally. However, that is the way retailers are. Sometimes they will put a regular priced item on their ad because they think it will sell. And as for the Wal-Mart ad, Andy Wise said that all Brad did was copy it word for word off Wal-Mart's website. I fail to see how this is possible since GottaDeal had the Wal-Mart ad posted on October 21st. Wal-Mart only posted the ad on their website just recently. Also, I saw the initial Wal-Mart list when it was posted by a regular GottaDeal member. It was only put on the official list a few days later after being confirmed. I even spoke with a manager at Circuit City the other night when I was in there and he was confirming lots of the sale items for me. Their ad was posted last week and is still not available on their website. So either GottaDeal got the correct ad or the manager was straight out lying to me. If your station feels the information is completely inaccurate, maybe you should do a follow-up story. Seeing as the ads will be in-hand tomorrow on Thanksgiving Day.

I also wanted to let you know that GottaDeal.com currently has over 67,000 loyal members and some are in your viewing area. An unresearched story could decrease the number of your viewers!

Thank you for your time and I seriously hope you consider looking into this matter.

Sincerely,

Miranda

Very well politely put! Good Job :D I love the statement about losing viewers in their area :g_clap:

How embarassing! That dude has turd for brains and should be fired for being just about the WORST "consumer" reporter I've ever seen. Who the heck were these "experts" in the parking lot that he was getting comments from? What a total joke!

All the report was designed to do was to be contrarian and glorify the reporter when instead it exposed what a total jackass he is.:flame:

I just watched the clip. They make it sound like this site is forcing people to look at this stuff . There are disclaimers that have been posted everytime a new scan comes in that it's not "official" . It's just a way to plan a little early or research different brands/products before you decide. I know I researched all the digital cameras to see which I liked best and I wouldn't have had time to do that if I got the ads Thurs. It's not fraud, you're just providing free information to people. And those people in the parking lot were funny, they were just making comments based on whatever he told them. They didn't know the truth either.

Any one else who sent an e-mail get one back? I sent my e-mail to the station manager and didn't get mcuh back, but I did get this from her.

"Thank you for letting us know your opinion on this story. I will share

your comments with our news director. Thank you for watching News Channel 3."

And I don't watch her station, heck I'm in GA!! lol But there are local viewers that are members here so she should consider my opinions.

Any one else who sent an e-mail get one back? I sent my e-mail to the station manager and didn't get mcuh back, but I did get this from her.

"Thank you for letting us know your opinion on this story. I will share

your comments with our news director. Thank you for watching News Channel 3."

And I don't watch her station, heck I'm in GA!! lol But there are local viewers that are members here so she should consider my opinions.

I just sent mine to the [email protected] address they have on the main page. No response.

I can not beleive how much that story irritated me, why not just come out and say that the 60,000+ members of this site are all idiots.

I can't understand how a so called reporter does such a crappy investigation. Hope his turkey catches fire tomorrow!

But they're a news organization, when faced with the facts it won't matter what packaging it comes in, they'll have to run a retraction. And it sure as heck better get as much airtime as that drivel did!

If only it were true.

I'm afraid that only when those facts are packaged in such a way as to illuminate what they have actually done wrong, together with a reminder of the potential consquences, will they do anything further.

This guy just sent me an e-mail saying that he stands behind his story and that all of the stores except WalMart agree with him. He is ridiculous and I hope he gets his just rewards. But I will not waste any more time on him as I have to get through Thanksgiving and BF this week and I need all of my energy!!!LOL

You know, I am not in a good mood today already, so I don't think I should click that link - it'll just tick me off.

But from what I have read in this thread, they are probably the idiots that pay full price for everything, never use coupons and only pick up sale papers to look at the pictures, not to save money. I pity those suckers.

Where would be the benefeit to mislead ads for this site anyway? Last year was right on so why the sudden acting like this is a new concept and it somehow helps GottaDeal to mislead? Are you guys getting rich off all the hits to your site? LMAO I doubt it. I personally would like to thank GottaDeal.com for trying to help and give us a jump on planning our most strategically frugal shopping trips. I LOVE A DEAL and Gottadeal apparently wants to help me get what I need. THANKS GUYS

Guest DigDoug
Brad, I'm with Mugs on this one. This guy is a tool. Have you considered any legal action against the news station? This reporter is an absolute idiot. I am pissed off at how inaccurate that report was. At least GottaDeal got more exposure. I believe they say there is no such thing as bad press.