Best Buy Bites

denisekraemer

I bought a Compaq Presario laptop on the 3rd. Office depot has the same exact one onsale friday and saturday for 150.00 less and includes a printer!!! I called Best Buy and they won't price match it because: a) it is past 14 days and B) they won't price match over next weekend. I love my computer, but I wish Best Buy would work with me. This sucks!: :flame: : Best Buy sucks!:splat:Best Buy sucks :no:Best Buy sucks! :2banned2:Best Buy sucks! :shitfan:Best Buy sucks! :argue_cur:Best Best Buy sucks! :gd_withst:Best Buy sucks! :bigcry:Best Buy sucks! :wife:Best Buy sucks! :fryingpan

I called three times to see if I could price match. The sale at O. Depot is all day Fri. and Sat. I may still see if they will do it if I walk in with my reciept and their ad. It can't hurt to try in person.

what is nvm?

I would call corporate and try to get it straightened out. It probably won't do any good, but its worth a shot.

What is your return policy?

Our online return policy may vary slightly from store policies. Best Buy stores will fully refund most items within 30 days of receipt.

14 days from the date merchandise was received, refunds are available on:

* Computers

* Monitors

* Printers

* Notebook Computers

* Camcorders

* Digital Cameras

* Radar Detectors

A 15% restocking fee will be charged on returns or exchanges of any opened notebook computer, camcorder, digital camera or radar detector, unless defective.

30 days from the date merchandise was received, refunds are available on the remainder of our merchandise.

Exceptions

* Computer Software

* Video Games

* Prerecorded Videos

* DVD Software

* Music

In order to receive credit for these items, they must be unopened.

Delivery, installation and other fees for services performed are nonrefundable after the service has been completed.

Please call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY (237-8289) if your return is:

* A major appliance delivered via special delivery

* A TV delivered via special delivery

* Furniture delivered via special delivery

* A computer that you plan to mail to our return center for a refund

I dont know what you are complaining about you have 30 days from the date you bought it to return and go get a NEW computer from wherever you saw the better deal if Best Buy wont work with you. Its not a matter of Best Buy sucking you want your way and your not following the policy set forth by Best Buy. Read the ENTIRE return policy and if not satisifed contact customer service and I am sure they will gladly refund your money and you can go get yourself a newm computer elsewhere. :spamdance

Need assistance? Customer Care is here to help. To inquire about the products and services found on our Web site or in our stores, contact us by phone or mail. We're happy to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The information you provide will be handled according to our Privacy Policy.

Contact Us by Phone

For round-the-clock assistance, call Customer Care at

1-888-BEST BUY (237-8289).

Contact Us by Mail

Web Site Inquiries

BestBuy.com

Customer Care

P.O. Box 949

Minneapolis, MN 55440

Store Inquiries

Best Buy

Corporate Customer Care

P.O. Box 9312

Minneapolis, MN 55440

General / Corporate Inquiries

For general comments and questions about Best Buy Co., Inc., contact:

Best Buy Co., Inc.

Corporate Headquarters

P.O. Box 9312

Minneapolis, MN 55440-9312

Corporate Campus

7601 Penn Avenue South

Richfield MN 55423

612-291-1000

I dont know what you are complaining about you have 30 days from the date you bought it to return and go get a NEW computer from wherever you saw the better deal if Best Buy wont work with you. Its not a matter of Best Buy sucking you want your way and your not following the policy set forth by Best Buy. Read the ENTIRE return policy and if not satisifed contact customer service and I am sure they will gladly refund your money and you can go get yourself a newm computer elsewhere. :spamdance

Maybe you should read what you are copying. It states in what you pasted here that she had 14 days to do a return on her computer. And unless my math is way off...that would have been the 17th. Or is there some fine print I am missing?

I think it's kind of a bummer, but it seems like the rules about returns were laid out pretty strictly and there probably isn't much you can do about it.

On the plus side, the laptop was worth to you whatever you paid for it on the 3rd, and it's still worth just that much! Better deals are going to come around all the time.

Unfortunately it is over 14 days, but you might buy it at Office Depot anyway and return it to Best Buy unopened. Tell BB you never got around to opening it.. unless Best Buy scans some unique serial code on the laptops, it just may work. I bought a refurb laptop at Best Buy a couple weeks ago and I don't think they entered the serial number anywhere on the receipt.

Obviously you haven't read all of the posts saying "Best Buy" will not take a computer back after 14 days!" That is why I am complaining!!! :trampolin :trampolin

I am going to go to Office depot and see if they have the same numbers on their boxes. that is a good idea. But I am sure BB probably does it, just my luck!:egg:

Unfortunately it is over 14 days, but you might buy it at Office Depot anyway and return it to Best Buy unopened. Tell BB you never got around to opening it.. unless Best Buy scans some unique serial code on the laptops, it just may work. I bought a refurb laptop at Best Buy a couple weeks ago and I don't think they entered the serial number anywhere on the receipt.

Do you work for them or something? Their customer service stinks! I don't expect to come here and get the Best Buy cheerleaders!

No, just following their policies and procedures. IF they bent the rules for 1 person they would have to bend them for EVERYONE. That is why these policies and procedures are in place for a reason. EVERYONE must follow them otherwise what good would they do?? :gd_phone:

No, just following their policies and procedures. IF they bent the rules for 1 person they would have to bend them for EVERYONE. That is why these policies and procedures are in place for a reason. EVERYONE must follow them otherwise what good would they do?? :gd_phone:

I dunno..... maybe they could have policies and procedures that were actually customer friendly. I had trouble getting refunds from them twice, and now I shop at Circuit City where I have never had a problem getting a refund if I needed to. I rarely return items but I don't want to be treated like the stuff stuck to the bottom of your shoe when I do.

I dunno..... maybe they could have policies and procedures that were actually customer friendly. I had trouble getting refunds from them twice, and now I shop at Circuit City where I have never had a problem getting a refund if I needed to. I rarely return items but I don't want to be treated like the stuff stuck to the bottom of your shoe when I do.

As long as you have a VALID receipt and the item is returnable within the specified time limit (14 days or 30 days) you should not run into any problems. Strange that when people want there money back they then turn they backs on the company they bought the stuff from? :woot2:

My previous experiences with BB is that their Customer Service is in need of serious help. I'll buy small things, ie video games/movies, etc from them but not big ticket items.

AGREE

I have bought vacuums, rug shampooers, digital camera and camcorders and extended warranties. When I have a broken item that needs replacement with the warranty I have to send in DH because they treat us women like we don't know what we are talking about. I love the extended warranty buys but poor DH has to go in whenever there is a problem.