Freecycle is anti black friday.

Guest Deals4Me

Guest Deals4Me

Man, they just wanna keep digging themselves right into that big black hole...Dont thier lawyers tell them when to keep mouths shut? My gawd, yeah, let me NOT go shopping on BF, and that $5 carebear my son would so want, along with my nephew, my niece,and the 2 boys Ibabysit....okay, so instead of $25 for 5 bears, let me dole out a little over a $100. Yeah, that SOUNDS SO much better.:clapping: yeah right.

p.s. you *itch at me for *itching at this, but Freecycle screwed over my group just becuase a certain little troll that was a friend of his didnt like me.:2bat:

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:34:13 -0000

Subject: SPECIAL NOTICE ADMIN: Buy Nothing Day

Hey All,

Just a quick reminder that the day after Thanksgiving in the United

States --which is typically the day in this country when everyone

goes out and spends gobs of money on new stuff for holiday gifts--

has been annointed "Buy Nothing Day" by the good people at

adbusters.org.

You might want to let your members know about "Buy Nothing Day" and

encourage folks to clean stuff out of closets leading up to this

auspicious day so that we all end up buying a little less.

In the US this day is: Friday, November 25th.

Or, it is apparently start to take off in the UK too. In the UK it's

on Saturday, November 26th.

How's about starting a Buy Nothing Day before the holiday season in

your country with your group or pick a date with your national

modsquad? Perhaps the 11/26 day is a good one as a Saturday for most

countries?

Might just start a revolution in further reuse with a little elbow

grease!

Have fun!

Deron

Guest Deals4Me

hey lets hope people listen to them so we won't have to worry about long lines on BF...

yeah...thats the only hope I have.

But cmon on now! Sleeping for 12 hours would be nice after eatting turkey and figuring out where to shove the remainder of it....

But come hell or high water...I will be there.

I belong to a few freecycle groups around me. And I haven't seen anything like this sent my way. Really kinda hope I don't either. Seriously, if it weren't for us buying things on days like this, we wouldn't have to clean out our closets to make room...lol And we wouldn't have as much to recycle. That's my thought!

Guest Deals4Me

I belong to a few freecycle groups around me. And I haven't seen anything like this sent my way. Really kinda hope I don't either. Seriously, if it weren't for us buying things on days like this, we wouldn't have to clean out our closets to make room...lol And we wouldn't have as much to recycle. That's my thought!

Well Freecycle is starting to get a little to big for his britches. and just cause someone posts something like that, doesnt mean you have to go with it.

I have a problem with it being posted cause its moronic.:2bat:

I think that's the point. ;)

This doesn't appear to have anything to do with Freecycle, it's sponsored by adbusters.org and the administrator of Deals4Me's Freecycle group apparantly just sent it out.

Deals4Me, I'm not sure what you mean by Freecycle is getting too big for its britches, or it's digging itself into a black hole, or why they need lawyers. :confused: They have nothing but good intentions, and I can't imagine what they did to turn you against them so much! :) I'm sure that e-mail wasn't meant to offend people who do choose to shop on Black Friday, but it is a poignant reminder that the stuff you buy on Friday you'll probably be freecycling in a few years.

Guest Deals4Me

I think that's the point. ;)

This doesn't appear to have anything to do with Freecycle, it's sponsored by adbusters.org and the administrator of Deals4Me's Freecycle group apparantly just sent it out.

Deals4Me, I'm not sure what you mean by Freecycle is getting too big for its britches, or it's digging itself into a black hole, or why they need lawyers. :confused: They have nothing but good intentions, and I can't imagine what they did to turn you against them so much! :) I'm sure that e-mail wasn't meant to offend people who do choose to shop on Black Friday, but it is a poignant reminder that the stuff you buy on Friday you'll probably be freecycling in a few years.

ACTUALLY Mugs, the from was [email protected]

Freecycle has a darkside. A big one. They have lawyers that they send after you. I assure you. They dont have nothing but good intentions I assure you.

I would VERY happy to share with you what they did to me and about 5,000 other people...Pm me if interested.