1 per household?

byond

I've never heard of them verifying one per household at the actual store. It normally comes down to the rebates. Most rebates are one per household, so you could lose the rebates by submitting multiple requests for the same household. Of course, the work-around is to use a different address (for a friend/relative) on the other rebate forms.

I dont believe they ID for the tickets. Of course it would be a madhouse if they did and some confusion. What if someone pays cash and has no ID?? Then they could not do the 1 per household I believe that only is for rebates. Their database does a search for addresses and if 1 is already used they do not send a 2nd rebate to the housee.:g_dance:

They do ask for your phone number, but I doubt it would flag the system if buying more than 1 per household. The reason they ask for the phone number is to gather customer data...demographics. BB wants to custom taylor their stores based on the type of shoppers they have.

They do ask for your phone number, but I doubt it would flag the system if buying more than 1 per household. The reason they ask for the phone number is to gather customer data...demographics. BB wants to custom taylor their stores based on the type of shoppers they have.

So if I sign up for the Rewards Zone program, can i buy my laptop, and turn around and hand the card to my friend when he buys his laptop?

I went to BB today and spoke to a rep about the $149 computer. He said that normally on mail in rebates, the limit would be one per household. But with it being instant savings with no rebate, there would not be a limit per household. Now if that is only true BF morning. He also said that my store would start handing out tickets at around 3 am. My store had 45 of these units.

I went to BB today and spoke to a rep about the $149 computer. He said that normally on mail in rebates, the limit would be one per household. But with it being instant savings with no rebate, there would not be a limit per household. Now if that is only true BF morning. He also said that my store would start handing out tickets at around 3 am. My store had 45 of these units.

I caught a guy at work who had just come back from BF training at BB, he works in computers. :D

He told me that they would be limiting each person to either one voucher for a desktop or one voucher for a laptop, not both though. :(

So if I sign up for the Rewards Zone program, can i buy my laptop, and turn around and hand the card to my friend when he buys his laptop?

When I signed up for mine they told me I didn't even need the card I could just give them my phone number and they could look the info up. At the same time he told me if I had friends or relatives that weren't part of the program to have them give my number and I would get credit for it.:bounce_fl

He told me that they would be limiting each person to either one voucher for a desktop or one voucher for a laptop, not both though.

That's just wrong!:wife:

:violin: It's the holidays, let's not get too greedy:slapcry: After all, :holiday05 is making his list you know!! :rotflol: :rotflol: Just think of the other hundreds of people on line with you! Wait, skip that, you may not care. :shock: Ok, think what would happen if there were no vouchers. :chairshot:argue_mad:smiley_nu There is no way you would be able to get one of each before they were gone and you still might get hurt. :bigcry:

Enjoy your new computer!! :holiday16

Here is what my family is doing. My dad and I both have big credit limits with Best Buy so today we went to BB and got gift cards and each family member will get $5,000 in gift cards so that way we can get around the 1 per a household. When the bill comes in december it will be all paid off. We have done this for many years and it has worked well:holiday01

If you have enough to let each person spend up to $5000, why do you care about sales? What's an extra $100 here or there, to get to sleep in and avoid the crowds? I'm going because I don't have much $$$, and need to spread it as far as it will go.

If you have enough to let each person spend up to $5000, why do you care about sales? What's an extra $100 here or there, to get to sleep in and avoid the crowds? I'm going because I don't have much $$$, and need to spread it as far as it will go.

Amen!

Because we have a very large family that we are buying for. In our family alone we have 9 people going to college next year in our family so my dad wants to get everyone a desktop or laptop. With each computer you have to get more RAM and a protection plan to go with it.

Because we have a very large family that we are buying for. In our family alone we have 9 people going to college next year in our family so my dad wants to get everyone a desktop or laptop. With each computer you have to get more RAM and a protection plan to go with it.

I agree that you will need more RAM to go with the computer, but the protection plan on a $149 desktop? Save your money and use it on the memory or something more useful. Also, I would disregard the prior comment questioning why you should care about sales when you have $5000 per person to spend. Maybe it is because they care about an extra $100 here or there that allows them to save up the money over the year to spend later. You would be surprised at the number of well to do people who are cost conscious along the way, but then splurge on the holidays.

ND

I agree that you will need more RAM to go with the computer, but the protection plan on a $149 desktop? Save your money and use it on the memory or something more useful. Also, I would disregard the prior comment questioning why you should care about sales when you have $5000 per person to spend. Maybe it is because they care about an extra $100 here or there that allows them to save up the money over the year to spend later. You would be surprised at the number of well to do people who are cost conscious along the way, but then splurge on the holidays.

ND

Honestly, I can say I think I do understand why someone would get the protection plan for the cheap desktops, especially if being given to someone who will be far from home, on their own for the first time. This would give sort of a back-up or security net for the computer at least. So if the hd dies or the mb dies or monitor, there is a replacement warranty in effect so the kid just has to get the thing to BB instead of trying to call Dad, then find a repair shop, guess how much it'll be to fix, and on and on.

This would cut the out-of-pocket expense for the kid quite a bit, at least for computer repairs.

Now, for just a cheapie computer at home....no, I wouldn't spend the money on the extended warranty on the desktop.

As for the laptop, I'll buy Toshiba's extended warranty from their website sometime during the next year.....it seems a little cheaper than BB's cost for the same thing.

I always buy the BB protection plan for all of the PC's or big ticket items I buy. I have had CD bunners and HD's crap out on me. BB has always be there for me and have always fixed the problem fast. Some people like them and some dont. Computers will always fail so that is why I get them.

I always buy the BB protection plan for all of the PC's or big ticket items I buy. I have had CD bunners and HD's crap out on me. BB has always be there for me and have always fixed the problem fast. Some people like them and some dont. Computers will always fail so that is why I get them.

I think it all depends upon one's comfort level doing one's own repairs, the cost of replacement items, and such.

As DVD burners are now hovering around $40, CDRW drives are around $20, memory chips (256MB strips are $20 and up.....512MB strips are in the $40 range), the most expensive things to fix/replace would be the motherboard and processor. Catch the right sale and even a motherboard can be quite inexpensive to replace as long as you are willing to accept a brand other than ASUS or MSI or DFI or the like......more along the lines of ECS.

Even hard drives can be obtained quite cheaply if one is willing to rebate. (These BF prices on hard drives are actually quite typical after-rebate prices seen during the year on hard drives.)

On the $150 desktop, the extended warranty's cost would just about rebuild the computer outright, sans the monitor. But CRT monitors are a dime a dozen these days......but it, again, depends upon one's comfort level opening up and replacing items inside a computer.

I know my 75 y.o. mother wouldn't have the first clue as to how to even open her computer case, much less put in new memory or replace an optical drive. So for her, a warranty is perfect. On the other hand, I build my own.......