What if I want an 8pm doorbuster and a 10pm

Angelique

Our walmart will not let you put items in your buggy early. Heck, they had ppl walking around to make sure no skids were open early...

Undercover employees. Lol. If items are both ticket items, probably out of luck. By time you got your 8p item all the 10p tickets will be gone. I think im going to have this problem.

Our Walmart won't let us get anything early either..

That is why I am hoping the my husband and boys can go. I need the Nabi 2 (which I am sure is going to be a ticketed item). That is an 8:00 item. I am also wanting 2 smartphones (Straightalk). I am hoping that those are not ticketed items. I am going to call my local walmart to see if the smartphones are going to be ticketed items. If they are, I may see if I can recruit my BIL if my sister doesn't need him..

I have never shopped at Walmart on BF, what do you all mean by ticketed items? Is this like what Best Buy does with handing out tickets?

I've never been to Best Buy on BF.

Certain things, like bigger electronics, are of course in high demand and low in quantity. So, you have to stand in line and they will give out slips of paper or an actual ticket. But, at our Walmart you are not allowed to leave that line except to go to the bathroom or for a 5-10 minute break. This will be my first year having to stand in line (if the Nabi 2 is a ticketed item). Last year the trampolines were ticketed items, but they just handed us our ticket and we were allowed to go. But we could not lose that ticket....

I've never been to Best Buy on BF.

Certain things, like bigger electronics, are of course in high demand and low in quantity. So, you have to stand in line and they will give out slips of paper or an actual ticket. But, at our Walmart you are not allowed to leave that line except to go to the bathroom or for a 5-10 minute break. This will be my first year having to stand in line (if the Nabi 2 is a ticketed item). Last year the trampolines were ticketed items, but they just handed us our ticket and we were allowed to go. But we could not lose that ticket....

I haven't been to Best Buy on BF since 2007 that I used to go yearly, because you now need to camp at least a week to get these Doorbusters.

Most Supercenters are open 24/7 with the exception of blue laws, and Christmas eve from 6pm-December 26th 6AM. Since I work there I have to be there Thanksgiving night. I enjoy watching people act crazy. If I didn't work there I'd be visiting with my family. I'd NEVER brave the crowds shopping at Walmart on BF. No way.

Most Supercenters are open 24/7 with the exception of blue laws' date=' and Christmas eve from 6pm-December 26th 6AM. Since I work there I have to be there Thanksgiving night. I enjoy watching people act crazy. If I didn't work there I'd be visiting with my family. I'd NEVER brave the crowds shopping at Walmart on BF. No way.

I believe I'm gonna try it this year for the 1st time. For the past 5 years I have camped out at Best Buy, but this year I don't like anything Best Buy has to offer.

Our town has a 24 hour WalMart so no camping out, but people do get there very early. I show up 4-5 hours early and I am never the only one hanging around their top item. No such thing as getting there too early, especially not this year with the sale starting at 8pm. I'm tacking more time onto my usual plan just to make up for the crowd of inexperienced people who no doubt will be there due to a start time that means people have to put zero effort into showing up. I short no people don't camp for days, but people DO show up early and they ARE ruthless and rude so come prepared.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the non 24 hour WalMarts were going to let people in instead of waiting outside the doors to avoid the rush of people and the subsequent deaths it seems to cause?

I am wondering the same thing.

I am trying to set it up so that DH can go with me also. I may take my boys with me too so they can stay in line for the Nabi 2 and I can try to get some of the DVDs and games..

Did you see that Best Buy.com has the Nabi 2 for $129 today? I got one and am so relieved not to have to get it on Friday in all the craziness at Walmart!

I went to my walmart last week and picked up some of the blu-rays and other stuff that are advertised in the bf ad and hid them in the store so I wont have to worry about fighting the crowd for them. I had to make sure nobody was looking, but this saves precious time on black friday. Especially if you find yourself having to stand in line for another item.