Amazon.com Black Friday Sale [Sale Started]

Brad

I got a month free Prime with my Kindle. Am starting to take advantage of the 'choose 3-7 day ship and we'll give you $1.00 in MP3 credit' option - already used a few of those to get some $3.99 downloads last night.

I tried for a few lightning deals, but gave up. When 7 pair of socks for $30 is considered a bargain and goes 'waitlist', then you know that the world's going mad. :g_think: I'm still wondering who at Amazon thought 'dried fruit' and 'tissues' were great BF items.

yes I have beiber fever and YES it just totally disappeared right when it was supposed to go live :/ I realize its only 6.99 regular price but seeing it as a "deal" I figured it might be like 3.99ish....its the only item I was waiting on today :P GRRRRRRR!

there's been quite a few going for $5 lately at Amazon and Target. Amazon keeps adding to theirs. Got Pitbull's new one earlier today......great for Zumba!

very disappointed in amazon this year.... there deals are weak probably last year with them since sales tax is coming to NJ in 2013

I didn't realize that. That sucks. I live in NJ but I am about 5 minutes from Delaware which has tax free shopping all of the time. So I guess I'll just go back to more brick and mortar shopping in DE.

very disappointed in amazon this year.... there deals are weak probably last year with them since sales tax is coming to NJ in 2013

So Amazon started collecting tax here in CA in July. I'm still buying from Amazon though - if the price is the same, I'd rather buy it from Amazon if I'm not in a rush. Plus if I need to ship a gift, it is just easier with Amazon. My overall buying hasn't really dropped off, and I've been pouncing on the lightning deals that are good deals for me. We got the 32gb SD card this morning. :)

Each person has 15 minutes to order, then you have 3 minutes to add it to your cart if you are on the waitlist and another 15 minutes to check out once you add it. That's potentially 18 minutes per person so it can take a loooong time to go through everyone! Good Luck!

ok can someone help ... put something on waitlist haven't heard back yet, it's been like an hour...did I NOT get it?

doesn't amazon let you know one way or the other?

I am suffering through the waiting with you - I have been waiting on the megablocks table for about an hour now and I am losing hope :( My chances were poor and my luck with getting waitlisted toys lately hasn't been great so I'm not holding out much hope :(

I am keeping positive! I hope you get that mega-bl table, I almost got it for my nephew, infact I had in cart but removed it within 5 minutes, I hope you get "mine" lol.

I do see a time UNDER the 100% claimed, on SOME items, a time listed...obviously it isn't the time until it goes live, because it already did, and it is 100% claimed,

For instance your MEGA blocks says waitlist full and 100% claimed but there is a clock under there that says 1 hr 7 min... does that maybe mean you will know by 1 hr and 7 min if you have it/if the waitlist worked? I think maybe it is an indicator...

I am suffering through the waiting with you - I have been waiting on the megablocks table for about an hour now and I am losing hope :( My chances were poor and my luck with getting waitlisted toys lately hasn't been great so I'm not holding out much hope :(

I am keeping positive! I hope you get that mega-bl table, I almost got it for my nephew, infact I had in cart but removed it within 5 minutes, I hope you get "mine" lol.

I do see a time UNDER the 100% claimed, on SOME items, a time listed...obviously it isn't the time until it goes live, because it already did, and it is 100% claimed,

For instance your MEGA blocks says waitlist full and 100% claimed but there is a clock under there that says 1 hr 7 min... does that maybe mean you will know by 1 hr and 7 min if you have it/if the waitlist worked? I think maybe it is an indicator...

Haha, I hope I get "yours" too! The clock that you are talking about is a countdown clock indicating how long there is until that deal is over. So, in this case, I will definitely know for sure that I am not going to get it pretty soon now. It's not a big deal though, ds certainly isn't hurting for toys this year lol.

See I never noticed that clock before, LOL now the Brave says 1 hr 30 min under it for me...I could see NO clock when I left the last post..

The cheapest I saw the blocks was 36, so 20 dollars is a good price :D We are gonna score these, I know it! I've had some pretty good luck this BF!

Haha, I hope I get "yours" too! The clock that you are talking about is a countdown clock indicating how long there is until that deal is over. So, in this case, I will definitely know for sure that I am not going to get it pretty soon now. It's not a big deal though, ds certainly isn't hurting for toys this year lol.

kinda late but I almost learned the hard way that amazon and google chrome don't seem to play well together....then again maybe it's amazon's site today.

I was waitlisted for the sewing machine and it kept changing every few minutes from "you're in waiting list" to "join waiting list". I logged back in using firefox and got the deal but then it didn't reflect as claimed until I tried to join waitlist again.