Walmart.com Black Friday Sale [Sale Started]

Brad

Well looks like all we're going to get is the online-only sale and a handful of ad items. Unless things change in the next few hours.

Very disappointing from WM this year...

I'll change the status of the sale to "started" I guess. :(

I think there may still be more to come. The monster high dolls were recently added but marked as in store only. I feel like that's a waste of their time to add if they won't be for sale later. I'm keeping my fingers crossed still.

Walmart has so dropped the ball this year. I cant even get 2 of things from my list because the damn site wont let me check out. I keep getting an error. I cant even log into my account. Spent most the day off & on just sitting here wondering what the hell they was gonna do given how wishy washy they was on there facebook page & for what- nothing! Sorry I am just really pissed at the moment.

Just venting.....so don't read unless you want to hear my complaints.....

I live in LA near last year's famous "Pepper Spray" Walmart, and we drove there for the 60" Vizio ($688) and of course, there were about 1,000 people waiting in line outside. And the store was already open! The store was so full that they couldn't even let more people in! So, they want me to wait 6-8 hours on Thanksgiving day for a TV? And hope for a ticket? Umm, no thanks. And nothing online this season? You think that makes me want to wait outside more? Nope, just makes me hate Walmart more than I did before, you China supporting, Mom & Pop store killer. Keep your cheap holiday TV's and shove em up your Walmart.

And hey Walmart, thanks for trying to ruin my Thanksgiving this year. Making the workers work on Thanksgiving Day, and telling us consumers to skip the turkey and football games to wait outside forever in the cold for your stupid sales. Guess, what? On Thanksgiving, we are supposed to be thankful for what we have. Then on Black Friday, we rush out to get more stuff. Tonight, I realized that I AM satisfied with what I have. I will no longer worry about getting more junk I don't really need, and next year I will fully concentrate on enjoying my Thanksgiving holiday. And on Black Friday, I will be sleeping. For once.

Going to bed now, for the first time on Black Friday in 10 years. Goodnight fellow gottadeal forum members!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Well looks like all we're going to get is the online-only sale and a handful of ad items. Unless things change in the next few hours.

Very disappointing from WM this year...

I'll change the status of the sale to "started" I guess. :(

Brad - thank you for your hard, hard work! I agree, Walmart online was a total BUST this year. BOOOO!!!

Here's to hoping that Cyber Monday at Wally will be AWESOME! (Hey, a girl can hope!) :gdcheers::gdcheers::gdcheers:

Isn't that true. I remember last year Walmart was the big one. I bought my kids enough PJ's and little jackets to last all of this year and had hoped to do the same. Plus the sheet sets were great too. I got the BH ones this year and my wife bought some really nice ones from target.

Just got home from a very quiet dead Wal-Mart. Parking lot had less cars than a weekday. Only line in the store was for the 50" TV which is what I went for. GONE!! They were gone by 3 AM when the tickets were handed out. All eleven (11) of them. Why? If that is such a good deal why only 11? Everwhere else in the store the sales associates were bored out of there mind standing gaurd waiting until 5 AM. Talk with some of them just so they would have a chance of pace. A couple of them said they wanted to lie down on the pallet of bird seed.

I was also amazed at how many items were leftovers from previously sales. A whole pallet of LG Blueray players, 24" TVs, printers, etc.. Heard a couple of them say, we just located these. These items were suppose to be out earlier.

Just got home from a very quiet dead Wal-Mart. Parking lot had less cars than a weekday. Only line in the store was for the 50" TV which is what I went for. GONE!! They were gone by 3 AM when the tickets were handed out. All eleven (11) of them. Why? If that is such a good deal why only 11?

Gimmics my man. I worked at Circuit City when I was in college, and one thing I learned is that the big ticket items are used to draw people in to the store to buy other items (most people should know that part by now) and the reason they can offer them so cheap is A, lack of workmanship and B, very limited quanaties.

Gimmics my man. I worked at Circuit City when I was in college, and one thing I learned is that the big ticket items are used to draw people in to the store to buy other items (most people should know that part by now) and the reason they can offer them so cheap is A, lack of workmanship and B, very limited quanaties.

It is also why they don't offer some of those things online. Treid to do most of the shopping online. Even that needs patience.

It is also why they don't offer some of those things online. Treid to do most of the shopping online. Even that needs patience.

True

Has anyone been able to check out online?? I went to bed, and just woke up to check and my cart is still "Updating"!

I did, but it took going through the process twice.

Had a wonderful shopping experience last night at Wal*Mart.

Got there at 8, was in the line that started all the way behind the store, got in the front door by 9:15.

Picked up the small stuff, got a ticket and was 15th in line for the Emerson 32" tv.

Was out the door by 10:15. Never been there on BF before, would do again.

Now 4 in the AM, leaving for today's sales at Pep Boys, Office Max, Home Depot, and Staples.

Then off to Sam's Club for breakfast.

And will finish at Fry's Electronics where I bought all my stuff online yesterday and just have to go pick it up.

Hope everyone has a terrific shopping experience today!

So going through the link from gottadeal was the reason some couldn't check out? I sat for hours with the "updating..." running on my cart night before last and gave up, left it run and went to sleep for 3 hours before putting a turkey in the oven yesterday. It was still updating even after refreshing. Makes me remember how walmart threatened legal action for posting their precious ad early and now they wouldn't let gottadealers checkout like the rest??? Wonderful holiday spirit from walmart...I liked the rant above and feel the same. Walmart knows how terrible the economy is and the few good deals they had were just to get us in the door because you spend more in the store standing around and waiting adding things to your cart but online you are less likely to buy all the extra junk. Well played.

I really doubt going through the links on this site had anything to do with it. Every promotional method Walmart uses (affiliate sites like GD, banner ads they pay for on other sites, links from the Facebook page, etc...) all have similar tracking so they know where the purchase came from and you don't even know it's being tracked.

I'll send an e-mail to our affiliate rep to be sure he's not aware of anything, but I think I would have heard something if there were more widespread issues. It would have shown up on every deal/BF site out there as we all use the exact same system.

Unfortunately, I think going thru gottadeal may do that. I spent all night doing it that way and my sister (not a gottadeal member) said she just went in walmart.com and checked out. I did same too. I was really wanting to support gottadeal, which was why I kept going thru gottadeal to connect to walmart.com.

I think your right about the link. On my laptop My cart through the gottadeal link had been stuck on updating for close to an hour right now and I tried several times earlier this morning to check out as well to no avail. I just logged on to my desktop directly to the walmart site and checked out in about 2 minutes. Somethings not right. :no:

Please do. Really was making effort to use the gottadeal links to support gottadeal and did for all, except walmart. Just couldn't get Checkout to finish updating. It was purely desperation that followed what my sister said worked for her. Thanks!

I really doubt going through the links on this site had anything to do with it. Every promotional method Walmart uses (affiliate sites like GD, banner ads they pay for on other sites, links from the Facebook page, etc...) all have similar tracking so they know where the purchase came from and you don't even know it's being tracked.

I'll send an e-mail to our affiliate rep to be sure he's not aware of anything, but I think I would have heard something if there were more widespread issues. It would have shown up on every deal/BF site out there as we all use the exact same system.

I used chrome too. Just kept logging off and logging back on before it worked. Guess just part of the process. LOL!

I tried through the link and it wouldn't get past updating.. Then I tried without using the link and it still wouldn't work. Finally I opened firefox and checked out easily (I normally use chrome)