CVS Pharmacy Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

I think I read a strategy to their "free" items but never read the article. Can someone explain how to best take advantage of their items you purchase and get extra bucks for that amount of that item?

The best way to do it is to "roll" your extra care bucks. So say an item is $1 with $1 extra care buck back. You are essentially getting it free. For transaction 2, say another item is on sale for $1.50 with $1.50 extra care bucks back. You can use the $1 extra care buck from the first transaction to lower your out of pocket cost. So $1.50 minus the $1 = you'd pay .50 out of pocket and also the $1.50 extra care buck will print.

It sounds complicated but it's not too bad. I usually do about 3-5 transactions and each takes a few minutes. Well worth it in my opinion and cvs has never given me a problem about it. :)

I stopped into CVS today and they were sitting all their Free After EB (11/18-11/21) right up front (like mac&cheese and those Glade Plug-Ins warmers). I asked if they were going to issue rainchecks for items and the manager said he was still waiting to hear officially but he was pretty sure they would NOT be. I asked why and he said it was because some people had 5 or 6 cards and would clean out the entire supply for a month.

I also asked what time the T'giving Day sale would start and the manager said he thought 6 a.m. (This is my nearest store and it is 24 hrs) but the cashier seemed to think it would start at 12:01.

The great deal I found this week was the CVS brand batteries.

20 AAA,AA and 8 C,D were on sale for $3.99 (reg.$10.49)

I really stocked up!

I think I read a strategy to their "free" items but never read the article. Can someone explain how to best take advantage of their items you purchase and get extra bucks for that amount of that item?

Do a little math. Buy SOME of the items you want. Get the ECBs for those and use them to buy the next round of items that have ECB. Then, use the ECBs from THOSE to buy the next round and so on.

Well, that was fun! I know that today's ad isn't officially BF, but it sure feels like it. I picked up over $100 worth of stuff for about $6.50 (tax. Subtotal was less than $1).

I did a trip early this morning and here are a few more coupons: on the original Carmex lip balm,there is a $1 off peelie for Carmex lotion (someone has this on sale coming up-I've seen so many ads; I can't remember), in the Command product,there is a .50 coupon so this would be a MM. Also,inside the box of South Beach bars is a .55 coupon (also MM) be careful opening the box.

HTH

I am going back after church because I forgot some coupons I had. A lot of the things were located on an endcap at the end of the card aisle.

I did a trip early this morning and here are a few more coupons: on the original Carmex lip balm,there is a $1 off peelie for Carmex lotion (someone has this on sale coming up-I've seen so many ads; I can't remember), in the Command product,there is a .50 coupon so this would be a MM. Also,inside the box of South Beach bars is a .55 coupon (also MM) be careful opening the box.

HTH

I am going back after church because I forgot some coupons I had. A lot of the things were located on an endcap at the end of the card aisle.

Just got back from my trip, I am in the mood now! :)

I still have last year's Carmex, so I didn't get another. But, I forgot the coupon in the Command Package! Someone even told me about it in the store, and I still forgot. I have such a short attention span... :(

Today, I was able to combine a $3.00 off Pepto to go with a $6 off $15 "Health care purchase" and a $4 off $20 purchase and tossed in all of the free w/ECB items. Got all of that and (3) 12 packs of Mountain Dew and paid about 2 bucks OOP and got back $11.50 in ECB.

Today, I was able to combine a $3.00 off Pepto to go with a $6 off $15 "Health care purchase" and a $4 off $20 purchase and tossed in all of the free w/ECB items. Got all of that and (3) 12 packs of Mountain Dew and paid about 2 bucks OOP and got back $11.50 in ECB.

:yelclap: