Walmart Price Match

clm101798

Christy promotions which are going to be available at Dotcom as well as the store should have the note "Also available at Walmart.com" in the ad

Promotions that are online only but advertised in a circular should have the note "Only available at Walmart.com"

Promotions that are in-store only will either not have a note or will have the note "Only in Wal-Mart stores"

Edited by kranky
replace HTML tags with quote characters

Here's last year's thread on PM at WM:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?237725-I-m-a-Price-Matching-rookie-and-I-have-a-question&highlight=wal-mart+price+match

You can try contacting your local stores for PM details. I hope there's a Target close to where your WM is, since they could always try to pull "that's not a close enough store" on you.

I think I read somewhere that Wal-Mart will price match any other Black Friday price? Target is going to have a Simple Touch Nook for $49. I know many Wal-Marts carry this Nook. If I wanted to pick one up on BF, would they price match the Target ad? I've never price matched anything in my life, so I'm totally clueless.

The Walmart I work at is in a rural part of the south. Although Target, TRU, and BB are 30 miles away we will match competitor prices on BF. Remember, the item(s) MUST be the EXACT model #, etc... If an item comes with a gift card at a competitor, you wouldn't get a GC, just the price of the item, hence, PRICE MATCH. No percent off either. The ad MUST show a price. Unbelievably, some people can't comprehend the item they are wanting to match must be THE EXACT SAME ITEM.

The Walmart I work at is in a rural part of the south. Although Target, TRU, and BB are 30 miles away we will match competitor prices on BF. Remember, the item(s) MUST be the EXACT model #, etc... If an item comes with a gift card at a competitor, you wouldn't get a GC, just the price of the item, hence, PRICE MATCH. No percent off either. The ad MUST show a price. Unbelievably, some people can't comprehend the item they are wanting to match must be THE EXACT SAME ITEM.

The Target ad has a picture, and it's the same Nook as the one at Wal-Mart. I already checked. I just wasn't sure if they were only price matching things that they have in their ad that are cheaper in other ads, or if it's anything in their store that someone else has on sale in their ad.

In my expierence with WM I have had no problems price matching. Just make sure you have the ad, and the exact same item. Also be sure that you are buying it during their sale time. For example if Target's sale for XXXX item starts at 11pm then you can't price match that item until that time.

This is the expierence I have had with my local WM, so I am not sure if that is the same everywhere :-)

I ALWAYS take in competitor ads when I work Black Friday. One reason is for ME. I price match. The other reason is for my customers. One year I saved a lady lots of $$ because almost every video game and movie she purchased was on sale at another retailer unbeknownst to her. I really like saving people money. At my store we have NEVER taken anything off the shelp because it was cheaper at another retailer. I can't speak for the entire Walmart company as a whole.

I ALWAYS take in competitor ads when I work Black Friday. One reason is for ME. I price match. The other reason is for my customers. One year I saved a lady lots of $$ because almost every video game and movie she purchased was on sale at another retailer unbeknownst to her. I really like saving people money. At my store we have NEVER taken anything off the shelp because it was cheaper at another retailer. I can't speak for the entire Walmart company as a whole.

You sound like an AWESOME employee and if you were at my WM,

I would definitely write to corporate and commend you!

It's employees like you who really making a shopping trip to WM enjoyable.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

This is how it is at my store (though they will only price match competitors in the same town). They will not price match Buy One Get One deals, either.

I remember when I worked at Wal-Mart in the Accounting Office while I was in college, there was a direction from the Home Office to buy out Target of a new release movie that was coming out on Tuesday. I can't remember the movie for the life of me, but we received a bulletin from the Home Office that Target was offering the movie for well below Wal-Mart's cost. We were ordered to have multiple associates go to all local Target stores and systematically buy out Target of their entire inventory so we could enter it into our inventory and then not have to price match Target. The Target copies included a store specific battery coupon which we were told to remove and discard as it was Target branded. We were instructed to pay out associates money from the cash office so they had funds to buy the inventory but that each employee could buy no more than 7 copies so that it wouldn't "look suspicious." Since I was in accounting I had to dole out the money to associates that were going to buy out the movies. If I hadn't worked in accounting or electronics I would have never known.