Amazon offers monthly prime membership

theggs4ever

Amazon is testing an offer of $7.99 per month for a prime membership. No yearly fee. You can cancel at any time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/amazon-prime-new-monthly-subscription-option-steps-up-rivalry-with-netflix-hulu/2012/11/06/393ab77e-281d-11e2-96b6-8e6a7524553f_story.html

Don't know if this is the right place to let people know...feel free to move this.

Its worth it for the unlimited free movie streaming alone.

Sometimes I wish they had better selections. It's great for some TV shows though. Sometimes I'll use Amazon to stream a movie if it's cheaper than watching On Demand (did that the other day!) or watch a movie that they have on as a promotion. But it's also nice that I can stream to an iPad or Kindle Fire!

I am not surprised that they aren't offering it around BF. I signed up for Prime last BF to be able to order the DVD specials without having to meet the $25 minimum order requirement for free shipping. I kept it after the monthly trial.

I'll be renewing again this year... Without the streaming movies and TVs I'd really feel like I was paying for free shipping, but that does help to justify it in my mind.

I do find that I order a lot of things on Amazon that I never did before. Amazon does have some amazing prices on auto parts (who would've thought?) and I get some obscure house-related things (such as a brush for the dryer vent), and they had a good deal on cologne that I ordered last December. These are things that I probably wouldn't have even thought of ordering on Amazon if I didn't have Prime.

We got prime for diapers actually. Started with the amazon mom discount and got prime free for a year. Then kept it. Still get diapers delivered to the door on a subscribe-and-save with prime. But we started ordering other things from them as well since we had prime. Car seats, bunk beds, automotive stuff, etc... They're smart to give a free short term to hook you in.

I am not surprised that they aren't offering it around BF. I signed up for Prime last BF to be able to order the DVD specials without having to meet the $25 minimum order requirement for free shipping. I kept it after the monthly trial.

I'll be renewing again this year... Without the streaming movies and TVs I'd really feel like I was paying for free shipping, but that does help to justify it in my mind.

I do find that I order a lot of things on Amazon that I never did before. Amazon does have some amazing prices on auto parts (who would've thought?) and I get some obscure house-related things (such as a brush for the dryer vent), and they had a good deal on cologne that I ordered last December. These are things that I probably wouldn't have even thought of ordering on Amazon if I didn't have Prime.

I got the free 3 month Prime with AmazonMom last November and with things I ordered,my free 3 month trial was extended until July of this year! It was nice and came in handy but I declined to buy the $79 membership this year (it was a tough decision) but free streaming whatever means nothing to me so I just couldn't justify it.

I just wanted to let others know that if you sign up for AmazonMom,you can extend your membership-for free-just by buying random things totally not related to babies/young children. I specifically remembering getting a free one month extension by buying an electronic chess set. I will admit that if I saw something that would extend my AmazonMom membership,I was more inclined to purchase that item. It can be a great money saver for some but I can also live with SSS.

I am getting my sons a Roku for Christmas and want them to sign up for AmazonStudent and I think that streaming stuff will be beneficial for them. They go to Ball State University and with their AmStu account,I can gift them specific things for free shipping too (is my understanding).

You can't sign up for amazon mom anymore, amazon had too many people abusing it and they have suspended it. My sister tried to sign up and I tried to sign up with a different email and we both got the same message that the program was suspended for now. The monthly membership was only a trial program to see how it works and it was only offered to customers who have never had prime before. If you ahve never had prime before the option would show for you. If you have had prime before, it would not

I got the free 3 month Prime with AmazonMom last November and with things I ordered,my free 3 month trial was extended until July of this year! It was nice and came in handy but I declined to buy the $79 membership this year (it was a tough decision) but free streaming whatever means nothing to me so I just couldn't justify it.

I just wanted to let others know that if you sign up for AmazonMom,you can extend your membership-for free-just by buying random things totally not related to babies/young children. I specifically remembering getting a free one month extension by buying an electronic chess set. I will admit that if I saw something that would extend my AmazonMom membership,I was more inclined to purchase that item. It can be a great money saver for some but I can also live with SSS.

I am getting my sons a Roku for Christmas and want them to sign up for AmazonStudent and I think that streaming stuff will be beneficial for them. They go to Ball State University and with their AmStu account,I can gift them specific things for free shipping too (is my understanding).

You can't sign up for amazon mom anymore, amazon had too many people abusing it and they have suspended it. My sister tried to sign up and I tried to sign up with a different email and we both got the same message that the program was suspended for now. The monthly membership was only a trial program to see how it works and it was only offered to customers who have never had prime before. If you ahve never had prime before the option would show for you. If you have had prime before, it would not

:( I had never had prime, neither had my husband, and it didn't show for either of us. Maybe there was another deciding factor in addition to that.