Do you shop in"spurts" or "all in one day"?

abentley

I tend to shop all year, but try to save some for this time of year. I will order a few items as i see them, but tend to spread out my shopping all season. This year, i am feeling the urge just to go get it all done( what i know i want) and pick up anything i need later. I am worried about time and my crazy busy life and not feeling the excitement if i am stressed for time and shopping oppertunity! Of course i am ready to put up my tree as well for those reasons! How do you shop? Planned and organized or as oppertunities arise?

I shop in spurts as I find deals on things, but I will sometimes do a bunch in one day too if time and money allow. I get a lot done on BF, but I save for it all year. There are a few things I am really hoping for this year so I am waiting hoping the ads are good.

I usually start buying in early September and try to be done by BF. I'm definitely more aware of sales during this time and will buy whenever the deal is right.

This is me exactly. Then BF shopping is all fun and games! Sometimes I end up returning and rebuying if I find a better deal between BF and Christmas, but not a whole lot.

I buy a little here and there. I usually have a few different occasions where I buy quite a bit at once, whereas some days I might just pick up a thing or two I see on sale. I could never do it all in one shot, I would be way too overwhelmed.

• 2 weeks later...
I do a very small amount of my Christmas shopping before October since my daughter's birthday is October. Normally stuff I buy before then is her bday gifts. Sometimes, if I can find enough good deals, then I will put some of it up for christmas. For the boys, I do most of my shopping late November through the week before Christmas since I am never sure what to get them...I try to do at least 80% of my Christmas shopping on BF. But, this year will be different unless they have a good deal on a messenger phone and tablet..

I buy all year, but have a xmas club that I buy the big gifts on black friday. I have a few of those bought already though, like the kindle and my grandkids tablets. I have too many presents to do it all in one day. Each of my own kids get about 12 presents and my grandkids get about 6 each. . I average about 100 presents total.

I tend to buy things in late summer that I see good deals on, and I can remember where I hid them. lol I try to get most of my holiday shopping done before bf, at least the things that are 'must have' on my kids' lists so I'm not totally stressed out searching for them when they are sold out. BF is the day I try to finish all of my shopping other than finishing up my kids and dh.

I just added up what I need to spend on people yet (minus kids and hubby) and it's only around 300, but when I add all of the bf deals for stuff for me and the house, etc. it's over 1000. lol I know I won't spend that much, but that's just adding up everything that is a good deal that I would 'like' to have :)