Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Odd Holiday Gift Requests

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 pogiporkchop  OFFLINE  

pogiporkchop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 12, 2012 - 6:37 am

Once again my DD has come up with a most interesting request. She is really into pandas right now and so she has asked for... panda underwear! Mind you this is not as odd as some of the things she has come up with in the past couple of years (see prior odd gift threads for other mentions) but I have no doubt she will once again come up with something truly odd before BF. What requests have you gotten or made? I'm especially interested in hearing what anyone who is new to GD has encountered. :)

#2 momlori  OFFLINE  

momlori

Reading in the mountains

• 2,065 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 12, 2012 - 7:28 am

My Dh was trying to think of something really off the wall for our my family gift exchange. The only problem was what he thought of, I found in a store the next day without really trying to look for it.

#3 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• 3,354 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 12, 2012 - 8:54 am

My ds9 wants a magic ring so he can travel anywhere he wants.
:cheese:

#4 tokanm  OFFLINE  

tokanm

Mary-Ellen

• 5,101 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 12, 2012 - 9:25 am

I want one of those too! :yup:

#5 ClosedAcct  OFFLINE  

ClosedAcct

• 2,494 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 12, 2012 - 9:47 am

I want one of those too! :yup:

Me three!!

#6 momof3luvs1  OFFLINE  

momof3luvs1

• 1,101 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 12, 2012 - 9:47 am

My son wants a pig. A real pig as a pet...when I try to explain to him that we arent allowed to have a pig as a pet he justs says santa will bring it...oh boy!
BF ADDICT AND PROUD OF IT :D

#7 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• 3,354 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 12, 2012 - 10:19 am

My son wants a pig. A real pig as a pet...when I try to explain to him that we arent allowed to have a pig as a pet he justs says santa will bring it...oh boy!

I almost have my husband convinced that we should get a miniature pig when we move. lmao

http://www.micropetp...Micro-Pigs.html

Posted Image

Our piglets will be 10-35 pounds as adults.
:cheese:

#8 dwc designs  OFFLINE  

dwc designs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Oct 15, 2012 - 6:18 am

Well for the second year in a row my DD7 has placed the task on Santa to find the ultra rare Unicorn. It's funny because she is so innocent and nonchalant about it. She said I knows Santa must have been busy last year and he'll bring it this year. LOL. Her other request was for a puppy to give to her best friend because their dog just passed away. So if anyone sees any great deals on Unicorns or Puppies let me know!

#9 Chewbybell  OFFLINE  

Chewbybell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 21, 2012 - 9:43 am

I totally could go for one of these too :D

My three year old daughter really, really wants Thomas underwear, my husband said absolutely not since they only make boy Thomas underwear and told her that it was different than hers, so she couldn't get Thomas underwear, but let's face it, mama is going to get her Thomas underwear even if there are extra little flaps in it..

#10 hillbillyswife  OFFLINE  

hillbillyswife

• 1,246 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 21, 2012 - 12:38 pm

My three year old daughter really, really wants Thomas underwear, my husband said absolutely not since they only make boy Thomas underwear and told her that it was different than hers, so she couldn't get Thomas underwear, but let's face it, mama is going to get her Thomas underwear even if there are extra little flaps in it..

LOL love it!!!! I would too :)

#11 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,994 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 21, 2012 - 5:35 pm

Don't know if you have a Hanes outlet near you but they had the three pack of Thomas underwear on sale for 2.99 buy one pack get the 2nd 1/2 off. I went to the Prime Outlets in Williamsburg VA yesterday

#12 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 2,119 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 21, 2012 - 6:10 pm

Well for the second year in a row my DD7 has placed the task on Santa to find the ultra rare Unicorn. It's funny because she is so innocent and nonchalant about it. She said I knows Santa must have been busy last year and he'll bring it this year. LOL. Her other request was for a puppy to give to her best friend because their dog just passed away. So if anyone sees any great deals on Unicorns or Puppies let me know!

Hmmm... Maybe Santa has a rule, no live animals??

#13 faceofboe  OFFLINE  

faceofboe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Oct 23, 2012 - 7:10 am

My oldest daughter asked for a tarantula. I'm terrified of spiders so the mere thought sends me into a panic. I saw a remote control one the other day but even that is a big maybe.

#14 fluffkin79  OFFLINE  

fluffkin79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 23, 2012 - 8:50 pm

DS6 wants aluminium foil. He loves repurposing our trash for craft projects - boxes, cans, strings, tp rolls, etc. I cant throw anything away without him saying "I wanted to make something out of that!" Well, I don't let him play with my new roll of foil, and apparently the scrapes aren't coming fast enough, so he plans on asking Santa for his very own roll.

#15 mgmckny  OFFLINE  

mgmckny

• 2,837 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 23, 2012 - 11:54 pm

DS6 wants aluminium foil.

He loves repurposing our trash for craft projects - boxes, cans, strings, tp rolls, etc. I cant throw anything away without him saying "I wanted to make something out of that!" Well, I don't let him play with my new roll of foil, and apparently the scrapes aren't coming fast enough, so he plans on asking Santa for his very own roll.

So I hope he gets an extra long roll in his stocking!!
“Next to a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho :yup:

#16 rjncmj  OFFLINE  

rjncmj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 24, 2012 - 1:12 am

DS6 wants aluminium foil.

He loves repurposing our trash for craft projects - boxes, cans, strings, tp rolls, etc. I cant throw anything away without him saying "I wanted to make something out of that!" Well, I don't let him play with my new roll of foil, and apparently the scrapes aren't coming fast enough, so he plans on asking Santa for his very own roll.

Seriously, this is oddly very cool. He's probably going to grow up and be some sort of creative mastermind genius.

Joanne - Registered Nurse & mom of 4.

:juggle: :gdsleep:  :gdlaugh: :gdgirlfight3ol:

#17 conj  OFFLINE  

conj

WHats My function, you ask?

• 8,219 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 24, 2012 - 1:26 am

DS 12 has a periodic table shower curtain on his list. (Gotta love Big Bang theory!). He'll probably get one, too. Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

Edited by conj, Oct 24, 2012 - 6:53 am.

Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!

Knowledge does not dissolve integrity - Conj

#18 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 2,119 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 24, 2012 - 3:35 am

Last year my DS12 asked for a bow tie. No where to wear it to, or with, but just wanted a bow tie. He finally got it last week, to wear to the Homecoming dance. Love the story with the foil! :)

#19 bribri25  OFFLINE  

bribri25

• 1,760 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 24, 2012 - 3:55 am

DS 12 has a periodic table shower curtain on his list. (Gotta live Big Bang theory!). He'll probably get one, too.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

Love the show and love the request!

#20 ISU ME  OFFLINE  

ISU ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Oct 24, 2012 - 5:47 am

My DS4 asked for his own vacuum last night. I asked him what he thought he would do with a vacuum and he listed all the things he would clean! Hmmmmmmmm maybe this is really a gift for myself?

#21 Navywife  OFFLINE  

Navywife

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Oct 24, 2012 - 10:34 am

My son did that he wanted Dora underware when he was potty training so I bought them even though they were pink but it worked and now he's forgotten about them. Lol

#22 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,239 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 24, 2012 - 10:48 am

My DS4 asked for his own vacuum last night. I asked him what he thought he would do with a vacuum and he listed all the things he would clean! Hmmmmmmmm maybe this is really a gift for myself?

My wife was telling me yesterday she was looking at toys in Target I think it was and they had not just a play vacuum but it was a DYSON toy vacuum. I found this funny :)

#23 ISU ME  OFFLINE  

ISU ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Oct 24, 2012 - 10:52 am

My wife was telling me yesterday she was looking at toys in Target I think it was and they had not just a play vacuum but it was a DYSON toy vacuum. I found this funny :)

I'll look for that. It was the DYSON handheld that he asked for. I was just like, yeah I want that too! LOL

#24 hack2222  OFFLINE  

hack2222

• 1,005 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 25, 2012 - 11:37 am

DS 12 has a periodic table shower curtain on his list. (Gotta love Big Bang theory!). He'll probably get one, too.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

http://www.thinkgeek...uct/8a2f/?srp=4
Posted Image
$29.99

#25 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,084 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 25, 2012 - 12:17 pm

Actually a family here has a pot belly pig as a pet. I had a pet pig as a kid also. THere is a family on the news here with a girl that got a pot belly pig as a bday present. It's housebroken, but the city doesn't allow livestock and doesn't consider it a pet. IT's been in teh news for months.

#26 momof3luvs1  OFFLINE  

momof3luvs1

• 1,101 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 26, 2012 - 6:59 am

Actually a family here has a pot belly pig as a pet. I had a pet pig as a kid also. THere is a family on the news here with a girl that got a pot belly pig as a bday present. It's housebroken, but the city doesn't allow livestock and doesn't consider it a pet. IT's been in teh news for months.

I would not mind a pig as a pet but we lived in a deeded community with no live stock allowed and VERY little backyard....but a 4 year old boy does not want to listen to tose facts, he just wants his pig...lol I really hope he is not heartbroken when Santa cant bring it to him...
BF ADDICT AND PROUD OF IT :D

#27 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,951 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 26, 2012 - 9:03 am

Maybe you can explain that Santa doesn't deal in rare Unicorns because the world would miss out if only one person owned them LOL

#28 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,951 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 26, 2012 - 9:05 am

you might find Thomas girl underwear if you look at Amazon UK, its really popular over there might make them

#29 Khobbs1  OFFLINE  

Khobbs1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 9:38 am

dwc:

Here's a unicorn pillow pet

Happy Nappers Unicorn

#30 leefamily23  OFFLINE  

leefamily23

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 7:33 pm

Ironically if you google toddler girl thomas underware---it is quite the hot forum topic. Seems they'd get the hint and start making some!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users