Here is the deal on Wal_mart BF ads

mcmahonfan

Well our stores ads are now here and let me tell ya the prices are different from what was posted here. However this is why. Every state has a different ad based on the laws of that state and other things. For instance the laptop computer here in our state is $632. You see in Wisconsin it is illegal to sell below cost. The MP3 player here is $114 instead of $99.72 even though on the box the boxes of MP3 players came in says the $99.72. One of our support managers called a store in Iowa to find out about the laptop down there and in Iowa it is $480. She is going to call a store in Illinois to see what it is down there. So you see the ads are different in different states.

I am sure the ad posted here is an ad for a wal-mart somewhere.

Plus peeps remember some of the stuff will be available online it will be interesting to see what the cost is online for the stuff that is different in the ads.

Hope this explains it a little bit.....:gd_detect

yeah there are some upset peeps here also. But I guess that is the way it goes. I actually have seen the ads and I have actually seen the boxes with the MP3 players and the laptops. The boxes which have the boxes of the Philips mp3 players in them say right on the perpetual inventory sticker $99.72 but our ad price is $114 something. The laptop boxes I have also seen and that boxes pi sticker actually says $362.

I guess we are going to have quite a few pissed off BF people in a few days when the official ads roll out.....I am still hoping for the pc @ BB.

But I guess some of us should have known that the price would change from state to state....I hope for us Texans that the price is going to be $398 for those that want to get this item.

I am DEAD SET on getting that pc @ BB-bottom line. :gd_purple

IT will certainly be $398 or less in TEXAS with all the competition WM has. If not Walmart will lose all its BF to competiors. Besides if the inventory sticker lists a price on it, Walmart almost always will sell it to you at that price if you point it out. I think, but am not certain, that its illegal to put a price on a product, and then charge a higher price.

I live on the Massachusetts/New Hampshire Border and sometimes the ads are different between the two states. Plus NH has no sales tax......but to be honest most time I will go to the MA one to avoid the additional crowds in NH and I almost always get what I am after! :)

i just looked in last years blackfriday walmart ad which was on like page 10 or something deep in.. and it seems i remember getting things for the prices they have listed there..so im not that worried. i cant wait for the origianl ads to come out. kathy

I was going to post a couple this a couple of days ago but I knew it would make some people mad, my sis works at a walmart in a fairly big town in west texas and they got their adds this week also. She said some of what is on here is correct but the one big thing that isnt is the laptop. Its going to be 500.00 here. She said it all varies on where the store is. For the most part the toys are all right but electronics arent exact. :bs:

I was going to post a couple this a couple of days ago but I knew it would make some people mad, my sis works at a walmart in a fairly big town in west texas and they got their adds this week also. She said some of what is on here is correct but the one big thing that isnt is the laptop. Its going to be 500.00 here. She said it all varies on where the store is. For the most part the toys are all right but electronics arent exact. :bs:

Well Im in South TX and we are poor down here so hopefully for those that want to go to Wm it will be $398

What part of West Texas would that be. That is my area. It would be my luck to be higher than first thought. Oh Well!