Favorite holiday commercial?

alimfp

For the classic commercial - it's the Coca-Cola bears

This year - I love K-mart's "time for a prelit tree?" commercial. It starts out with the cutest dog sitting beside a strand of lights. Then, it pans over to a guy wrestling with a huge tangled ball of lights. He finally gives up and just chunks it at the tree. My husband thinks I'm :insane: because I laugh every

time!

I love this one too! I crack up everytime cause looks like soemthing I would do outta anger LOL.

To that end... I woudn't mind if any company re-ran ads that we all grew up with. Especially, since many of these products haven't changed since their creation... Remember these commercials: "Squeeze the Charmin", "Bounty: The Quicker Picker-Upper", "Wouldn't You Like to be a Dr. Pepper Too?", "Time to Make the Donuts", "Hey Mikey, He Likes It", "The San Francisco Treat", etc.

Also, some things change all the time. Here are some computer commercials that are downright ancient:

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/tv_adverts_summary.htm

How about "Where's the beef?"

• 3 weeks later...

Hands down, it's the Folgers (I think.. one of the coffee ones) one with Peter coming home for Christmas, and waking his parents up with the smell of brewed coffee.... Since I've been away for many holidays, it hits close to home for me.

This one is my all time favorite too!!

I don't remember a series for Maxwell House coffee like this, but I do remember an almost soap opera series of commercials along this theme for Tasters Choice instant.

The last one I remember is where they had been dating for awhile, and then her ex-husband shows up or some such.

yeah it was a tasters choice thing bc the guy was anthony stewart head who went on to be one of the stars of buffy the vampire slayer (yeah, im a crazy fan) - there may be info about the commercials on a fan site for him

For the classic commercial - it's the Coca-Cola bears

This year - I love K-mart's "time for a prelit tree?" commercial. It starts out with the cutest dog sitting beside a strand of lights. Then, it pans over to a guy wrestling with a huge tangled ball of lights. He finally gives up and just chunks it at the tree. My husband thinks I'm :insane: because I laugh every time!

i think that wins as funniest for me

most classic: folgers

sweetest: hallmark from a year or 2 ago where the woman buys the little singing snowman or whatever for the older man living across the street & watches him find it & smile

reminds me most of childhood: fruity pebbles "Ho ho ho I'm hu-hu-hungry!" ... "Tis the season to be sharing, Fred"

Currently I love the animated Office Max commerical of Rubberband Man. The making of it on their website has some good stuff on it too(bloopers).

But my all time favorite was the Norelco Santa! It ended in the early 90s and they tried to redo it using a modern version, but it was never as good as the original.:( I wish they would re-air that one.

I love the coke one with the penguins and the bears. I also like the M & M's commercial with Santa. Where they say he does exist, They do exist. That is just so cute.

There are many others out there too I just love these commercials this time of year

This is fromlast year, but it was either Staples or Office Max. The commercial where granny takes a pic of the family with the stapler. I about fall over every time.

I also like the Radio Shack commercial where people sit down on the chair and tell what they want- the newest has a lady that talks like the people in the movie Fargo. Cracks me up because it reminds me of home. My family talks like that- Wisconsin dontcha know?

Jodi

The Garth Brooks commercial for this year was funny...playing with all the toys and Santa walks in and gives him the you've been a bad boy look...Garth looks up with that little boy look and says "Nice hat" and they trade hats. The girls come running in, he is down on his knees with arms wide open and they run right past him to the presents.

But I also miss the classic ones, Coke, Norelco and Folgers.

It's not the holiday season until I hear the cell phone commercial with the guy that shouts, "Happy Holidays from the Harrisons!!" or whatever the last name is. He has to say it really fast because he doesn't have enough minutes. I guess you have to watch it to appreciate it.

This one makes me laugh every time...no matter how many times I see it. It's kind of a running joke in my house now. My kids know if they say it to me they'll get a laugh.

Most of you aren't old enough to remember - but my favorite was put out by Coke YEARS ago - they all stood around a tree with lighted candles and sang "I'd like to buy the world a coke"... it was great!

LOL! I can't believe someone else remembers that one! I was just about to post that it is my all time favorite! I just loved that commercial!

"I'd like to teach the World to sing, in perfect harmony. I'd like to buy the World a Coke and keep it company!" Boy, I feel old!LMAO