Black Friday Sites Not Legit?

savingsgirl

Brad/Rossman - How many members are there now? If everyone fills her email box, maybe she'll do another story on you guys...and you'll get more publicity....she has to realize, if she brings it up, more people will come to the site!!!!! And once they are here...they will be hooked!!

Good Idea :g_clap::cheesy::tongue1:

Ridiculous indeed.....

I spoke to a local Walgreen's manager recently and picked his brain about the BF specials this year and he was amazed that I knew their deals... The ad posted is pretty much on the mark. I say that because he wasn't sure about 1 or 2 items.

Of course, I'll get the newspaper since I have it delivered and love to spread them out while I map out my BF journey!!!

What a great article LOL...

The company that owns the tv station also owns Several Newspapers!!!!!! Talked about biased reporting....

It wont let me post the link but at the bottom of that tv station click on "Gray Television Group" then click on "operations" to get a nice list of their holdings

You beat me to it nitstalker! Not only does Ms. Lutz neglect to disclose her station's conflict of interest (WSAW is owned by Gray Television Inc., which owns several newspapers), buy she also quotes "executives" of the Wausau Daily Herald, which is owned by what I believe is the nation's largest newspaper conglomerate - Gannett. Looks like another uninformed corporate sell-out piece.

Wake up Ms. Lutz, we LOVE newspaper inserts!! (especially anybody, executives included, who circumvent the "close guard" to share them in advance of their scheduled publication date)

I realize that there are many unscrupulous (look it up) websites, just as there are unscrupulous reporters and "news" or media organizations. Had you bothered to investigate this site, including the readily available 2004 archive, complete with postings made AFTER Black Friday, you would have realized that your inclusion of this site in your story was not only inappropriate, but it may even be actionable, due in part to the ludicrous (not the rapper, that would be Ludacris, and this is a family oriented website) use of the term "fraud". However Brad and RossMan are probably both too nice and too busy helping people to bother with a trifling reporter from the 133rd biggest market.

Ms. Lutz, should you choose to educate yourself, get some great ideas and advice, have some fun, and quite possibly save yourself some money, I am even willing to pay for your membership (they are still free, right?) to GottaDeal. C'mon in & have fun! :bunny: :bunny:

The end. :gd_soapbo

You beat me to it nitstalker! Not only does Ms. Lutz neglect to disclose her station's conflict of interest (WSAW is owned by Gray Television Inc., which owns several newspapers), buy she also quotes "executives" of the Wausau Daily Herald, which is owned by what I believe is the nation's largest newspaper conglomerate - Gannett. Looks like another uninformed corporate sell-out piece.

Wake up Ms. Lutz, we LOVE newspaper inserts!! (especially anybody, executives included, who circumvent the "close guard" to share them in advance of their scheduled publication date)

I realize that there are many unscrupulous (look it up) websites, just as there are unscrupulous reporters and "news" or media organizations. Had you bothered to investigate this site, including the readily available 2004 archive, complete with postings made AFTER Black Friday, you would have realized that your inclusion of this site in your story was not only inappropriate, but it may even be actionable, due in part to the ludicrous (not the rapper, that would be Ludacris, and this is a family oriented website) use of the term "fraud". However Brad and RossMan are probably both too nice and too busy helping people to bother with a trifling reporter from the 133rd biggest market.

Ms. Lutz, should you choose to educate yourself, get some great ideas and advice, have some fun, and quite possibly save yourself some money, I am even willing to pay for your membership (they are still free, right?) to GottaDeal. C'mon in & have fun! :bunny: :bunny:

The end. :gd_soapbo

Same for me!! LOL! Very well said!

For those of you who e-mailed...keep us updated!