Black Friday Sites Not Legit?

savingsgirl

That article is ridiculous. We all know there is no guarantee on these ads. Nobody is getting ripped off by seeing the ads early. This is a free site and I am sure most of the people on sites like this do pick up the newspaper for BF ads. Besides if you look at last years ads, you will see that they were legit ads. The writer of that article did not do his/her homework.

This article in a way reminds me of the "hay day" of the online freebie or unbelievable deal (which I REALLY miss). The B&M stores, media, etc., were saying then those types of things were too good to be true and buyer beware. Which, to their defense, is usually the case, BUT in those cases and this one...

It is good and it is true and "you" (the media) are just jealous "you" didn't get in first, so :nahnah: Ms. Amanda Lutz. LOL

AND on a side note, I have been here for a year. I know I signed up last year here AND came back later, but for some reason my user name was not "recognized," so I had to re-sign up. I used this site 100% as a "head start" on what I was going to go for, but still bought the paper on Thursday to have them in hand when I went to the stores. These sites do not take away from the media, but give us another way to "game plan" for the day. This article seemed to be knocking this site and others because they are in "competition" with each other, when in fact they are both valuable resources for the "big day." I hate it when the media attacks something they think is "moving in" on their turf.

LOL. Saw that article and just had to laugh.

"The prices they listed for certain items. It's like it's too good to be true, so it goes right back to the fraud concept," says Rita Straub, a family living agent at the UW-Extension.

That's why Straub says consumers shouldn't put all their faith in these Web sites. Even these sites say the prices are just "rumors" until actual ads come out.

Rita Straub, you have no idea what you are talking about :P And we say they are rumors mostly for legal reasons - we know the majority of these are legit.

I can't imagine that *anyone* here won't pick up the newspaper for the BF ads. And, really, what exactly is so bad about having the ads ahead of time? There's nothing I can really do right now other than obsess and make a game plan. :D

Some stores might be afraid that you won't buy stuff in anticipation of BF deals. Which is silly, because you can do that whether or not you know what's in the ads.

What a great article LOL... The best part is how they talk about how unreliable these sites are and the fact that buying the newspaper is the best thing to do.... (they even drive this point home a few times)

The best part? The company that owns the tv station also owns Several Newspapers!!!!!! Talked about biased reporting....

It wont let me post the link but at the bottom of that tv station click on "Gray Television Group" then click on "operations" to get a nice list of their holdings

Brad/Rossman - How many members are there now? If everyone fills her email box, maybe she'll do another story on you guys...and you'll get more publicity....she has to realize, if she brings it up, more people will come to the site!!!!! And once they are here...they will be hooked!!

Here is the email I sent her:

Hello-

I beg to differ- I have been going to gottadeal.com for my Black Friday information for two years, and the ads are the exact ads that came out on Thanksgiving Day. Maybe you should research your articles a bit more carefully.

Kathleen O'Brien