Satellite radio on BF

allystl

both services have their flaws when it comes to music programming. XM's playlists are too obsecure and sirius well I'm convinced they just don't know what they're doing with playlists, as they'll play some songs 6 8 times a day while ignoring other popular songs completely....

I have sirius right now for the record, but only because I can't really get an FM station in out here.

Here is my delema: I would like the Sirius programing and a great deal on the equipment for my son for Xmas. If you use the disount codes that have been listed do you have to get XM? I love the great deals but really want the Sirius subscription for the sports. Thanks.

Here is my delema: I would like the Sirius programing and a great deal on the equipment for my son for Xmas. If you use the disount codes that have been listed do you have to get XM? I love the great deals but really want the Sirius subscription for the sports. Thanks.

Yes, the discount codes are XM specific ... the website in question is branded by XM, and handled by their fulfilment company.

@shley

Okay, are the receivers etc. specific to Xm or Sirius or are they interchangeable? I wish I understood this better. I have to have it all nailed down by Fri. to get the great deal. I feel that I need one to use with Sirius subscription. So help me!! Please!!This is a gift!

Okay, are the receivers etc. specific to Xm or Sirius or are they interchangeable? I wish I understood this better. I have to have it all nailed down by Fri. to get the great deal. I feel that I need one to use with Sirius subscription. So help me!! Please!!This is a gift!

No the recievers, accessories etc are proprietary ...

If you want sirius subscription, then you'll need sirius hardware.

@

The equipment you need depends on how you plan to use it, like at home, in the car, or both places, and it is service specific, i.e., sirius receiver for Sirius radio. I am also looking into getting a Sirius receiver as a gift and was clueless as to what I needed until I found the "siriusbackstage" website (not enough posts to include the link). They have a lot of information regarding equipment needs and many product reviews in their forum. Do a little research on that site and you will be armed with all the info you need, then come back here to see who has the best deal on BF.

huseboy.....the cd/tape player shouldn't have anything to do with it. You just need to "install" the antenna and put the receiver in the car. It tunes to a fm radio frequency that you choose.

For the op that is looking into sirius......we have it in both vehichles and love it. We have the Sportster and the Starmate. We both agree that we like the Sportster display better.