Refreashments for sale in Line

dbuttry

Let me ask all of you...Since I don't really need any thing this year, I am thinking of making a lot of coffee and hot chocolate and selling to people in line. I also might get a bunch of those hand warmer things and sale. Every year as I stand there and freeze my butt off I think that someone should do this. What do you think? Do you think the stores would have a problem with this?

I am interested in your thoughts.

Thanks!

You would probably need to ask the manager of the store to see if that's ok. It may sound crazy but I think your idea doesn't sound bad at all. I'm planning on being at bb at 10pm and if you are out there, I will buy coffee from you all night until the store open. Anything to keep warm, right?

Last year we stood in the Best Buy Check-out line for like 2 1/2 hours, one of the sales people was nice enough to go to the break room and get us a couple bottles of water. Most of the stores supply their people with a catered lunch for the day.

Guest all2tired

I agree, check with the store manager. Even though it's just coffee and hot chocolate, you may need a license or permit to sell them. It's a great idea though and you'd probably make a decent amount of $

Edit: You can also rent a port a potty and charge to use it after drinking all the coffee and hot chocolate LOL

None of the store I went to last year didn't have anything!!! The cashiers line last year at bb wrapped all around the store and the customers didn't get anything at all. And the wm cashiers seemed to have had attitudes because they didn't want to be there. I guess it all depends on each store and who has the nicest management team!!!

It's a good idea. I used to do this at lines waiting for concert tickets when I was a little younger. Last year I think chick-filet sold chicken sandwiches out of the back of a truck. It was hot and the line was cold, so it sold pretty well.:)

I'm fairly sure you need a city permit. For instance, even lemonade stands need permits in Chicago.

Does it apply to the children too?

For the Taste of Chicago, alot of people sell drinks outside of the event for cheap. I'm not sure if they had permits or not.

When halo 2 came out, Hubby allowed a guy we know to sell cokes at the event. He could not sell inside, only outside while people were waiting. Seeing as people were there for 6 hours, they appreciated it!

I should go to 7-11, and buy a Big Gulp wit alot of ice and drink it in outside where it's very cold. People would call me crazy. lol I would probably do it too.

Guest DigDoug

Does it apply to the children too?

For the Taste of Chicago, alot of people sell drinks outside of the event for cheap. I'm not sure if they had permits or not.

They don't and it is illegal. I had a guy trying to sell me a can of beer out of a cooler for a buck last year at the Taste.

I heard last year some parent was renting their 12 kids to people waiting in lines. Each kid was rented to hold someone's place in line while they took a break to the restroom or whatnot. That could be rather profitable to someone with lots of children. Or could be reported to child protective services. :D

Guest Deals4Me

When halo 2 came out, Hubby allowed a guy we know to sell cokes at the event. He could not sell inside, only outside while people were waiting. Seeing as people were there for 6 hours, they appreciated it!

My hubby is fairly amused by the Halo commotion. He went to Hs, and lived down the block from and was friends with one of the creators. He showed it to hubby back then (10 years ago) before it was ever even thought of being a national thing...it was like a local thing with the creators and buddies that played it as they created it. Hubby said is was super kick :gd_shake: back then and hasnt seen the newer stuff, but said the guy is making super gobs of money, but his mom wont move from the town he grew up in....still lives a 5 houses down from my hubbies parents...

Guest Deals4Me

They don't and it is illegal. I had a guy trying to sell me a can of beer out of a cooler for a buck last year at the Taste.

yeah and there sneaky too...some arent real blatant about it...kinda funnt to watch the blatant ones try to talk out getting arrested...the real aholes cops will arrest you. They did to the guy ahead of me in line for the concert 3years ago when itwas the go-go's with marcy playground opening...awesome concert and fun to watch the specatacle ahead of me:clapping: