Sears shoppers BEWARE...look what I found

mrsnshick

Ok, so maybe by the time you read this the online prices may have gone up but take my word for it I actually found this "deal" at sears.com/bigwish.

See sears ad scan page 46 for item # 48251 Craftsman Laser Trac level. Bf weekend sale (fri/sat) $29.99. bigwish site price now... 1:20 am Eastern 11/14 $24.99. Reg price $34.00 Save more NOW than on BF weekend.

You have 1 results

Craftsman Craftsman Laser Trac™ Level with Carrying Case and Laser Enhancing Glasses

Sears item #00948251000

Mfr. model #LM013N $24.99

Reg. $34.99

Save $10.00

Sale ends 11/13/05

Rebate details

They lure the BF shoppers in the store with promises of BF deals and actually sold the item 1 1/2 weeks earlier cheaper.

As the saying goes... Buyer Beware.

It's not being deceptive, justbarbour is correct IMO. They change the sales around like any other retailer quite often. So I may find X item for $10 now, but it may be $15 on BF, yet a few days ago it may have been $7. It's their way of drawing people in and making money = their two main goals. :)

This isn't what retailers sometimes do (and is legal), which is price fixing - they say, "Here's the best sale ever X item for $24.99!" when it was $24.99 regularly in the first place but they claim it was $29.99.

Yeah, I've never assumed that everything I find in a black friday sale ad is going to be cheaper than the rest of the year, or cheaper than anywhere else. Unfortunately when the stores offer their doorbusters, or also called loss leaders, they take a hit and have to recoup some of the money from other items that they hope people will buy while in the store for those doorbusters.

Before you buy ANYTHING very expensive at all you should research and find the best deal. Even on small items, the BF price is not always the best price but consider other incentives, coupons, and savings and you will find that there are some really great deals out there on BF.

Guest Deals4Me
The thing is, unless its a doorbuster, doesnt mean its a great deal. I couldnt find the doorbusters at teh price they will be any other time.

I FOUND THIS WEEKEND THAT SEARS IS ACTUALLY OFFERING THEIR 51 INCH WIDESCREEN FOR $10 CHEAPER THAN THE BF AD. I AGREE WITH YOU BEWARE!!

Ok, so maybe by the time you read this the online prices may have gone up but take my word for it I actually found this "deal" at sears.com/bigwish.

See sears ad scan page 46 for item # 48251 Craftsman Laser Trac level. Bf weekend sale (fri/sat) $29.99. bigwish site price now... 1:20 am Eastern 11/14 $24.99. Reg price $34.00 Save more NOW than on BF weekend.

You have 1 results

Craftsman Craftsman Laser Trac™ Level with Carrying Case and Laser Enhancing Glasses

Sears item #00948251000

Mfr. model #LM013N $24.99

Reg. $34.99

Save $10.00

Sale ends 11/13/05

Rebate details

They lure the BF shoppers in the store with promises of BF deals and actually sold the item 1 1/2 weeks earlier cheaper.

As the saying goes... Buyer Beware.

The best time to buy toys is in August at Amazon.com (ToysRUS.com). Lots of clearance with free shipping.

You can also go into the TRU store b/c we have a sale going on now that is called Green Tag Clearance Sale where anything with a green tag is 50% off the price written on the green sticker. I have found some really good deals. Also, after X-Mas I am sure it will be 75% the green stickered price so you can be ready for 06.

I think the OP has a point though - beware - be a good shopper and don't assume the bf price is the lowest. I appreciate this - I'm new to all of it!

very true witch is why i see a toy or game on sale right now i buy it and if its lower on bf i get it then also then take the first one back where i got it with the reciet so that way i get all my money back not the lowest sale price