Who tries to adjust Thanksgiving...

simonalex

I am having Thanksgiving Dinner at the usual time 2pm like always,,,not going to change that for just myself. That is the day I spend with my husband, children, parents, and grandchildren. I will probably take a nap in the last afternoon to get some sleep if everyone is gone. Me and my DIL plan on leaving for the Maine Mall at around 9 or 10 pm because the BF where we are going starts at 1am!

Guest bigjimsalde
Having family in Dallas is nice becuase everyone wants to eat before the big game. Our family eats around 10am so the family members who have season tickets can get out to Irving for the game

Guest all2tired
I don't alter the meals but if I was going to somebody else's house (which I'm not) and they were having dinner late, I'd either make up an excuse to leave early, tell the truth to leave early or decline the invitation.

We normally go to my MIL's for dinner. However,,,since my mom passed away i now have a excuse to make thanksgiving at home. "I have to cook thanksgiving so my dad get's a good home cooked meal". Works every time. We sit at the table at noon on the dot. We eat,clean up,and chat for alittle. Then i kick my dad out so i can go to bed by 4PM and sleep until 11PM. Then it's off to the line.

I get so worked up on Thanksgiving I can't fall asleep! I've tried... then I start going over my game plan in my head and my eyes pop open. ROFLMAO So i give up!

Exactly!!! If I do lay down for a nap, I take my ads and list with me. Then I end up making sure that I didn't miss anything.:banana01:

The only adjustment I make is with the kids. I send them home with Grammy and Poppy after diner. We normally eat late since I am up early hitting the turkey day sales. So we eat around 5-6 and everyone is gone by 10 then I take a nap and off we go for our weekend away!

Vicki

I won't alter Thanksgiving for BF, it's too important. I get up early start the turkey, head out to Big Lots for TD sale, then come home, finish cooking, eat, clean up, and then I will get online and see if I can do any shopping. I won't go to sleep, and then off at 1am!!!

This is me to a tee! If it happens this year, guess I'll just go to Compusa at midnight!

OMG you sound like my daughter! Thanksgiving night she paces all excited and worrying we laugh at her after several hours of this she informs everyone she thinks she is going to be sick LOL you know who you are "rgb"

I get so worked up on Thanksgiving I can't fall asleep! I've tried... then I start going over my game plan in my head and my eyes pop open. ROFLMAO So i give up!

That is me too! I am saying to myself "go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep" and I can't! Then I am fearful of sleeping through my alarm. I usually try to get to sleep by 11pm, and then up at 3:00.

No adjusting here either. We don't leave our house until around 3-4am anyways. There is no BB or CompUSA in our immediate area. So, they lines at KB, TRU, WALMART, and Target don't seem to start building until about 3-4 anyhow.

We actually tend to stay at my mom's until around 10pm. I just get less sleep. I usually come home on BF and go to bed for the afternoon though.