Best Buy ads are Dissapointing

Nautical

I don't know about you all, but I am VERY disappointed with the ads from best buy this year. There really isn't much unless you're looking for a new computer, laptop, or TV. The hardware just totally sucks. The hard drive this year is worse than last! 120GB this year, but 160gb last year :mad: . All the memory, dvd players, and other computer hardware can be gotten from newegg.com for the same price or even cheaper. The LCD monitors this year aren't very good as well. Just like no-name brands with horrible specs (afaik from just glancing). Last year they had the samsung 712n which was 12ms for $250 which was very good. I think I'll be going to compusa or circuit city. Compusa has a 500w antec PSU for 50$, antec lanboy for 30$, antec P180 99$, 200GB $30, and various other hardware, unlike bestbuy.

Does anyone else agree with me?

Those computers are so junky though. You could build one yourself, spend like 200bucks more and get a computer thats 50% faster...i mean they only have 256mb of ram, thats pathetic. That was a little bit of ram 2 years ago...

I don't think anyone plans to play the latest FPS on that laptop. I'll get one mainly for my school work and internet browsing.

And for those purposes that is quite a deal.

help us Circuit City and Microcenter, your our only hope :P

Looks like im gonna get a PS2 for 150 with memory card and possible headset at best buy for double reward zone points... I seriously doubt hundreds will line up and clean out the stock of PS2s by 7am. Almost everyone has a PS2 (except me) and they aren't offering anything with it (like a free game of your choice) so it should be one to pick up just like that.

Only problem is parking :-\ and the aholes who speed through just to get to the next store :P

It ain't just Best Buy. I'm disappointed in all the ads this year. I will get an UPS at CompUSA. It's not a super deal but my current UPS is dying.... As to the hard drive at Best Buy. Another disappointment! I got a better deal on a 160 GB hard drive at Circuit City months ago. Also got a HP flat bed scanner for $5 AR at Office Max earlier this year. I don't think any one has a cheap flat bed scanner this BF.... It pays to get the stuff anytime it is offered instead of waiting for BF....

Fortunately for me (and many, MANY other people), we seem to be interested in just those few things that are a great deal. :)

I recall there being better deals on more things in the past, but what can you do...?

I am very psyched about finally getting a DLP projector for under 500$ (even if it is after rebates.

I am very psyched about finally getting a DLP projector for under 500$ (even if it is after rebates.

You will be VERY happy with that projector. I've not heard any complaints (and that says a lot). We sell it where I work. Granted, it's bundled with a screen, but we sell it for like $1299.99

I couldn't decide if i wanted to get the projector or the 42" Plasma, i figured since i live in a small apartment the projector wouldn't be very good. But I deff wanted one, because hell they are portable.

If you plan to use a screen, most are around 100" and you need at least 12' of space from projector to wall.