Bestbuy stores (Be careful!!!)

ultravorx

Just a heads up for those wanting to go to bestbuy for BF!! Last year a few friends and i were first in line. The BB employees came out with the tickets, tv/ electronics hit the beginning of the line, while the computers ticket person headed to the back of the line!!!!

Since i used to work there i flagged down a manager and told them that all of us wanted pc's, so they brought over the pc ticket guy.

But it is a bunch of BS when you waited 6+ hours in line and they skip over you to the back of the line!! This year, im calling in advanced and will be asking the manager that they start EVERY item at the beginning of the line, so the people who waited longest gets first dibs!!!

Frank

yeah very true i remember they would start in different order which is total crap, because first person should have first dibs on everything.....wow first in line what time was that 10pm? i hope this year wont be as bad last year, i live in florida and it was cold lol so i feel bad for everyone else. though if your visiting florida from the north it will be a joke to you lol. though it did get down to 40 if that is cold or not let me know.

yeah very true i remember they would start in different order which is total crap, because first person should have first dibs on everything.....wow first in line what time was that 10pm? i hope this year wont be as bad last year, i live in florida and it was cold lol so i feel bad for everyone else. though if your visiting florida from the north it will be a joke to you lol. though it did get down to 40 if that is cold or not let me know.

e were in line at right at 10pm!! We set up our chairs and headed to the car, until about 11:30, then some other folks came, but they knew how BF was, so they setup and went to their car also, it wasnt until about 12:30 that we actually started sitting outside!!!

Frank

Just a heads up for those wanting to go to bestbuy for BF!! Last year a few friends and i were first in line. The BB employees came out with the tickets, tv/ electronics hit the beginning of the line, while the computers ticket person headed to the back of the line!!!!

Since i used to work there i flagged down a manager and told them that all of us wanted pc's, so they brought over the pc ticket guy.

But it is a bunch of BS when you waited 6+ hours in line and they skip over you to the back of the line!! This year, im calling in advanced and will be asking the manager that they start EVERY item at the beginning of the line, so the people who waited longest gets first dibs!!!

Frank

This happened to me last year at Comp USA, after me being about 10th in line, I will have to be sure to go up there and talk to the manager at BB to make sure this doesnt happen this way this time around.

Does anyone know what manager I should ask for that would be able to make this happen, or make sure the scenario above doesnt happen? Who would be the guy in charge to talk to?

If it was going to be 40 here (in Alaska) most people would be wearing shorts and a t-shirt and partying while waiting in line on black friday. However, it will most likely be closer to 0 (or below) and only the diehards will be camping out early and waiting in line for the deals. God bless them (and their flasks).

ND

Never had a problem in GA or UT, they always start at the front of the line. I will recommend getting to BB earlier this year since the computer deals are without rebate. Previous years rebates put some off and only about half of the first twenty in line were getting computers. This year most won't blink at spending $150 for a PC.:)

Ive never noticed them starting at the middle or the back of the line with tickets here at our Best Buy, but I have noticed that some employees who hand out the tickets would go and find their friends in the line first and give them what they wanted, then they would go back to the start of the line and hand them out. I dont know if it was stopped or people complained or not, but I got what I wanted.

Guest all2tired
That's just wrong, they should always start in the beginning of the line. I'd have a few choice words if I was in the beginning and they skipped to the end.

Never had that happen for BF, but have had something similar happen for Concerts.... some of the ticket outlets hand out tickets to everyone is there like 15 minutes before they open, and then they draw one, and whoever that person is the line starts there, and the people in front of them move to the end. Seems unfair but I can see their POV on it.... they have to spend extra $$ for police patrol if they have x number of people camping out in their parking lot and it's alot of hassle. This way noone is going to come early early because it won't do them anygood, but they have a way of fairly deciding on who gets to go first. The thing that's different than BB though is they clearly note on the store windows that this is what they're going to do.