Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

It is a real change, and probably permanent. They had too much clearance before and it was killing them financially. They changed to a Just In Time ordering system which keeps their inventory from getting too big at any of the stores. This saves them a lot of money on warehousing and is supposed to minimize the need for clearance. It has had the unfortunate effect of also causing more outages of product than I remember them ever having in the past. It also means that they tend to clearance a LOT less and what they do clearance tends to be lots of a few items that just didn't sell well. Not sure how much it has really helped them financially as their overall numbers are still down.

It may help them in some ways but in other ways, it hurts them. I used to be there 2-3 times a week checking clearance and would buy other items while there. Now I'm only going 2-3 times a month, if that. My Target bill has gone down BIG time!

It may help them in some ways but in other ways, it hurts them. I used to be there 2-3 times a week checking clearance and would buy other items while there. Now I'm only going 2-3 times a month, if that. My Target bill has gone down BIG time!

Agree, that is exactly what has happened with me. I only go every couple of weeks, was in there twice a week before.

I saw the girls jeans at 50%, i'm waiting for 70% or 75%, so anyone that spots them when you go, please post here. I'm trying to build DD school clothes come Aug and paying $3 per jean is good for me.

THanks.

Agree, that is exactly what has happened with me. I only go every couple of weeks, was in there twice a week before.

I was in there 4-5 times a week! LOL! Now only once a week maybe twice and mostly don't buy much. Great for my wallet I suppose! :)

Edited by 1angelnhvn

Yep. I agree. I actually said the same thing a while back. It is hard to say how many people went regularly to check for clearance and spent a lot more money on other items. I think it has been a foolish way to go. But they aren't likely to go back.

Bedding marked down 30%

Entire isle of diapers marked down 15%

No clearance markdowns on patio furniture (a few items marked as "temporary price cut" around 20%) but 50% on led light sets and outdoor decor

Deck boxes 30%

mens long sleeve solid tshirts 70%

random stationery items 70% but most at 30%

pet items (dog collars, bird feeders, grooming brushes, chew bones) 70%

Yep. I agree. I actually said the same thing a while back. It is hard to say how many people went regularly to check for clearance and spent a lot more money on other items. I think it has been a foolish way to go. But they aren't likely to go back.

I am right there with you. I used to go at least once a week,but I haven't been since Easter clearance.

There's just not anything I see I want even in the ads.

Huh-I have a CREDIT of over $17 to spend there and can't find a way to spend it!

random stationery items 70% but most at 30%

pet items (dog collars, bird feeders, grooming brushes, chew bones) 70%

Oh no, my two weaknesses.

But I have walked into Target lately, and have walked out with nothing several times lately. Sigh.

Oh no, my two weaknesses.

But I have walked into Target lately, and have walked out with nothing several times lately. Sigh.

:g_laughin That was my first trip in about 2 weeks. I'm a little surprised/embarrassed at how much I was spending there. My stash is actually growing!!

Did a happy dance yesterday when I found a huge (96 load) box of Tide with Bleach marked down to $6.44...tag said 75% off. I'm always boggled when I find something like that...first of all, why 75% off when everything else is 70%? Second...I didn't see this item at 30% off or 50% off...just showed up one day. Not marked "as-is" not a return...just a regular old clearance sticker. It was a great find, but just proves how unpredictable clearance is these days.

Other than that, I have seen kids clothes at 70% off in some stores, still 50% off in others.

I'll agree with everyone else...clearance has been sad lately. Makes me wonder if the toy clearance will be a total dud. My kids are getting too old for most toys anyway, so I'm not all that geared up for it, but I'm sure the excitement of finding deals will suck me in eventually!!

I did score 2 pairs of each color *black, gray and bright blue* pants for 2.98 each for Jax but then I found black and gray clearanced at the Under Armour store for 9.98 WAY better quality and resale value so I took back all but 3 pairs.

Nothing to report at my store, someone snatched my Beats, that or they took the sticker off when they set up the new Beats display in my store (the beats were an online return clearance as we didn't have Beats before a few weeks ago in store....BOO!)

Picked up some Lego Hero Factory #7156 for #3.24 (70% off)

Did a happy dance yesterday when I found a huge (96 load) box of Tide with Bleach marked down to $6.44...tag said 75% off. I'm always boggled when I find something like that...first of all, why 75% off when everything else is 70%? Second...I didn't see this item at 30% off or 50% off...just showed up one day. Not marked "as-is" not a return...just a regular old clearance sticker.

I'll agree with everyone else...clearance has been sad lately. Makes me wonder if the toy clearance will be a total dud.

The Legos were from 2010, so probably a random item found in the backroom. If I had to guess, same with the Tide. They will often put a regular sticker on it if it is something they can find in the system still.

Yes, I think toy clearance is going to be a bit of a dud this year. It was already moving there last year and even in January. Not nearly as much left, and too much of particular items (remember the endcaps of zhu zhu pets?).

The Legos were from 2010, so probably a random item found in the backroom. If I had to guess, same with the Tide. They will often put a regular sticker on it if it is something they can find in the system still.

Yes, I think toy clearance is going to be a bit of a dud this year. It was already moving there last year and even in January. Not nearly as much left, and too much of particular items (remember the endcaps of zhu zhu pets?).

That makes sense for the Legos. They did inventory the night before, so there was a lot of "random" things clearanced the next day.

I thought I remember reading awhile back that baby clearance happens twice a year. Once end of January/early February and again end of June/early July. I'm pregnant with my first baby and would like to know if my memory serves me correctly because I'll need to buy everything! Anyone know the baby schedule?

I thought I remember reading awhile back that baby clearance happens twice a year. Once end of January/early February and again end of June/early July. I'm pregnant with my first baby and would like to know if my memory serves me correctly because I'll need to buy everything! Anyone know the baby schedule?

You are correct. It starts in those months...But the best deals are best when it goes 75% off. I was pregnant last year. I remember going in late July and scoring this crib for $50. Also picked up the Chico travel system in orange/gray for $75xx...So try and wait until at least 50% to make it worth it. Congrats on your baby!

http://www.target.com/p/delta-5th-avenue-4-in-1-convertible-crib-espresso-java/-/A-13566922

My store just started the big toy clearance today, mostly 30%, every endcap was filled w/ clearance... Lots of different Trio Batman sets, Zhu Zhu pets, Dora stuff, some board games I'd never heard of, baby dolls, a spiro-graph set, but no Legos at all (yet)...

My store just started the big toy clearance today, mostly 30%, every endcap was filled w/ clearance... Lots of different Trio Batman sets, Zhu Zhu pets, Dora stuff, some board games I'd never heard of, baby dolls, a spiro-graph set, but no Legos at all (yet)...

Both my stores have started it too..Not much there though.

Thanks for the head's up!

I was in Target yesterday for the first time in TWO MONTHS ( :eek: ) and didn't see much good clearance. Little girls jeans were 70% off but boys were only 30.

Most of my kids are too old for "toy toys" but I always get stuff for DD7 to give for bday parties she's invited to.

As a matter of fact,she's going to one on Saturday and I pulled out a big Polly Pocket gift set (comes with 3 Pollys plus tons of clothes/accessories) that I paid $5.48 for reg. $24.99. Great to get those gifts at such a discount!

bit more than that here, but still, just the start. I expect more next week.

You are correct. It starts in those months...But the best deals are best when it goes 75% off. I was pregnant last year. I remember going in late July and scoring this crib for $50. Also picked up the Chico travel system in orange/gray for $75xx...So try and wait until at least 50% to make it worth it. Congrats on your baby!

http://www.target.com/p/delta-5th-avenue-4-in-1-convertible-crib-espresso-java/-/A-13566922

Thanks! I don't want to do my registry yet either cause I'd just have to do most of it all over again after everything's clearanced. So hopefully I can pick up a crib and other large items I'll need.