Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

All 3 of my stores have toys at 30% and 50%. Not sure what the reasoning is...Most of the toys are still on their isles and Target has not started to purge them to one isle yet.

They don't always purge them to 1 aisle. Especially when the total quantity is smaller. They usually start doing it when the new merchandise for the reset starts arriving and they need the space to do the new setup. Only one of our stores has an aisle set up already. And they just have a lot of stuff and not enough space to pull it from the backroom. The other stores have the end caps packed and I'm sure they'll start to move it once the reset merchandise arrives. That, as much as anything else, might be what could drag this out an extra week or so. For the first year in several, there is really nothing I care about, so even it it happens next week when I am out of town, I don't much care. Kinda sad...

Still full price here, but buy one get one 30% off. Odd deal.

Hmmm That is odd. The only Kindles that were clearanced here were the 3G/wi-fi ones, the ones with the keyboard. Seems like there was another model that was still full price. I'll try to pay closer attention when I go back.

I purchased a toddler shirt marked with a Clearance sticker for 4.00 (50% off of 8.00) and they ring it up it came up as 8 once I noticed I went to customer service so they could adjust the price and give me money back the lady told me that's not targets policy. Any store I've gone to that mis mark items have always honored and accepted its their mistake. Anyone know if this is true about target not honoring? I got mad a told her I didn't want it and to refund my money back. If its the stores mistake they should honor it as it is considered false advertisement.

I purchased a toddler shirt marked with a Clearance sticker for 4.00 (50% off of 8.00) and they ring it up it came up as 8 once I noticed I went to customer service so they could adjust the price and give me money back the lady told me that's not targets policy. Any store I've gone to that mis mark items have always honored and accepted its their mistake. Anyone know if this is true about target not honoring? I got mad a told her I didn't want it and to refund my money back. If its the stores mistake they should honor it as it is considered false advertisement.

I would assume a store would do exactly what they did... Otherwise people could easily scam and do things like switch stickers and demand a discount... Sill annoying you had to go through all that.

Anyone know if this is true about target not honoring?

Not sure on store policy but I think it varies by CSR rep. I had the same happen to some blackout curtains and rep fixed but said they shouldn't have. In my case whatever was on my receipt didn't match the sku on item or the one on clearance tag. In another instance they had to check their tapes before returning an item that scanned over ticketed price and didn't fit.

I had that happen with batteries, got charged more than the clearance price. They honored the price and then went a pulled the item, someone had clearance tagged the whole batch of batteries. I guess their dcpi's didn't match up (tag to item) but they still honored it. I haven't had too many ones that didn't ring up right but they have always given me what was on the tag...We are in smaller area, maybe why I have seen this happen.

So long as the tag is not obviously tampered with (which is why they use those with the red, it is really obvious when they are tampered with because it discolors white), they are legally obligated to honor the tagged price on one piece of an item in most states/counties. It is the same law that requires the scanners to ring up right, etc. It is just like when they mis-stock merchandise with the wrong price. Always ask for a manager and if the manager gives you trouble, ask for their boss. If you still don't get satisfaction, contact your county weights and measures office. If they are like ours, they will easily find some other violation if that one is fixed, and the store gets fined. That gets the manager in trouble for the violation. I always make a point of telling them I will be calling so they know why it happened.

Had that happen to me once too. I was told someone switched the tag and that didn't match the item. I had no idea and they treated me like a criminal.

went to two stores today and bought a table and two chairs on patio clearance and was going to pick up a few more chairs at another store but they didn't mark theirs down at all. Still full price. Both stores still had things not marked down at all like they usually do. But was glad to finally see 70 off on the stuff I wanted even if they were out of it, I can quit looking! LOL.

Had that happen to me once too. I was told someone switched the tag and that didn't match the item. I had no idea and they treated me like a criminal.

went to two stores today and bought a table and two chairs on patio clearance and was going to pick up a few more chairs at another store but they didn't mark theirs down at all. Still full price. Both stores still had things not marked down at all like they usually do. But was glad to finally see 70 off on the stuff I wanted even if they were out of it, I can quit looking! LOL.

Next time you remove one of the tags from something you buy, see how the red gets little white lines from it. Then if something like that happens at the store look at the tag carefully. If it doesn't have the telltale while lines, you can simply say, "no, if it is on the wrong item, it is because you guys made the mistake. Now you need to honor it." They normally do without too much trouble. Most managers know that they have to and that they make mistakes. There will always be the employees who act like you are stealing. They tend to be the same ones who get upset over heavy coupon use. You'd think it came out of their pocket.

70% patio stuff!! Went today, got a beautiful wood Bistro Set $125.00 (got an extra 10% off from display), Large Patio table $124.00, Med round Patio Table $33.00. I am so glad I made it... they said 70% sarted yesterday. They had about 5 gazebos left at about $115.00... about 3 Med round tables. Thats about it. I am going to go to murrieta later today just to see if anything is left. I am contiplating the gazebo... :)