Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

I agree. It depends alot on what the item is as to how much money they make on it. They are a huge business so I'm sure they can get huge lots really cheap. More speciality items-like Legos-they would certainly lose money at 75% off. However, it's getting the people into the store that makes the profits. I used to be a 3-4 times a week Target clearance shopper. Most importantly though I was a loyal shopper and bought my regular price stuff there too. Now I probably go there maybe once every 10 days or so. I do not like the new arrangement of the product that was done last year in my store. I swear I could design a better layout with NO business background! I buy my food at Walmart or HyVee. And now Penneys is going sort of the same route and I've significantly stopped my shopping there. It's just so boring. Instead I am shopping at Younkers which I NEVER thought I would do (too expensive). Today Younkers had a $50.00 off a $100.00 purchase. For $59.00 dollars I got a bracelet, some jean leggings, a new bra, some mens Polo flip flops AND the last pair of Birkenstock sandals that were on sale for $49.99 instead of $79.99. So they were free! :) I was so excited. Target has lost me and now I think Penneys is losing me. I just loved the good old days at Target!

Thank you for shopping Hy-Vee. :D

More bedding marked down to 70%. Found the king bedskirt to go with my comforter. yahoo.

Toys mostly 50% now with a few down to 70%.

Patio all marked down to 50% with a few decorations (lights, lawn decor) at 70%.

Lots of really great frames marked down 70%. Found some that say "Grandkids" or "Family" and hold two 4x6 for 3.xx

Lots of books marked down 70%.

Saw signs in shoes for 70% off but the place was a mad house, so didn't even bother going over.

Lots of baby stuff marked down 50% (clothing, bibs, etc.) but sign still said 30%.

Best find was an internet return of Glee the First Season on Blu Ray. Originally 49.19 and marked down to $3.06. Then I had a coupon for $2 off any DVD or Blu Ray by MGM or FOX. Got the set for $1.06!!!:eyepoppin

Best day I've had in Target in a very long time.

Thanks to the gotta-dealer that gave out the "heads up" on the hex bug gift cards. Found two tucked away in electronics!!

Edited by txsupermom

More bedding marked down to 70%. Found the king bedskirt to go with my comforter. yahoo.

Toys mostly 50% now with a few down to 70%.Patio all marked down to 50% with a few decorations (lights, lawn decor) at 70%.

Lots of really great frames marked down 70%. Found some that say "Grandkids" or "Family" and hold two 4x6 for 3.xx

Lots of books marked down 70%.

Saw signs in shoes for 70% off but the place was a mad house, so didn't even bother going over.

Lots of baby stuff marked down 50% (clothing, bibs, etc.) but sign still said 30%.

Best find was an internet return of Glee the First Season on Blu Ray. Originally 49.19 and marked down to $3.06. Then I had a coupon for $2 off any DVD or Blu Ray by MGM or FOX. Got the set for $1.06!!!:eyepoppin

Best day I've had in Target in a very long time.

Thanks to the gotta-dealer that gave out the "heads up" on the hex bug gift cards. Found two tucked away in electronics!!

Nice finds TXSupermom!

My Target does toys on Thursday.

Does your Target always do toy markdowns on Tuesday?

Does your Target always do toy markdowns on Tuesday?

Usually happens on Thursdays too. I had been out of town, so that was my first trip to Target in over a week. Can't know for sure what day they marked but I would bet they marked on Thursday and the toys were still on the shelves. Seems most people are finding it harder to part with their money and waiting . . . that would include me too:)

Does anyone know if the rest of patio went 70% today? I was surprised at how much is still on the floor at 50%.

Usually happens on Thursdays too. I had been out of town, so that was my first trip to Target in over a week. Can't know for sure what day they marked but I would bet they marked on Thursday and the toys were still on the shelves. Seems most people are finding it harder to part with their money and waiting . . . that would include me too:)

Does anyone know if the rest of patio went 70% today? I was surprised at how much is still on the floor at 50%.

I saw alot of 70% at my Target in Houston. Im waiting for the big toy sale heard its usually at the end of the month. Do you guys think there is gonna be a big sale for 4th of July?

Went to the TArget closer to my house today. It had more toys o clearance then the store I went to last week all between 30-50% off. Still not as big as a variety as normally, some cute stuff but wondering if it will hold to 70% for another month since there is not that much...

anyone remember when the pools and slip and slides hit clearance? noticed that kind of stuff is 50% off at toysrus this week so hoping soon...

They usually end up being 70% off about a week or two after the toys (earlier at some stores). So they should be getting marked to 30% off soon if they aren't already!

so i was at target yesterday and they had a 1.23 cu ft sentrysafe SFW123CS on a clearance endcap for 13.98. i was like seriously, this is a large safe, brand new never opened, and its 13 dollars? i had two employees load it up for me and when i got home and looked up the model its 150.00 at walmart right now.. and then i noticed on the package it has a mail in rebate of 35 dollars.. so im planning to send that in and ive got a really nice safe for free lol.. im thinking this is too good to be true for all locations, but it did have a clearance sticker saying 48.98 under the 13 dollar one, which would still be a good deal if it has the 35 dollar rebate, look at the top corner of the box, the clearance sticker was over the rebate part on the one i got.. i think 13 dollars was a mistake, but its still a great deal if you get a 35 dollar rebate and pay 49 for it.. your still looking at like 15 dollars for a really nice safe.. it may be a long shot but if you see a sentrysafe sitting around in some random spot you may check it out.. anyone else see these on clearance?

so i was at target yesterday and they had a 1.23 cu ft sentrysafe SFW123CS on a clearance endcap for 13.98. i was like seriously, this is a large safe, brand new never opened, and its 13 dollars? i had two employees load it up for me and when i got home and looked up the model its 150.00 at walmart right now.. and then i noticed on the package it has a mail in rebate of 35 dollars.. so im planning to send that in and ive got a really nice safe for free lol.. im thinking this is too good to be true for all locations, but it did have a clearance sticker saying 48.98 under the 13 dollar one, which would still be a good deal if it has the 35 dollar rebate, look at the top corner of the box, the clearance sticker was over the rebate part on the one i got.. i think 13 dollars was a mistake, but its still a great deal if you get a 35 dollar rebate and pay 49 for it.. your still looking at like 15 dollars for a really nice safe.. it may be a long shot but if you see a sentrysafe sitting around in some random spot you may check it out.. anyone else see these on clearance?

I got a similar SETRYSAFE maybe 3 months ago at Target.

Original price was 99.99 and was on sale for 29.98 and there was a $20.00 Rebate that I sent and got the check a few weeks later. So 10.00 total. (minus TAX)

It sounds like the one you got is even bigger than mine for an even better deal!

Great Job!

I got a similar SETRYSAFE maybe 3 months ago at Target.

Original price was 99.99 and was on sale for 29.98 and there was a $20.00 Rebate that I sent and got the check a few weeks later. So 10.00 total. (minus TAX)

It sounds like the one you got is even bigger than mine for an even better deal!

Great Job!

New quarter, new thread.

Since the 'thread summary' notation was barely being used, I've decided to end that. PerimeterPerusing.com will now just redirect to this sub-forum instead.

Hopefully we can increase the activity in this thread compared to last quarter. Please remember to post your finds in here for everyone's benefit.

Girls jeans 70% off random stores from Murrieta ca to Rancho Cucamonga... more 8-14 sizes. Also saw baby gear 30% too.

Please post when you see the baby gear go 50%. I checked 3 stores in Riverside County today..All still 30%. Thanks on the jeans was able to get 3 pair and used the 15% off childrens apparel coupon from the Target website. I paid $6xx for 3 pairs of Jeans girls size 10.

New quarter, new thread.

Since the 'thread summary' notation was barely being used, I've decided to end that. PerimeterPerusing.com will now just redirect to this sub-forum instead.

Hopefully we can increase the activity in this thread compared to last quarter. Please remember to post your finds in here for everyone's benefit.

Unfortunately, there isn't many clearance finds to post anymore. Lets hope the big 70% toy clearance brings everyone out. :)

Unfortunately, there isn't many clearance finds to post anymore. Lets hope the big 70% toy clearance brings everyone out. :)

So true...I drove PAST a Target this weekend and didn't even stop in to LOOK which would have never happened before :(

I haven't even been in Target in at least a month *GASP* and it's only a couple of miles away. Are any of the toys clearanced yet and if so what is the current %? It just occurred to me yesterday that this is the time of year for the toy clearance and I don't want to miss the chance to stock up on birthday and Christmas presents for my son :)

I haven't even been in Target in at least a month *GASP* and it's only a couple of miles away. Are any of the toys clearanced yet and if so what is the current %? It just occurred to me yesterday that this is the time of year for the toy clearance and I don't want to miss the chance to stock up on birthday and Christmas presents for my son :)

All 3 of my stores have toys at 30% and 50%. Not sure what the reasoning is...Most of the toys are still on their isles and Target has not started to purge them to one isle yet.