* Official Black Friday MP3 PLAYER Thread *

i-bystander

I finally found the Office Depot MP3 player and it's definately the best deal in my humble opinion. The cheapest I've seen the one they have is $85. They have it on BF for $59.99. I'm definately planning on that one! I know that Office Depot is on the black list (get it...black friday :) ) But...That's the one I've been looking for for weeks!

It's the Sandisk e140. It has 1GB of memory and you can add another 2 GB. It plays on AAA batteries (much better in my opinion than the lithium ones).

Here's all the info:

Sansa e140-stores over 16 hours/240 songs of MP3 or 32 hours/480 songs of WMA music3

Digital FM tuner

SD™expansion slot lets you add up to 2GB of additional memory

High quality SRS WOW™ sound

Microsoft PlaysFor Sure™ Certified ensures that what you

buy from PlaysForSure-certified online music stores such as Real Rhapsody will play on your Sansa e100 series MP3 player

Supports MP3, WMA, secure WMA and Audible audio file formats

Digital FM tuner with 20 preset stations

Easy player navigation: songs sorted by title, artist, album, genre and more

SRS WOW technology included for superior sound playback

Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port for fast and easy transfer of files

Up to 17 hours continuous playback using one AAA battery4

Attractive sport carrying case with armband to protect your player and keep hands free duringworkouts

Indigo backlit multi-line LCD display provides album, artist, and song title information

Stereo headphones

Valuable offers from Audible, AudioFeast, and Rhapsody

One year limited warranty

I have a question- I want to get my teen son one of these mp3 players-was thinking about the radio shack one with the rebate that makes it $50.00...anyway, for those knowledgable, I want to monitor what my son downloads into his player and I was wondering if you know the best site for this. One that I can maybe set up so it only allows items that do not have explicit or overly sexual content, etc. Or one where It has to be approved by me with a pin or something before the order can be completed...Any input would be wonderful! Thanks!

Kellie

if only for audiobook, I guess radioshack 1GB portable mp3 player at 50 AR would be a target...

Hubby asked for a mp3 player for Christmas tonight while I was talking on the phone to him. He said they have a place where they can d/l songs and audiobooks to them. And he can listen to the books while he works out.

My question is.. what would be a good and reasonably priced for under $100 or so.

I know nothing about mp3 players. And what size would I need? For him storing audiobooks on it. :violin:

according to ***********, seems that they have 512MB sandisk at 59.99 instead of 1GB...

anywhere we can see the scans?

I finally found the Office Depot MP3 player and it's definately the best deal in my humble opinion. The cheapest I've seen the one they have is $85. They have it on BF for $59.99. I'm definately planning on that one! I know that Office Depot is on the black list (get it...black friday :) ) But...That's the one I've been looking for for weeks!

It's the Sandisk e140. It has 1GB of memory and you can add another 2 GB. It plays on AAA batteries (much better in my opinion than the lithium ones).

Here's all the info:

Sansa e140-stores over 16 hours/240 songs of MP3 or 32 hours/480 songs of WMA music3

Digital FM tuner

SD™expansion slot lets you add up to 2GB of additional memory

High quality SRS WOW™ sound

Microsoft PlaysFor Sure™ Certified ensures that what you

buy from PlaysForSure-certified online music stores such as Real Rhapsody will play on your Sansa e100 series MP3 player

Supports MP3, WMA, secure WMA and Audible audio file formats

Digital FM tuner with 20 preset stations

Easy player navigation: songs sorted by title, artist, album, genre and more

SRS WOW technology included for superior sound playback

Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port for fast and easy transfer of files

Up to 17 hours continuous playback using one AAA battery4

Attractive sport carrying case with armband to protect your player and keep hands free duringworkouts

Indigo backlit multi-line LCD display provides album, artist, and song title information

Stereo headphones

Valuable offers from Audible, AudioFeast, and Rhapsody

One year limited warranty

where you can find the OD scans?

can you PM me?

thanks a lot!

I looked at the ad scans from Office Depot. I've been searching for a good deal on the e140 for a long time...That's definately the one pictured in the ad for $59.99.

:-)

I'm planning on using it for audiobooks, which is why I wanted to be able to expand it up to 3 GB.

I bought the SanDisk 512 mb mp3 today at Circuit City for $49.99 and I`ll wait and see what we can come up with on BF.

Do you have a Best Buy in town? BB is selling the Sandisk 1GB model (twice the storage capacity of yours) for only $30 more, at $80, no rebates. Sandisk model SDMX3.

I personally would not buy one, instead I would get a Creative Zen MP3 Player.

I have heard that most Creative players break after a few months. They still get great reviews because most reviews are written after a few days of use. I'm definitely staying away from Creative.

I found an mp3 player that has a reg. price of 99.xx. WalMart sells the ILO 1 GB for that price. I bought it to try. I also own a Creative Zen Nano Plus that is comparable...But the ILO is better in my opinion and less expensive.

lilBuddha or anyone else who would know, I like this mp3 player for my 13yr old son. My question is, can it be hooked up to speakers? I have read the specs on it and nothing is mentioned nor are speakers listed in the available accessories. I think he would get more use of the player if it could be used with speakers.

Thanks in advance.

I have heard that most Creative players break after a few months. They still get great reviews because most reviews are written after a few days of use. I'm definitely staying away from Creative.

My son has had his Nomad Zen Extra for a year and a month and it's still works great. He takes it everywhere with him--in his pockets no less--without much protection at all and it works great!

Was at BB today (hate hate hate that store, but that's another story). Looked at the 1GB SanDisk and nowhere did it indicate that it would accept any additional memory. If this SanDisk does take a memory card, would someone please confirm? Will even go pay BB's current sale price of 80.

[Of course, I was being "helped" by a useless guy who, when I asked about the Zen vs. the SanDisk said - well, it's good but it's just sold out. 2 minutes later, as we were comparing other options said - you should just get the Zen, and when I asked him to confirm that he had just said they were sold out, said - oh, yeah, right.]:confused: