* Official Black Friday MP3 PLAYER Thread *

i-bystander

Was at BB today (hate hate hate that store, but that's another story). Looked at the 1GB SanDisk and nowhere did it indicate that it would accept any additional memory. If this SanDisk does take a memory card, would someone please confirm? Will even go pay BB's current sale price of 80.

[Of course, I was being "helped" by a useless guy who, when I asked about the Zen vs. the SanDisk said - well, it's good but it's just sold out. 2 minutes later, as we were comparing other options said - you should just get the Zen, and when I asked him to confirm that he had just said they were sold out, said - oh, yeah, right.]:confused:

The one that is on sale is the 240, it does not take extra memory. You want the 140 if you want to add extra memory. That is at Office Depot on Black Friday.

The one that is on sale is the 240, it does not take extra memory. You want the 140 if you want to add extra memory. That is at Office Depot on Black Friday.

Thank you for clarification of models. I know lots about computers and CD players, but the mp3 players are out of my league.

Was at BB today (hate hate hate that store, but that's another story). Looked at the 1GB SanDisk and nowhere did it indicate that it would accept any additional memory. If this SanDisk does take a memory card, would someone please confirm? Will even go pay BB's current sale price of 80.

I think there are 2 kinds of sandisk mp3 players -- the regular ones and the sansa. The sansa has expansion slot for additional memory.

I'm new to the MP3 scene but my wife really wants one for Christmas. I think I have weeded through this topic and websites enough to determine that I want the Creative Zen Micro 5GB with the FM Tuner for $149.99 from TigerDirect.com. Looks like it is getting tons of favorable reviews and has good storage space. I do want some advice though:

What online MP3 service do you all suggest? Are there any that have music and audio books all on the same site? I know she would probably enjoy the audio books as well as the music capabilities. Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

DD

Those wanting an mp3 player for children should consider the ipod shuffle. The reviews I have read say this thing is durable, and like it alot.

Sears has the 512 mb one on sale now for 79.

http://sears.shoplocal.com/sears/default.aspx?action=detail&storeid=2156569&rapid=0&pagenumber=0&listingid=-2096145443&offerid=&ref=%2fsears%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsecategoryl2%26storeid%3d2156569%26CatTreeID%3d105690%26L2CatId%3d105690%26L1CatID%3d105400

Can someone please tell me the major differences between the SanDisk 512 MB MP3 player and the SanDisk SANSA 512 MB?? I can see a physical difference, but as far as features, what are the major differences?

From their site:

As a replacement to our original Digital Audio Player line, this improved look also includes Sansa’s excellent navigation: songs sorted by title, artist, album, genre as well as playlist support. The Sansa m200 Series MP3 players are one of the first to provide Microsoft PlaysForSure Subscription support.

The line comes in three capacities: Blue at 512MB, Silver at 1GB, and Black at 2GB. The player can also be used as an external storage device to carry important data and transfer it to another PC.

This is great, but it would be even better if it had been updated as adds were added. I had to go through each and every ad because I just knew I saw some that weren't here. There is a Jenson 512 mb at Meijer for 39.97.

We are seeing so many new threads about the various MP3 players that we are going to have one central thread for discussion. This post will be updated shortly with information about each model available, and you can discuss them as much as you'd like in this thread :)

Best Buy

* Sandisk Sansa E240 512MB MP3 Player - $39.99 *

* Apple iPod Nano 2GB - $199.99 w/ Free $25 iTunes Card

CompUSA

* Apple iPod Shuffle 512MB w/ Free Jam Caps - $99.99

* Apple iPod Video 30GB w/ Free Travel Charger - $299.99

* Apple 2GB iPod Nano - $199.99 w/ Free Case

* Centon 256MB MP3 Player - $19.99 AR

* Sandisk 512MB MP3 Player - $49.99 AR

* Argosy 20GB MP3 Player - $99.99 AR

* Vibe 1GB MP3 Digital Audio Player - $99.99 AR

* Sony 1GB MP3 Player - $149.99

* Sony 512MB MP3 Player - $99.99

K-Mart

* Sandisk Sansa 512MB MP3 Player - $59.99

AAFES

* Coby MP3 Player - $29.99

Radio Shack

* Portable 1GB MP3 Player - $49.99 AR

* Apple iPod Nano 2GB MP3 Player - $199.99

Sears

* MPIO 256MB MP3 Player - $19.99 AR *

* Sony NW-E105PS Network Walkman 512MB MP3 Player - $79.99

Toys R' Us

* Craig 256MB MP3 Player - $29.99 *

Wal-Mart

* Philips HDD077 2GB MP3 Player - $99.72 *

Guest CS.Dean
Went to Circuit city tonight and was informed that they would NOT price match on BF. I went trying to get the 1GB sandisk player. I was informed that they would not PM anything from the BF ads

What is the best one to get for a runner? My husband wants one for his morning runs and I am clueless. He doesn't want a lot of storage so that is not an issue. He needs something that doesn't go on a clip or in a pocket, maybe straps onto his arm? Any help you can give is greatly appreciated, and the cheaper the better!

I have the Creative Zen Nano Plus 1 GB. It came with an armband and I use it here at work a lot. I love it! I plan on upgrading to something a little larger though. The nano plus is about $130 for the 1 gb, but you can also get it in 256mb (about $50) and 512mb (about $80).

How much will the 1 GB sandisk be at office depot on BFF? I don't see the ad anymore.

$59.99 after rebate. I bought 2 today and the manager said just bring in recipt and they will return and rering. So I don't have to go there right away in the morning.;)

Guest CS.Dean
the local office depot would not PM on friday. I think it from store to store to decide. There ad is up on their website now. The 1GB they are selling is a pretty good one. The have the displayed right in front of the door when you go in.

Just a heads up. The Sandisk 1GB player on the BF at Circuit City is not the e140 but this one SDMX31024A18. They have their ad up now. I guess I'll have to go to Office Depot which throws thing off a bit because they don't open until 6. Sorry, couldn't post the kink since this is my first post.

Just a heads up. The Sandisk 1GB player on the BF at Circuit City is not the e140 but this one SDMX31024A18. They have their ad up now. I guess I'll have to go to Office Depot which throws thing off a bit because they don't open until 6. Sorry, couldn't post the kink since this is my first post.

I believe that the m240 (SDMX31024A18)that they are selling at circuit city is the better product. It is the newer prodcut (released in October) and gets a much higher rating at cnet.com (a tech nerd website). It gets rated as a 7.3 (very good), while the old e140 version only got a 5.7 rating (average). FYI i-pods and creative lab rate in the 8.0's to give you an idea of where they both stack up against the competition.