Gift cards for less than face value

sperdue

I was just poking around on ebay and there are tons of gift cards on there. Some auctions close out right around the face value of the card. But, some of them are quite a bit less. Those of you that are going to get big ticket items could probably save even more on BF.

Go to ebay.com and enter gift card in the search box :)

Do it all the time, best way to save even more. You just have to be carefull.

Thank you! I was beginning to feel like I'd commited a sin bringing ebay in here ;)

I've bought and sold over 500 items there and, knock on wood, not had any problems. You just need to be sure and check the sellers feedback.

I have no problem with ebay. I've been buying and selling (more selling then buying) for a while now. Feedback rating of over 550 and I have had a problem or two but, the good far out number the bad. That said, I've never bought a GC off their. It would be my luck I would get the card only to find out there is no money on it lol.

We'll see how well it works out. I just bought a $500 Walmart GC for $425 shipped. The guy has good feedback and he actually responded to the few negatives he has received (which indicates that he actually cares). Hopefully everything turns out OK for me because laptop here I come!

I have been buying and selling and Ebay for awhile now, and so far have had only a couple dead beat bidders. Otherwise I've been VERY lucky. I have sold gift cards on there before and they seem to go like hotcakes! I had 2 on there at once for the same place. I figurerd I'd be lucky to gt half of what they were worth. There was a bidding war going on for them! I ended up selling them for about 50 cents off what they were worth!!! It was funny watching these 2 people bidding against each other. Thanks to them!!! I'm also this weekend going to be listing a ton of stuff and I put that money towards BF shopping. Last year I did the same thing and made about 1000.00 doing that! I will say if you are going to buy on Ebay....PLEASE check the persons feedback! Especially if your buying a big ticket item!!!:D

I sell on Ebay too, like the others. And I think there was a lot of fraud, but some of that has cooled. But, with the holidays upon us, just be careful. Like everyone says just really research a person's feedback. You can look to see if the feedback comes from other people that sell/buy gift cards. That helps really assure you. You can save tons. Also, everyone knows about the savings club you can join and buy gift cards for a lot of retailers at 20% off, right? That's how I'm doing Circuit City, Target, Kohl's, Lowe's HD and others this year! I've been in those clubs for year and they make BF all right! I'm on my way to post some gift cards for sale on EBAY right now! ;-)

You can join certain shopping clubs with a 30 day free or $1 membership and buy gift cards for 80% of their value. I have done this many times. If you like the service you can keep it for a monthly fee but if you cancel after 30 days you can keep your giftcards.

the website is everydayvaluesgold or evgold.com

You can join certain shopping clubs with a 30 day free or $1 membership and buy gift cards for 80% of their value. I have done this many times. If you like the service you can keep it for a monthly fee but if you cancel after 30 days you can keep your giftcards.

If you get a referral bonus, tell me what info I need to give for you. I'm gonna try this out. How long does it take to get the cards?

I've done this before but now it's either hard to cancel or they just don't send the gc till you have become a paying member. i don't advise it

However i have gotten gc's on ebay :)

I've had luck with eBay. Knocking on wood here!!

I did one time want to bid on some Red Lobster gift cards once though. After checking carefully at this seller's feedback, I didn't think his auctions were on the up and up. He had like 20 or so positive feedbacks, but upon checking those autions, he'd bid on things that cost $0.01 to $0.25 to get his feedback up. Most being closer to the $0.01 figure.

I'll probably get flamed, but I emailed everyone who'd bid on all his auctions that he may not be on the up and up. Everyone had already paid. :( About 4 of them emailed me later to say they did get ripped off. I just knew it.

IMO, if you're careful, you should do ok. Of course, it's always a risk though. I've been a member since late '99 and so far, so good.

I've had luck with eBay. Knocking on wood here!!

I did one time want to bid on some Red Lobster gift cards once though. After checking carefully at this seller's feedback, I didn't think his auctions were on the up and up. He had like 20 or so positive feedbacks, but upon checking those autions, he'd bid on things that cost $0.01 to $0.25 to get his feedback up. Most being closer to the $0.01 figure.

I'll probably get flamed, but I emailed everyone who'd bid on all his auctions that he may not be on the up and up. Everyone had already paid. :( About 4 of them emailed me later to say they did get ripped off. I just knew it.

IMO, if you're careful, you should do ok. Of course, it's always a risk though. I've been a member since late '99 and so far, so good.

always better to be safe and not bid on something then to bid and just give away your hard earned money for nothing to show

why would anyone sell a GC for a value less than face value? how would they obtain it in the first place?

can anyone throw some light here?

simonalex

getting it thru a rewards program... quickrewards, rewardtv, mypoints

doing surveys

or by the above mentioned method, sign up to try a program- get the free gift card and cancel the program

you are getting it free or cheap and still making a profit

or you got it as a gift or whatever and have no real need so you take the loss just to get rid of it and get $$ instead

why would anyone sell a GC for a value less than face value? how would they obtain it in the first place?

simonalex

My guess is some (not all) obtain GC's from promo's they find on the web then sell them. Like there is one now on inside pages where you write reveiws then get GC's for those reviews. Prior to this promo, they were giving away Shell gas GC's and I seen quite a few of them being sold on Ebay. You'd be surprised the things you can get for free on the net if you just do some searching ;)

simonalex

I'm a member of a few survey sites that award you points, and you trade in the points for GCs. Also, I've gotten several GCs from test drive offers. Sometimes, you end up with a GC that you don't want/won't use. When that happens I always sell the GC or trade it for other GCs that I will use. :yay: