What's the longest amount of time you've ever spent shopping on BF?

MarkRaby

What's the longest amount of time you've ever spent shopping on BF in the past?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What's the longest amount of time you've ever spent shopping on BF in the past?

• Less than 3 hours (I'm weak)
    • 3 - 5 hours (Don't want it to take up my whole day)
    • 6 - 9 hours (It's a good chunk of my day)
    • 10 - 12 hours (Gotta hit many different stores)
    • More than 12 hours (I'm just crazy like that)
    • I have never been to Black Friday (Just so you BF newbies can be represented here)

I've read that some people here are planning on just hitting one store (i.e. pricematching all other stores, or they only care for one store). But with me, it's like a marathon thing. I've got to hit as many stores as I can, so I've gone from 5 AM to 2 PM before, and I know some people have me beat. For the poll, do include any time that you spend waiting for the store to open.

-Mark-

Last year was the most time we ever went shopping for. We left in the middle of the night and stood in line for a few hours. After we finally got in to that store, we did our shopping there and then stood in line for another hour to check out. We hit about 5 more stores after that. We did at least take an hour in the middle of that for an early lunch and to rest our feet. We had a great time with it and made sure that we were extra nice to the people that were working! By the time we came home from shopping, we were all BEAT!!! I have to be honest, if I were to get the same kind of sales I got last year, I'd do it all over again!:insane:

We tend to not stay in the stores over a couple of hours......my wife and I will camp out the two stores we want to buy from first. Usually we're at the very front of the line......last year she was 5th in line at BB, I was 1st at CompUSA. So both of us were out in less than 20 minutes after the doors opened....we got our items and went right out to pay.

Hit Sears as our last store.....that took a little longer, but we were on our way home before 11AM. We did start our camp-out at midnight, though.

Clearly you need to refuel with some Thanksgiving leftovers!

I go to an electronics door-buster sale, like Best Buy or Circuit City, then I go directly to Target. The lines in Best Buy are usually ridiculous so it takes a good chunk of the morning. I go home and have lunch/early dinner then hit up the mall. (Woodfield in Schaumburg, IL).

More than 12 hours......every year. We start at around 4:30 - 5:00 at the latest. We normally get home between 6:00 - midnight. One year we got home at a little after midnight, it was one of the first few years that we went. My husband was worried to death about us. He couldn't believe that we could still be out shopping. Now if we get home before 8:00, he wants to know if we are sick or if something is wrong. The year that we didn't get home until after midnight, my feet hurt so bad the next day that I could hardly walk. All this for the love of bargains :)