Favorite Christmas book?

berry

Found a book about the stories behind the best, most loved Christmas tunes. Wow! "Mary did you know" was written from the concept of a newspaper person interviewing Mary and the writter was a special needs kid. What's your favorite Christmas book?

I dont know if I have a favorite yet as I havent read too many except for ones to my children :) However I did finish one two nights ago called "The Most beautiful gift" by Jonathan Snow....and right now Im reading Holiday At the Dew Drop Inn.... it was a recommendation from another sight.

Found a book about the stories behind the best, most loved Christmas tunes. Wow! "Mary did you know" was written from the concept of a newspaper person interviewing Mary and the writter was a special needs kid. What's your favorite Christmas book?

Whats the name of this book. It sounds right up my ally. I am intrested in the orgins of popular songs. "Mary did you know" is one of my fav. Christmas songs.

don't know but that sounds like a neat book

I'm reading "A Christmas Story" right now. I have "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash", but it doesn't contain all the stories that make up the movie. They put them all together in this book, that reads like a collection of short stories. Most weren't Christmas related, outside of the movie (i.e., the leg lamp story). I love Jean Shepard, despite only knowing him from the movie the the books mentioned above. I love his use of vocabulary, and his ability to create vivid imagery. And I relate to his passion for Christmas. Here's an example, "Christmas was on its way. Each day was more exciting than the last, because Christmas was one day closer. Lovely, beautiful, glorious Christmas, around which the entire year revolved."