Is there a age limit to buying a doorbuster item.

gingerlynn

I am taking my twin boys this year, they are 13. They are going to each stand in their own line. Thankfully we live in a small town and we know most that are there. I am sure that some of their friends will also be in line..lol. They are going to stand in line for the Xbox and PS3.

We were told today at my store that items requiring a "voucher" were 1 per customer. If the customer is a baby, and the parents wants them to have a voucher, they get one. No questions asked. So if your family needs multiple tv's, laptops, etc... bring the kids and babies. Keep in mind, this is at the store I work at. Your store may have different rules.

Letting them hold onto $200. plus scares me. Ive never gotten a big item before like the laptop, do they pay on they spot? or could I meet them and then give them the money to pay when Im done getting my things. I was going for smaller stuff like sheets n towels etc.. Was gonna go around 7pm. What time should they go? By the way thanks everyone for all the advice.

I think this is one of those things where your store will vary...one of my favorite shopping methods to do is be near the registers at our store because they will literally pile up the 'extras' of items where you are only allowed one (if a customer shows up with 2, the cashier piles the extra and only sells the 1). However, I have seen preteens buying items...but noone younger...like I said, each store will vary...

I talked to our manager today and asked him how they were going to do the big ticket items. They are actually doing the ticket system this year. Thank goodness!! I told him that my boys were going to be in a line and I was going to be in a line and didn't feel comfortable giving them 200.00. He said that we will be allowed to meet in the front so that I can pay for it at once. My husband will also be with us. I am putting one of them in line to get the trampoline and one in line for the Xbox. The other one is going to stand in line for the camera. I am going to go get a few video games and stuff like that.

I talked to our manager today and asked him how they were going to do the big ticket items. They are actually doing the ticket system this year. Thank goodness!! I told him that my boys were going to be in a line and I was going to be in a line and didn't feel comfortable giving them 200.00. He said that we will be allowed to meet in the front so that I can pay for it at once. My husband will also be with us. I am putting one of them in line to get the trampoline and one in line for the Xbox. The other one is going to stand in line for the camera. I am going to go get a few video games and stuff like that.

They did tickets last year but you still had to stay in line you may want to verify that before you go.

They did tickets last year but you still had to stay in line you may want to verify that before you go.

You still have to stay in line until 10 but they would not have to pay for it at that time.

We decided not to get the Xbox anyway. We are getting the trampoline for my daughter instead and getting a new guitar for my son and a double bass pedal for my other son.