Best Buy's TV's, use SKU # to check inventory in store MERGED

cireafan

Before you camp out for the $79.99 Dynex 24" LCD TV, give this SKU #: 2970158 to the customer service desk prior to store-closing on Wednesday or contact by phone, and they will be happy to tell you how many they have in stock. Then you can decide if it's worth waiting in line or not, or if it's sold-out after counting how many people are in line.

Hopefully, this thread will eliminate all speculations or fears with how many boxes each Best Buy store will receive. I have heard some stores receiving 80 boxes or tickets. My local Best Buy store is getting 107 boxes, which is much better than I thought. So, I don't need to camp out too ultra-early after all.:)

Edited by Rockfordmom

Before you camp out for the $199.99 Sharp 42" LCD TV, give this SKU #: 3142087 to the customer service desk prior to store-closing on Wednesday or contact by phone, and they will be happy to tell you how many they have in stock. Then you can decide if it's worth waiting in line or not, or if it's sold-out after counting how many people are in line.

Hopefully, this thread will eliminate all speculations or fears with how many boxes each Best Buy store will receive on Black Friday. I have heard some stores receiving 50 boxes or tickets. My local Best Buy store is getting 72 boxes, which is much better than I thought. So, I don't need to camp out too ultra-early after all. :)

Edited by cireafan

So apparently not every Best Buy is 'happy to tell you' how many they will have....

I just called our Best Buy and asked if they could tell me how many they will have if I give them the SKU # and she put me on

hold and then came back and said she was not allowed to tell me at all, and that they will have at least only the minimum noted

for that item in the store, but that she can't tell me.

I even told her I had asked before on previous occasions and the manager was happy to look up the info for me, but she still insisted that she was not allowed to tell me....

We called and they would not tell us either. We passed the store and there are 4 people in line.

Our family eats more of a lunch for Thanksgiving and we should be done at 1. We have decided that we will evaluate the line and then if it is not too long we will join in. If it is long.. we wil not do it this year. We want the TV, but I want to spend time with my family as well.

Well there were 10 people at my Best Buy outside already when I drove by at noon today, and when I got here straight after work there was double that... so I didn't leave. I'm about 25ish in line right now.

First people here (and he's always first every year) have been here since midnight last night since they moved up the opening time to tomorrow at midnight for the doorbusters. Every year his group is first, and is always here a little earlier each year... and, he owns a business and just resells all the doorbuster items he gets for a profit every year anyway... it's annoying..

Also found out that they are showing the Harry Potter movie here at our store as well....they have a large truck lined up with a whited out side on it, and that is what the movie will be shown on....

good times.