Will Best Buy match Walmart?

burmafrd

at our best buy in north alabama, they will only price match other stores if the other store has the product in store. they will call the store...(wal mart or which ever store) to see if they have it in stock. If the other store is out of it at the time they will not price match. just thought i would let you know on that but each store may be different.

I tell you out of personal experience that happened last year...

There is a Best Buy and Walmart directly across the street from each other, so I went in to Best Buy because I had to buy something anyway. I walked up to them and asked if they matched prices, because Walmart was selling a DVD $5 cheaper. He said he knew about it, but they did not. I was pretty furious, so I left BB without buying anything, and bought my DVD at Walmart...

My local BB did not match BF prices and personally I would not have wanted to wait in the customer service line anyway(they are always giving out the ticketed items over there and in addition to that I have had new cashiers the last two years who were not able to handle checking me out much less pming).

In my experience, (and according to their posted policies) BB will match WM

BUT:

1) WM has to have stock at the time

2) WM flyer must specify the $$$ not the %%%

3) PM is 100% if done before you leave the store ...

4) PM is 110% if you leave the store, and come back in ...

But, since anything worth having at WM will be out of stock before BB even opens their doors, I wouldn't hold my breath on BB being particularly helpful (and that doesn't include the 2+ hrs standing in line for the CS desk.)

@

On some items, such as laptop and some tv's, they will have 2 model numbers for the same product but for diffrent stores. I tried to have Circuit City price match a laptop that Best Buy had cheaper. They had the same specs, same manufacturer, everything was the same. The only diffrence was at cc it was model 456781, at best buy it was 456782 (examples). This also happend with a tv I was trying to buy.

Last year on BF, Circuit city would not PM a DVD that was on a doorbuster sale at TRU because, they said, they "had it on sale too." Of course it was a worse sale, that's why I wanted to PM it. But no matter to them. :gd_stars:

Anyway, PMing on BF can be messy so you might want to check with the store that they will be following their usual rules on BF.

at our best buy in north alabama, they will only price match other stores if the other store has the product in store. they will call the store...(wal mart or which ever store) to see if they have it in stock. If the other store is out of it at the time they will not price match. just thought i would let you know on that but each store may be different.

same here

Good luck trying to get someone at Wal-Mart to answer the phone on BF, or actually check on a specific item if you're lucky enough to have someone answer the phone!