What's your BF shopping strategy??

lovelymissyoli

I would really like to get a leg up on the competition. What is your BF strategy --- rotating who stands in line, bringing extra people to grab more stuff, camping out :sleeping: , etc?

I normally wait out in front of the mall, particularly Robinson's May, Gottschalk's, or some other store, but this year I'm planning on having someone stand in line for me at Robinson's May while I go to Wal-Mart for the first time on BF. I know I'm going to have to be up on my game since Wal-Mart is the place to be on BF :g_dance: .

Please share how your strategy on getting the best deals and the most items in a small amount of time! How many stores do you normally shop at before the deals are gone?

Guest all2tired
I got in contact with somebody I ran into last year at BF. Actually she called me. We're going to compare lists and then meet up at walmart, she'll get some things I need while I get some she needs.

I plan to have at least 2 "shopping buddies" with me. We need to hit Wal-Mart, Sears, and a few other places all within an hour, so we'll be at different locations, with some handy 3-mile range walkie-talkies (17.42 per pair at Wal-Mart) so we can keep in touch or call for backup.

I plan to have at least 2 "shopping buddies" with me. We need to hit Wal-Mart, Sears, and a few other places all within an hour, so we'll be at different locations, with some handy 3-mile range walkie-talkies (17.42 per pair at Wal-Mart) so we can keep in touch or call for backup.

Backup, LOL! http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileys/cop.gif

My parents go to some stores while I go to the other ones. We try to help each other out in getting stuff. I'm on my own most of the time though. I try to get to the stores that will save me the most money first and then to the other stores later. Electronics items are usually tops on my list. My hubby informed me that he may have to work that Friday. I'm crossing my fingers that he won't--I refuse to miss this day!! LOL

So far its just DH & I going for the early bird specials.. we're hitting walmart. If Kmart has some good BF sales (they seem to be doing fair with the Tday sale) then we may hit them after Walmart.

DH is taking electronics and I'm hitting toys. We're hoping to get SIL in on the act as well..so that we'll have a 3rd person to help with the heavy stuff.

ETA that we're also trading our Dodge Neon for FIL's full size Chevy truck for the day lol And if SIL gets in on it, then that'll mean her Blazer that we can fill up, too.

I only go if there are MAJOR deals. I skipped last year as there wasn't anything worth standing inline for 2 hours.

I take as many people as I can and we split up at different stores (great if you all want the same item) and I agree that electronics go the fastest.

Sometimes we will "scope" out the stores the day before to find out where exactly the sale items will be placed.

Toys R Us and KB Toys "rope off the whole store" like a maze and it can take you a few hours after they open to just get through, so I'd loose out going any other place.

The Kmart in my area gave out $40 gift cards to the first 50 in line.

If you know someone who works for the store, sometimes they have a site just for employees to order their BF items. I heard CVS is doing that this year cause shoppers complained of the workers buying everything up.

Not sure if you could get anything off the sites. We got BF deals from KBToys site for the "early prices" after standing in line all day one year and the store was sold out of everything. Not sure if they still do it.

Most poeple are jerks and run you over, don't say thankyou, ect. But I found that at our Walmart last year(because the lines to the toys were the whole way across the store) the ones closest to the piles would holler if anyone wanted a particular item and we'd pass it back.

Also one year Circut City had great deals on TV's (one per customer) we got one for each of our 4 kids by letting each one go in and pay for their own.

Kmart one year walk down the line of poeple and handed them redemption tickets (if someone wanted it) for the big sale items so you could go get other things and still get what you stood in line for in the first place.

No offense, but good luck with that. If you really wanted to keep in touch with walkies, you need to spend at least $100 on a decent set. Preferably Motorolas.

In fact... this is why Nextel Direct Connect is perfect for BF shoppers. Nationwide walkie talkies!

Believe it or not, when I first bought a set of these at Wal-Mart, we opened them up, and one person started driving away while I stayed in the store... got about 1.5 miles range. Of course, if I'm deep in the bowels of the store it won't be so good... but that's what cell phones are for!

Shopping buddies and cell phones are the best things for BF. My dad goes and gets in line a Best Buy. My mom and I meet at Walmart and try to price match as much as we can plus pick up their deals. My daughter goes wherever I need her, and my cousin shops for her kids but we always stay in touch, pick things up for each other, and settle the finances later. When mom and I finish at Walmart we head different directions to get the most deals. We are contantly calling each other to see who has picked up the most deals. If any of you are in the Chesapeake Virginia area that's where we will be shopping!!