Anyone been on the news on Black Friday??

jenzshoppin

:reporter: On my first Black Friday I went to KBtoys at the mall and the news showed up and interviewed me! :blahblah: They asked what I was looking to buy and it was the Hotwheels or Matchbox, criss-cross-crash toy. I got into KBToys and they were gone! :holiday16 I got so caught up with the sales, I bought $200. worth of toys because they were giving away Buzz Lightyear!:lolrun:

Anyway, my DH recorded it from tv that morning and just reminded me he had it recently when converting our VHS tapes to DVD. :trampolin It is funny thinking about it now, but I'd rather not watch myself on tv again!

Anyone else been on the news on BF??

Yes I have. I was interviewed along with my friend after the news reporter had noticed how full her SUV was. This was at 8:00am and we were at our last stop before we needed to go home and empty out because we could not fit anymore in. And that is usually the case.

I was caught last year while I was waiting to go into kbtoys. I warned her before she went on air to not put me on cause i looked horrible and she did it anyway. I was nice when the camera was on me but after i told her off.

OMG yes!! We were coming out of Walmart with all our stuff and the news guy asked us a bunch of questions about the toys and who they were for and blah blah blah..WELL ..MY KIDS Saw it and KNEW what they were getting!! I was so mad! I didnt even THINK about my kids seeing it lol. Needless to say, they were pretty excited about their new stuff. :tongue1:

MY KIDS Saw it and KNEW what they were getting!! I was so mad! I didnt even THINK about my kids seeing it lol.

I thought about that later too. Then I was glad that the item was not in stock and all of the gifts would be a surprise. My son did ask me about the toy and I told him it was out of stock. Don't worry, both my kids had a great Christmas and didn't think twice about the gift that I talked about on TV!

:giggle: And I was worried about what I looked like, even if I did put on makeup, it was just too early to look good!!

Two years ago I got interviewed outside Best Buy at 430 in the morning, and then again inside when I was waiting in line to check out. It was funny to see how much more tired I can become in 5 hours. Then I had to watch it lead the news every hour on the hour at work, because my coworkers thought it was funny.

Last yr when I reahced KB toys at 4.30 in the morning, their was already a big line outside the store and in the front of the line, some people were being interviewd by local TV. we were lucky that we were late.

I guess they were told that customers are waiting isnce 3.00 am.

Simonalex

No, but I always watch the news while I am waiting on my sister to pick me up (she is usually 5-10 minutes late) and I get a total hoot out of the shoppers and it makes me go crazy wanting to get there. The wait is so hard. Most years I end up standing at the end of the driveway waiting for her to pick me up because I am so antsy that I can't wait inside. Honestly, I hope I am not ever interviewed, I get so excited on BF that I would probably just say something stupid.

I was on but not interviewed. I was in line w/ my TV at Walmart one year. They were doing an interview not far from me. When I went to work Monday 5 different people said the entire time the interview was happening I was the backshot. I didn't know about it until then.

A few years ago I was first in line at Toys R Us. The van pulled up and asked if they could interview us. I was the only one to say yes! All the other women pulled away as if the news guy had the plague!

Lynn

Two years ago I got interviewed outside Best Buy at 430 in the morning, and then again inside when I was waiting in line to check out. It was funny to see how much more tired I can become in 5 hours. Then I had to watch it lead the news every hour on the hour at work, because my coworkers thought it was funny

Here's you :splat::mad::cry2::runaway::2bat: or were you like :greenappl

Here are your co-workers :giggle::trampolin:lmao::lolrun:

That must have been an interesting day at work! I know I HATE watching the clip of me on BF, I didn't say what I wanted to say and I was all giddy and acted like I was in line for Disneyland! ;)