New Easy Bake Oven

Cblaramore

I think there's a good possibility it will be a BF item - but not sure how much lower than that $34.99 price. Just checked on Walmarts site, it's $49.96 right now.

Could you buy it now from TRU for $34.99, tape the receipt to the box - then hang on to it until all the BF ads are leaked and posted here on GottaDeal and see how low its' BF price is? If it's enough lower, then I *think* you could return the TRU one, and buy the cheaper one on BF - I believe this item would fall under TRU's 90-day return policy (you know, w/ receipt and unopened - you could double check w/ your store about the policy with this item to be safe).

Fwiw, I was searching around online to compare prices, and I can't remember which store it was, but I was floored with Fingerhuts $89.99 price for this!

OH! Thought of something, if you do buy this at TRU, check the TRU Toy book you got in the mail, sunday paper, or the one in store - some of them have $10 off $100 or $10 off $75 Coupons - so maybe you could combine the coupon with the purchase of this and a few other toys too.

hth

My 4 and a half year old has asked for one. I couldn't believe the prices of the new ones! Not like when I was little for sure! I convinced her with the JCPenney home sale ad they just had a week ago how much better the cupcake maker would be since it was pink and came with a frosting kit LOL Ended up getting it for $16 with all the discounts!

Thanks for the tips! Ya, I saw that it was $10 more at Walmart and so I figured they would drop it down for bf and it's the only store local to me (within 60 miles) so I'm thinking the TRU is the best deal and if it gets really low on bf I'll return it.

I also always felt it was a "staple" for bf but this is about twice (almost three times!) what the old Easy Bake Oven goes for. I bought one about 5 years ago for a niece for $10 on bf but it was only originally $20.

This is on my shopping list. I'm picking one up for my almost 6 yr old DD. She loves to cook and bake. I'm hoping this will satisfy her desire to bake in the real oven until she is a little bit older.

I will buy it at TRU next week. I can't imagine it going much lower on BF. But if it does, I will consider (TRU is an hr's drive from us) doing the return.

This is on my shopping list. I'm picking one up for my almost 6 yr old DD. She loves to cook and bake. I'm hoping this will satisfy her desire to bake in the real oven until she is a little bit older.

I will buy it at TRU next week. I can't imagine it going much lower on BF. But if it does, I will consider (TRU is an hr's drive from us) doing the return.

That's what I'm thinking too because we are over an hour from anything but Walmart.

My daughter is 5 and is really wanting one also. But we do alot of baking together and I really just don't see the need. She does extremely well around the real oven and loves to help me. I know that there are things that she would play with alot more than this. Our money is tight so I want to make sure what I get her is stuff that she plays with daily..

you'll probably use it less than 10 times before she either gets tired of it or you get tired of spending the money for the food kits. They can be dangerous for young kids as that lightbulb gets HOT! The recommended age is 8 years old. I know you can use normal sized baking mixes - but my kid would have nothing of that. It had to be an Easy Bake kit or she didn't want to make it.

you'll probably use it less than 10 times before she either gets tired of it or you get tired of spending the money for the food kits. They can be dangerous for young kids as that lightbulb gets HOT! The recommended age is 8 years old. I know you can use normal sized baking mixes - but my kid would have nothing of that. It had to be an Easy Bake kit or she didn't want to make it.

correct me if I'm wrong but with the new one, they have done away with the light bulb right?

correct me if I'm wrong but with the new one, they have done away with the light bulb right?

Ya, the new one doesn't have a bulb and that is why the price is higher I"m assuming.

I think we will use it a lot because I had one when I was little and used it all the time. I think the food stuff is over priced but I'd rather get her something we use once a month then a Barbie playset she might plaly with twice (which is how she has done with other the other stuff).

I paid 20.00 for my granddaughters 2 years ago. I had no idea taking out the light bulb would raise them so high. I always buy her jiffy cake mixes or funfetti cake mixes. The easy bake mixes are too high. Same with the Wilton Easy Bake cake decorating tools, We buy regular icing and the rings fit right inside the cans. My son bought her a DQ Blizzard machine last xmas and it made 2 dinky cups of ice cream. I went to town and bought a 2 quart ice cream mix pack for 3.00 and we spent all night and 8 trays of ice making blizzards.

I paid 20.00 for my granddaughters 2 years ago. I had no idea taking out the light bulb would raise them so high. I always buy her jiffy cake mixes or funfetti cake mixes. The easy bake mixes are too high. Same with the Wilton Easy Bake cake decorating tools, We buy regular icing and the rings fit right inside the cans. My son bought her a DQ Blizzard machine last xmas and it made 2 dinky cups of ice cream. I went to town and bought a 2 quart ice cream mix pack for 3.00 and we spent all night and 8 trays of ice making blizzards.

The cheap Jiffy mixes backfired on my mom. She had to buy my sister new clothes when she gained 20 pounds from that oven's goodness!

I got my daughter one of the original style on BF at Target a few years ago. She tried it a couple of times, but hardly ever used it. Got rid of it within 6 months.

Wonder what the new ones use as a heating element, that is also safe for kids? An incadescent light bulb is an extremely inefficient heater (because it makes a lot of light), and not incidentally, a very innefficient light (because it makes quite a bit of heat).