Let's talk wrapping paper

fingerlakesmom

Do you use it or bags? When do you buy it and where? Do you go with a theme?

I use paper more than bags. Save the bags for the odd shaped things. I always buy it after christmas for the next year (Tops, Target, Dollar Tree). Although if I run out I usually go to Dollar Tree if no one else has it on sale cheaper

I sue snowman wrapping paper for anyone who isn't a kid well except my mom she gets santa as she loves santa's

I usually use paper unless it is something that is really hard to wrap. Last year after Christmas I bought a bunch of wrapping paper for this year plus, Walgreens just had a sale for 79 cents a roll so I bought a few more. I've got plenty now! No real theme here- I just try to get a variety of colors.

Joann's is great for end of season buys. I get dozens of plain handle bags and rolls of fancy ribbon at 75% off and use them all year long. For guests at Christmas I use gift bags & tissue paper to save time and back pain, eliminate cleanup, and everyone can carry home their stuff easily. I just tie a bow on the handle. Unfortunately this isn't practical for bulky things... but I'm working on that. My husband gets all his packages wrapped because he's a big baby and pouts if they're not.

I love wrapping paper!! My favorite is red foil with gold bows for our normal tree. Gingerbread theme this year (lakeside collection) for the family room. special paper for that Jolly ol' elf, and gift bags for every present that needs to leave the house. If I use gift bags for my kids, there would never be a secret!!!! I LOVE wrapping paper!!

Guest all2tired

I go to Cherrydale Farms when they have their biannual sales. All the left over things from fundraisers are there and are priced really cheap.

I get the rolls of wrapping paper, mainly Christmas but get others as well. The paper is thick and a decent amount too. It cost $1.50 a roll and some come with matching tissue paper. I'll get a case of them (approx 36 rolls)

So if you haven't guessed yet, I wrap

Wrapping is the funnest part for me! I use both gift bags and paper. Depending on what it is and who it is for. Bows, ribbons, and candy! Yep, decorate those packages with candy canes and other goodies!

Here at the house, the kids each have 2 kinds of paper for their gifts from us, and each have a pattern from Santa! Lot's of variety that way. My husband and I also have 2 kinds of paper each. I love the different colors and patterns on the paper! I buy mine when it goes on clearance after Christmas for the next year as well. Great deals that way!

For gifts to relatives and other people, we try to wrap it in a paper that suits them, and gift bags for those items that are odd shaped etc.

I use mostly wrapping paper that is from Dollar Tree or at our Reny's Department store for a $1. I buy for the grandchildren; Strawberry Shortcake, Pooh Bear, Scooby-Doo, Mickey Mouse and Care Bears. For the adults it could be almost anything ...usually I buy 4 different designs. I use gift bags that are from Dollar Tree also,,,I usually get 2 for a $1.

We use both bags and paper, but paper mostly. Each year we buy more at the clearance sales, and each year we say we aren't doing it this year (looks like we have enough paper on hand to wrap gifts for the entire state!). But it's hard to resist those clearance aisles! :D

Since we mainly go with a "country" Christmas theme, I use plain brown shipping paper. Then use raffia bows and "old-fashioned" gift tags that I found at Target. For a little color I use some red and white "candy cane" paper on a few of the gifts.

I love that look! It sounds like the way Cracker Barrel wraps gifts. They always look so nice.

Personally, I buy whatever I can find on sale that I like. I hate waiting later at the Dollar Tree because it is all picked over and you can only find the ugly stuff. :tongue1:

I used to buy the cartoon themes, but the kids are kind of out of that now.