Lights on Outside of the House...

Gporter34

:banana01: I was at Target this weekend and picked up one of those poles to use to hang lights on the outside of the house. It looks really easy and comes with 50 hooks for the gutters. You can also use this for putting lights in trees. I think it will be easier than a ladder. Has anyone else ever used one of these???:banana01:

I used it this evening to put the lights on the house and it works great! I am very pleased with it, it's worth the money. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is not comfortable with ladders. I am afraid of heights so this was a good thing for me.lol Every year we argued about who was getting on the ladder, not anymore.

Here in Richmond, Va. There's actually a tour of the houses with Christmas lights. It's called the Tacky Light Tour. It's one household trying to out do the other. You fix a thermos of hot chocolate and grap a bag of homemade cookies and hit the road.

Wish it were longer then 11 feet... it wont work for our house as our roof is 30+ feet from the ground and 24 feet from the balcony to the roof..... DH so wants to put lights up too oaround the roof but is unable to for this reason :(

:banana01: This may still work for you. Using a ladder, you could probably reach the higher places on your house with this pole. I'm not sure, but it may work.:banana01:

Wish it were longer then 11 feet... it wont work for our house as our roof is 30+ feet from the ground and 24 feet from the balcony to the roof..... DH so wants to put lights up too oaround the roof but is unable to for this reason :(

We have the same problem Split level house! We wait for DD to come home from college and then DH and DD climb up on the roof and do them! Not me, though, I'm terrified of heights!

I live in an apartment complex townhouse.. there is no outside plug to plug in and i dont want my window open so i just decorate all the windows from the inside. i use clear packaging tape and tape them right to the window. it works excellent. Also remember "glass wax" its a cleaner for glass or metals? its a pink liquid. you put it on windows let it dry then polish off the powder? I use this instead of the spray snow at christmas. it is hard to find. i did get it at walmart about three yrs ago. it dries nice doesnt come off unless rubbed with a cloth. is easier to remove than spray snow and is cleaning your window when you take it off. i use a sponge and swirl the stuff on leaving a big clear oval where i put my animated santa in the picture window. it looks great. the stuff goes on pink but dries white? It looks like clouds.

kathy

have never used one personally but have seen ppl use them and it looked like once you got the hang of it, it would be pretty easy at least easier than going up and down a ladder

Jess? you mean you actually took yours down last year??????

I have used mine to put up all of the lights around the outside of the house and it worked great. The clips that come with it work on gutters, and shingles. It was a welcomed change here. I hate getting on the ladder and hubby and son argue over who's turn it is.lol This solved all of those problems. I just stuck it in the corner so I can use it to take them down after Christmas. As soon as I get finished with everything else in the yard, I will post a pic.