just spoke to my local walmart about BF

shanni

I told them straight out I had the flyer for BF and planned on putting some of the items on layaway now and picking it up on BF. They told me they do allow pickups for layaways on BF and that the register would change the price when I came in for the layaway. :woot2:

Well, you did better than I did.lol When I asked at our WM they got so ticked at me and told me it was too early to be asking about BF. I had to talk to the manager about it. Now I know that there are several threads here about BF items at WM and that some of the "special items" are already in the stores and ringing up at BF prices. I will probably check it out. Less I have to worry about then and our layaway line is way too long on BF.lol

Well, you did better than I did.lol When I asked at our WM they got so ticked at me and told me it was too early to be asking about BF. I had to talk to the manager about it. Now I know that there are several threads here about BF items at WM and that some of the "special items" are already in the stores and ringing up at BF prices. I will probably check it out. Less I have to worry about then and our layaway line is way too long on BF.lol

You people are gonna make me do it aren't you? You are gonna make me HAVE to drive the hour to see if any of the stuff I want is out. Well I know the dvd/vcrs are because I saw them but other than that I guess I am gonna have to go take a look. Maybe I should wait another week?

You people are gonna make me do it aren't you? You are gonna make me HAVE to drive the hour to see if any of the stuff I want is out. Well I know the dvd/vcrs are because I saw them but other than that I guess I am gonna have to go take a look. Maybe I should wait another week?

:banana01: Actually it's a little bit of a let down for me that some of the items are available now. It takes a little of the thrill out of having to try and get them on BF!lol But, if I run across any of them, I'll get them now.:D

You put all the things in your cart you want and go to the layaway counter in the store. They ring everything up and box it up and hold it for you for a set amount of time. You only have to put 10% down on purchase. I put my layaway on today, it came to 85.77, so I had to give them 8.58 to hold my items.

I have to pick them up by 12/14.

No clearance items are allowed on layaway though.

My sister called her walmart and they said NO. They will not price match if you put layaway in now and get it out on BF. So please check with her local Walmart and get a manager's name if they say fine. She talked to the store manager so I guess she will travel to my Walmart as they said yes.

From what I've dealt with in the past, I'd get a signed statement. Now, I know it sounds silly BUT I've had employees change the rules on me during the same store visit. Also, some employees believe one thing, while others believe another. Managers even change their minds day to day sometimes.

Guest all2tired

Can someone explain layaway to me? Is it like credit? I have never used it.

You get the items you want then bring it to the lay away counter usually in the back of the store. Pay 10% of the total cost of your items and the store will hold those items for you for a set amount of time. When you pick up, you pay the balance