What's the dumbest thing you've ever done (or seen someone else do) on Black Friday?

MarkRaby

Every year during Black Friday, I eventually think back to a couple years ago when I was at Best Buy, in their 2-hour-long line, and I noticed a couple about 10 spots ahead of me in the line who had nothing but a Gamecube. The Gamecube was not on sale. I overheard them talking to each other and the guy said it was a good deal because of a bonus disc that was included (which was actually included with all GCs, regardless of where you bought it). The kicker is that the Wal-Mart right next door was selling Gamecubes for something like $10 off. I really felt bad for them.

-Mark-

I remember years ago when "Tickle Me Elmo" came out there were crowds everywhere looking for them. While I was in Kmart, a customer asked for one that was on the top shelf, the sales person told her she needed the ladder and went to go get it, the customer said that she couldn't wait. YES, she climbed up the shelves to get the "Tickle Me Elmo" and feel and broke her leg.

Ok, dont' know if I should tell this one on myself, but what the heck!!

Last year I really wanted to get the Fit n Fun Care Bear for my DD. They had it on sale at KMart for $16.99 and I think it was regularly like $24.99. Well we weren't planning on going to Kmart so I just was gonna carry the Kmart ad and have Wal-Mart PM it. Well, we went to TRU, CC, and the mall first. By the time we got to Wal-Mart it was like 10 min. till 11 o'clock. So I knew I had to hurry. Well my cousin got out of the car with me and we were running to get it and get in line in time . Well, I had worn some jeans that were big on me so that I would be comforatable. They didn't give me trouble earlier but when I was running they did. They were falling down, not far, but enough to show the top of my undies (and I had on a thong). But with Care Bear in hand it was hard to keep them up. And everyone was looking at us like we were stupid b/c we were literally sprinting. Well, to make it UNWORTH it, I got to the line with like 3 min left to go and was looking over the Kmart ad in my hand when I noticed (just as I got to the register) that I had read it wrong. The sale was for ALL DAY!!! So, I had made a fool out of myself for nothing.

:insane:

Not that stupid I know, but it's the best I got!! :tongue1:

Ok, dont' know if I should tell this one on myself, but what the heck!!

Last year I really wanted to get the Fit n Fun Care Bear for my DD. They had it on sale at KMart for $16.99 and I think it was regularly like $24.99. Well we weren't planning on going to Kmart so I just was gonna carry the Kmart ad and have Wal-Mart PM it. Well, we went to TRU, CC, and the mall first. By the time we got to Wal-Mart it was like 10 min. till 11 o'clock. So I knew I had to hurry. Well my cousin got out of the car with me and we were running to get it and get in line in time . Well, I had worn some jeans that were big on me so that I would be comforatable. They didn't give me trouble earlier but when I was running they did. They were falling down, not far, but enough to show the top of my undies (and I had on a thong). But with Care Bear in hand it was hard to keep them up. And everyone was looking at us like we were stupid b/c we were literally sprinting. Well, to make it UNWORTH it, I got to the line with like 3 min left to go and was looking over the Kmart ad in my hand when I noticed (just as I got to the register) that I had read it wrong. The sale was for ALL DAY!!! So, I had made a fool out of myself for nothing.

:insane:

Not that stupid I know, but it's the best I got!! :tongue1:

LOL. What a fun story :spit:

-Mark-

I remember years ago when "Tickle Me Elmo" came out there were crowds everywhere looking for them. While I was in Kmart, a customer asked for one that was on the top shelf, the sales person told her she needed the ladder and went to go get it, the customer said that she couldn't wait. YES, she climbed up the shelves to get the "Tickle Me Elmo" and feel and broke her leg.

She needed one of these:

http://www.acessinc.com/cart/images/AA000001series.jpg

I went to a K-Mart BF with 3 co-workers years ago. The place was packed, we agreed to split up and meet for lunch at a near by restaurant. I went out a different door than the one I entered, I went out to take my packages to the car (it was my car) and thought I knew where the car was parked (was I wrong) I kept looking and looking,,,finally went to the restaurant and told my friends that I thought someone stole my car. We went outside and they started walking back to the parking lot and sure enough it was there. I was so embarrassed....I had gone to the back parking lot and NOT to the front. If I had thought about it I would of known. One of the women I am still friends with and see her once in awhile and she never seems to give up on laughing about that day.

A fews year ago my daughter and I were at Best Buy. We had found most of the things we wanted and had gotten in line. About 20 minutes later we found out the line we were in went no where. how it got started I'll never know but my daughter and I always remind each other to be sure we are in a line that goes somewhere

Oh you just reminded me of the funniest thing ever. Hubby and I went shopping on BF w/ our daughter who was then almost 1 year old. We were pretty far back in line and then needed a cart so I ran on ahead while hubby got the cart. We wanted a vcr that was on sale that year for cheap. Well turns out Kmart had them up high on a riser. Someone had climbed up to hand them down to people. Well I got one of the last ones and was standing there waiting for hubby to come when I hear this guy up on the riser say...hey I didn't get mine. The guy had handed em all out and not kept one for himself...lol.

A post above made me remember - when I working BF, a lady was mad that we didn't have ladders out for HER to get the items. I had to call an employee to climb up for the item she wanted. I couldn't do it as I supervised the registers. Anyway, she took the ladder out (I didn't see her doing this of course) and she climbed up. She fell coming back down and then passed out. So in the middle of BF, we have paramedics blocking part of the store with her on the stretcher and she was mad that she didn't get the item (apparently another customer grabbed it once the lady fell and dropped it - wow).

I never found out what this item was, but I was curious (something in the toy aisle), lol. She was carted off to the hospital for suspected heart attack but it turns out she just knocked the wind out of herself.