What time do you open presents on Christmas morning?

MarkRaby

What time do you open presents on Christmas morning?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you open presents on Christmas morning?

• Before 5:00 AM -- early risers and "late-night" fanatics
    • 5:00 AM - 6:59 AM -- just before the sun rises
    • 7:00 AM - 8:59 AM -- a little early, but nothing extreme
    • 9:00 AM - 10:59 AM -- why wake up early?
    • After 11 AM -- big sleepers and churchgoers

During vacations and holidays, I usually stay up until 1 AM or so, so I'd be content to get my full sleep and not open presents until 10 or 11. But my younger sister, who goes to sleep much earlier, always insists that we open gifts at about 5 AM, so I either usually get very little sleep or no sleep at all. How about you?

-Mark-

Guest all2tired
If the kids wake up at 5 am and try waking us up, they are told to go back to sleep until at least 7. If they don't and keep trying to wake us up, they can't go downstairs until 8 and we make them eat breakfast first. So they learned to let us sleep so they can open them earlier.

Whenever all of the kids are up and we can drag our old bodies out of the bed. We are usually up until 3 or 4 wrapping presents the night before, but they don't know that. So we are usually going on 3 or 4 hours of sleep that day. And they we get to see those hours of work wrapping those presents shreaded in minutes.

My brother and I used to wake up at the crack of dawn on Christmas morning. We weren't allowed to open anything but our stockings till Mom and Dad were up, which was usually 30 min to an hour later. Now that's it's just my wife and I, we open gifts whenever we wake. We need kids soon!

We usually get up between 7-8 to open presents. And of course we have to put on the coffee first and I have to get looking halfway presentable (not like I just woke up from a hangover). Just b/c pf pics and stuff. The first x-mas I looked (in the pics) like I had woken up from a hangover!! lol

:coffeetim

We usually get up between 7-8 to open presents. And of course we have to put on the coffee first and I have to get looking halfway presentable (not like I just woke up from a hangover). Just b/c pf pics and stuff. The first x-mas I looked (in the pics) like I had woken up from a hangover!! lol

:coffeetim

i don't do pic,s, lol

They don't turn out so well :coffeetim:wife::coffeetim :coffeetim

Pretty much as soon as the kids wake up, but I ban them from getting out of bed before 7 am. I've actually been known to set their clock back, so that they think it's 7 am when it's really 8, just to buy myself that one extra hour. ;)

Gee! to bad I didn't think of that when my kids were younger. Mine use to be up around 5am begging up to get up.

Now we just get up around 7am and have a Christmas breakfast then wait for whoever is coming over then open presents around 9-10am.

When I was younger, I was up around 6:30.

Now, I'm usually up around 7:30 - 8:00. This comes after watching my "A Christmas Story" marathon. My little brother (who was nothing like me when he was little) will sleep until noon.

I still get up early for the excitement of the big day, even though I'm older. And it's up to me to wake everyone else up. Now, I like to watch my family unwrap the gifts I buy for them.