holiday centerpiece suggestions

copados1993

My cheapest one I have ever done was to use a larger candle (any color.. I used a 3 wick one last year I got a the dollar store), wrap leftover garland around it, and added some ornaments to it.

Other ones have just been to use a clear vase and put ornaments in it.

I hope this helps, I know they aren't truly original, but I hate spending a ton of money on centerpieces.

leah

I can't put anything on the table... my cats would think it's either a new bed or something else to play with! LOL I've tried and one year all I heard was the bulbs rolling on the floor during the night. I'm just happy I didn't use glass ones they were plastic!

...I always have generic gifts ready for anyone who gives us one unexpectedly....I wrap these and place them in a basket...they work great plus they are pretty because I use sparkly foils and such for paper....(I always make sure they are gifts I can then give at other times of the year or thing I want myself...that way it isn't $ wasted if I don't give away all of them!) :g_thumbri

Since I decorate every room in the house for Christmas, I use gingerbread people and cany ornaments in the kitchen. I bought two of the candle holders at WM last year after the holidays. They are white and look as though they have candy canes in them. I will use them and some really great greenery with "ice" on it that I got at Hobby Lobby yesterday for $1.00 each. With some red shiny ornament balls, I will be finished with the centerpiece. I also got some beautiful red chargers for the table for $1.00 each. They will look great with the centerpiece. I watch Martha everyday. She has some really neat ideas and alot of them are very simple.

Get a large clear bowl or basket and put in it:

One string of battery operated lights, either white or colored

some odd and end pieces of fake pine

Glass balls of your choice of colors

drape the lights amongst the balls

Its really pretty when done and most of the stuff you have onhand except maybe the lights which are cheap and even cheaper if you go to Joann or Michaels and use one of their 40% off coupons! Probably you could do this whole thing for under 5.00

Since I decorate every room in the house for Christmas, I use gingerbread people and cany ornaments in the kitchen. I bought two of the candle holders at WM last year after the holidays. They are white and look as though they have candy canes in them. I will use them and some really great greenery with "ice" on it that I got at Hobby Lobby yesterday for $1.00 each. With some red shiny ornament balls, I will be finished with the centerpiece. I also got some beautiful red chargers for the table for $1.00 each. They will look great with the centerpiece. I watch Martha everyday. She has some really neat ideas and alot of them are very simple.

This sounds really nice!Thanks to everyone for such GREAT ideas!!!:banana01:

I found a great idea in the Crate and Barrel catalog (also seen them at Z Gallerie) this year that I am going to try and make cheaper than I can buy. The only thing is, these are pretty contemporary/modern style, so if you are more traditional or country, I dont think they would work in your house. Anyway, get 3 (or however many you want) cone shaped stryofoam peices, some glue and a large bucket of red glitter. Spread the glue all over the sytrofoam peices and slater them with red glitter and voila....contemporary christmas tree decor. I am trying to wait out to see if I can get a deal on really tiny beads as they used on the ones for sale at Crate and Barrel, but if you are on a budget, glitter would work just as well too. Arrange the trees in the middle of the table with some pine garland or pine branches, a few little ornaments or candles and you have a nice centerpeice.

Get a large clear bowl or basket and put in it:

One string of battery operated lights, either white or colored

some odd and end pieces of fake pine

Glass balls of your choice of colors

drape the lights amongst the balls

Its really pretty when done and most of the stuff you have onhand except maybe the lights which are cheap and even cheaper if you go to Joann or Michaels and use one of their 40% off coupons! Probably you could do this whole thing for under 5.00

This is also good to use christmas Popourii and it will make the house smell good to as the lights heat up the Popourii