Free after rebate.

crix101

I was looking at the Ace hardware ad and there are alot of free after rebate items that I know my husband would like. I can get 104 dollars worth of stuff for 18. I have never done a rebate and was wondering if you all have had any luck with it and how long it usually takes to get your money back?

I've never waited longer than 8 weeks to get a rebate, and the 8 weeks was on a cell phone rebate and they state that it will be approx. 8 weeks.

I do the rebates all the time. I don't have a lot of extra money but if I have the money to shop with now I think of it as a bonus later when I get the rebate money back.

I am very sceptical about the Staples rebate. I never got back $50 from them. I had two rebates of $50 each. I got one but didn't get the other eventhough I sent both out on the same day. I had even called them up and spoken to the people at rebate handling service. They confirmed that they would send the other $50 in 4-8 week. But it never came. Now I have given up hope.

Staples is the worst for rebates. I purchased some CD-R's one year that were suppose to be free after rebate. I think that the store had the wrong items on the pallets or something. I fought and fought witih Staples and never did get my rebates-I will not purchase anything there again.

Ace is the best place for rebates. I would spend $1000 on stuff if I needed it, and it was free. I sent one in last year, and got it in less than 3 weeks. I sent one in this summer and got it in 2 weeks no kidding. I get paid faster through them than my employer lol. Go for it.

Staples is the worst for rebates. I purchased some CD-R's one year that were suppose to be free after rebate. I think that the store had the wrong items on the pallets or something. I fought and fought witih Staples and never did get my rebates-I will not purchase anything there again.

Ugh, Staples is one of the BEST for rebates. They have their "Easy Rebates" and for most non-software items all you do is register the rebate online and you do not have to mail ANYTHING. I am not sure who you fought with at Staples but clearly the fault was with your store and the manager there should have taken care of you (assuming it was not your fault). And to be honest, you never should have left the store without the rebate forms that should have printed at the register.

It's admirable to hold a grudge like that but you are clearly harming yourself by doing so with Staples.

Remember, BF rebates usually takes longer due to the volume.

Last BF my best buy rebate came after 3 months, Office depot after 2 1/2 months.

That is typical for OD. Not sure about Best Buy, and you did not mention if it was a BB rebate or manufacturer. I don't think there is that much of an added delay, if any, due to BF volume.

Wow! at that speed you certainly cant spend unless you just have the extra! I was hoping that it would be more like 6-8 weeks, not 12-16. Oh well, thanks !

If you cannot afford to wait a few months for your money, then you should avoid most rebates. Staples is probably the best since you register it online and typically get it back in about a month. Symantec is also very fast. The fact is that most rebates take around 2 months, plus or minus a month.

Make sure you look closely at the ad b/c it says limit one rebate per store. They may only allow one freebie.;)

That's unusual, but what Circuit City HAS been doing is putting multiple items on the same form and then limiting you to one item, period. This is a fairly recent change, so if they have the same sort of deals on toys that they have had in the past, it will cut down dramatically on the deals that can be gotten. And making it worse, they do not even tell you this on the shelf tag. You need to check the rebate form once you've gotten it. It will just show one item on the form.

Sadly, CC doesn't care what customers think about this. :mad: :mad:

And make sure you make copies of everything! I almost didn't get a $200 rebate from Best Buy. Best Buy claimed they never received my rebate form. I printing off my copy, resubmitted it and got my money 6 weeks later.

Well, that is just common sense to make copies, if for no other reason than so you know who to call if there are problems. However, the fact is that actually losing a submission is far rarer than just rejecting it for some bogus reason.

BTW I just scan all my rebates and keep them online.

Ugh, Staples is one of the BEST for rebates. They have their "Easy Rebates" and for most non-software items all you do is register the rebate online and you do not have to mail ANYTHING. I am not sure who you fought with at Staples but clearly the fault was with your store and the manager there should have taken care of you (assuming it was not your fault). And to be honest, you never should have left the store without the rebate forms that should have printed at the register.

It's admirable to hold a grudge like that but you are clearly harming yourself by doing so with Staples.

I agree. I've had nothing but good experiences using Staples rebates. I love that you only have to fill out some stuff online, and you don't have to mail anything! I think the worst place for rebates is Office Max. I couldn't believe what kind of hoops I had to jump through to get my money back from them.

I take pictures of what I submitt, and if there are any questions, I email whomever the pictures and it gets solved. I will not submitt by mail more than once. I will either fax or email the second time, and I will insist, with good success the rebate be expedited the second time and I get it within 2 weeks. I only have to do this one out of 10 or 20 times though.