treasure60

Where Do You Have Christmas?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Where Do You Have Christmas?

• Home
    • With relatives in state
    • With relatives out of state
    • Other

This is our first Christmas as a married couple... I have no idea! Jenni's dad will be in Maui, her mom wants to go skiing in Utah, my parents will be home in NJ. I don't want to use up a bunch of vacation days so early in the year (our new year starts the day after Christmas).

We have Christmas Eve at TJ's grandparents (set 1), early Christmas morning at home together, Christmas Brunch at TJ's other grandparents (set 2), Christmas Dinner with TJ's parents, day after Christmas morning at my parents home, and day after Christmas evening at my grandparents. It's so hectic.....

We usually go to my moms for Christmas Eve. Then we have Christmas at our house in the morning. Then go to my grandmothers around 1 or 2 (I am one of the older of her grandchildren, the youngest is 3). Thats about 30 people there. Then we make it to my MILs around 7 on Christmas Day. So our schedule is pretty full!

:gd_orange

It varies from year to year. Sometimes we go up to VA to spend it with Chris' parents, and other times we stay down here and open presents and then go 45min. North to St. Mary's GA to have Christmas lunch/dinner with Chris' aunt and her family and Chris' brother (and Chris' Mom and Dad if they come down if no-one is going up.)

This year Mom and Dad are coming down for Chrstmas so we will be staying home or going to Aunts house.

I will spend christmas eve anywhere but Christmas day I have to be home. I love doing the traditional christmas thing. Hispanics are use to celebrating christmas eve with the big dinner and than at 12:00 we open gifts but not me I wait till Christmas morning.

We have Christmas at home with friends a few days before Christmas. My mom and brothers and sister come to that. Then Christmas eve we have our gift opening. Christmas morning is Santa gifts then we head off to FILs house. A few days after Christmas we go to DHs Grandmas house for Christmas with that side of the family. I do no like my extended family much so we do not see them. I usually spend Thanksgiving with them before heading off to work.

My family lives locally and my DH's family lives in Vegas. We go out there every summer for a month and every other Christmas. We were suppoised to go this year, but his family is coming to Vas next year so we are staying home and spending it with my family. We open presents with our kids in the morning then see my parents later in the morning for the kids to open presents etc...:woot2:

Guest all2tired

Normally we go to my brother's on Christmas eve and we all give the neices and nephews their gifts. Christmas day we stay home. The kids would rather play with their new toys than have to go visit everybody.

This year, we will be staying home on Christmas eve and I'll have my father deliver the gifts for the neices and nephews.