Amazon on Black Friday

bfaddict1977

This will be the first year I am shopping amazon.com on bf as I apparently have accumulated gc's and I'm saving them for bf. I have $20 so far and hope to have another 20 or so by then???? So maybe $40 to get a small toy or something for one of my kids. What's the best strategy for shopping amazon.com on bf? IS there a certain time or anything that's better or do the deals run all day?

I purchased the majority of my things on Amazon last year. I found I didn't have to wait until bf, they did a lot of pricematching early. I had everything I wanted to purchase added to my cart and waited for the price change notification. I then purchased my items. I got the Nintendo ds in green that was a limited edition for the same price everyone else was selling it for. I am a prime member so my items actually arrived on bf. I plan on shopping on Amazon again this year!

Most of the stuff I got from Amazon were Gold Box deals(limit1 per acct) or other timed specials so I spent a long time in front of the pc. IDmom's idea is a good one, maybe put into save for later section and just bumb up once price changes? I'm not sure if you have PRIME for free shipping but it sure helps this time of year to avoid costs or have to meet the $25 minimum. There was a thread for people wanting to split costs here, you can post to see if any slots available if you need/want.

If you want the goldbox deal you need to add to cart from goldbox page AND make sure to check out in allowed timeframe(15minutes) else you'll have to contact amazon for them to specially put it through as usually shows as processed from their page. If you sign up for email alerts you'll be notified closer to the date of upcoming sales and can bookmark new sites or we'll post on here, last year they had dvd's/blurays.

Edited by tinkrbel

Last year they had sales all week of Thanksgiving. I bought most of my stuff in gold box, or lightning deals. They matched alot of the really good BF sales (B&M stores deals) during the lightning deals. Some of the lightning deals showed a picture of what was going to be on sale or just gave you hints and did not say what the price was going to be, it just dropped during the time slot. The really good deals sold out within minutes, so you have to keep a close eye a good ways ahead so you know what is coming up to be ready. I spent most of that week on my computer.....

In early December, Amazon tends to have some fantastic discounting on toys, much more so than bf. I don't know if you can find some of the threads from previous years (hot deals online category), but some examples: Eyeclops mini projector (2009, paid about $ 30), Girl Gourmet Cake Decorating Set (2009, paid about $20, it later dropped to $15), Dora and Diego trikes (2007, paid $10 each, normally about $25). Might be worth hanging on to the Amazon gc's.

Good ideas. How do you get notification of price changes? When I have items in my cart, I usually don't know about the price change until I go on the site.

I check my cart every morning when I check my email to see what prices have changed. It may sound a little crazy, but it only takes a few seconds and I have saved a lot of money. I also agree with Kim, I bought a lot of lightening deals, but that was only when I was on the computer seeking out the items. I love amazon!

As a previous poster mentioned, there are great toy sales on Amazon AFTER black friday. People will start a thread in the online deals section and you will see tons of deals listed. YOu might get more bang for your buck by purchasing then. Unless there is a specific toy your child wants that is on sale for Black Friday week. I agree with the others that being a prime member is a plus for these Amazon sales.

I can't agree more about the toy sale after BF. I got a Melissa and Doug art easel with paper, paint, paint cups and paint brushes for $40 2 weeks before Christmas. Thank goodness I had Amazon Mom at the time - free 2 day shipping :)

I wouldn't put too much stock in Amazon Mom/Prime as UPS can fail, one year I had to give a gift recipient a card with a picture of what they would get since package got lost in the mail. Of course had it been a kid that would have been totally unacceptable, but I think my order was placed weekend before Christmas too as I'd forgotten about the person so fail on my part mostly :P

how do you price match on amazon? do they do this all the time or just during black friday? thanks :-) getting soooo excited!!!

I don't believe you can price match on Amazon the way you can in store. From my experience, Amazon "self price-matches"; when I have seen things on sale in store ads, Amazon has usually already dropped their price on the same item to meet or beat the advertised price from the other store.

I don't believe you can price match on Amazon the way you can in store. From my experience, Amazon "self price-matches"; when I have seen things on sale in store ads, Amazon has usually already dropped their price on the same item to meet or beat the advertised price from the other store.

Halfway down the product information page under PRODUCT DETAILS there is a link that says "tell us about a lower price". If you click that link you can tell them about the lower price and what store has it. This comes in handy for those that do not have to pay sales tax from Amazon which makes it cheaper to purchase. HTH

DH and I did a lot of Amazon shopping from our smartphones while waiting in line. We actually overslept this year and ended up waiting in longer lines than we thought we would. We really used our phones a lot - ordering online, checking lists from our families, using different store's apps. It was actually kind of awesome!

The toolbar is ONLY for Firefox. I wonder what is their reason for not allow on IE ?!!

That toolbar sure makes things interesting. It let's you know the next gold box deal&price 10 minutes before it comes up online. The next deal item is currently on sale for 44.99 and will be reduced to 39.99 for their AMAZING gold box deal :P I remember last year they had gold box items that were regular price or just pennies lower, it pays to comparison shop or know what you're willing to pay for Amazon.

• 3 weeks later...
I am looking to get a new camera with my free amazon gift cards I have saved up all year for. Is there a way to be notified if this camera the Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55mm IS II Lens and EOS HD Movie Mode (Black) will go on sale? I would like to get it bascally free then from amazon but I know some other stores sell it cheaper. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!:gdclap:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping amazon beats all the store prices! going to the stores and fighting people is over rated!

I couldn't agree more. I've never gotten into a fight for me it's just the hassle of crowds of people when the concept of decency goes out the window. I did give some woman at Target a hassle last year but nothing loud or physical. I just made sure SHE and the store associate in charge of the line knew that she was supposed to be behind me.