Since Walmart is starting their sale earlier this year...

Angelseyes28

Well I hope target doesn't open earlier then 7 cause I want to go to WM and target is like an hour 30 mins from WM here.So if I can get out of WM by 6:30 I will be happy. Hoping for being out of there by 6. Depends on the lines.

I'm not new to BF shopping (this will be my 23rd year! And I'm only 22!), but I am new to BF shopping at WalMart. So, this is probably a dumb question, but I can't find the answer anywhere. If you go to a 24 hour wal-mart, do you just have to wait inside until 5am or how does that work?

I'm not new to BF shopping (this will be my 23rd year! And I'm only 22!), but I am new to BF shopping at WalMart. So, this is probably a dumb question, but I can't find the answer anywhere. If you go to a 24 hour wal-mart, do you just have to wait inside until 5am or how does that work?

At the walmarts I go to, you can go inside and wait but most everything that is on sale is on pallets wrapped in plastic. The plastic isn't cut off until the sale starts. What I generally do is get there early with my ads and go around the store and get what I am price matching from other stores, then I go wait at the pallets until the sale starts. Hope that helps some:)

Forgot to add, welcome to GottaDeal:)

Yes, in reading how far people have to travel Im guess I am. Kohls and Office Max are even closer to me. My only thing is this 5am opening of all the stores. LOL. Target is the only one to open later which helps a bit. Thats why Im really hoping their ad is great this year so I have time to shop there

Im glad Walmart is opening earlier--will give me the time I need to run in--grab what I need and still make the airport on time to hit Disney!~!!

Can employees (like way up there people) get access to these items sooner and put them on hold?

I have a friend that is a cashier at Walmart and they don't even tell them what's going on sale until minutes before.

Im glad Walmart is opening earlier--will give me the time I need to run in--grab what I need and still make the airport on time to hit Disney!~!!

Can employees (like way up there people) get access to these items sooner and put them on hold?

When I worked there, any employee could stake out what they wanted before they opened the doors. -or throw it on layaway..

I'm staying clear of Walmart this year. I had my fill of that store 2 years ago getting stuck in the middle of those cheap DVD players. Thought I was never gonna get out. I will head to Target & Shopko instead.

OMG that's exactly what I was thinking. That was the weirdest Walmart experience I EVER had! Eventhough, I did get 2 DVD players, that was the MEANEST group of shoppers I have ever seen in my life!!!:mad::(:cry2:

I think every walmart is different..because the one I worked at..no one was allowed to hold items...not to say it didnt happen occassionally..I am sure it did. But I do know that all the ones in my county and the next county say that is a huge no no..and no one I know was allowed to hold anything back anytime of the year...regardless.