URGGGGGGGGGGG Ive got to vent about E-bay

Illinoismom

:rant: I am an avid e-bayer I buy and sell al the time, In the past week Ive bought over 800.00 in items, I love getting bargins on PS2 games new and sealed, On sunday night I won three auctions from the same guy, I sent a money order within his guidlines, and e-mailed him when they were sent which was friday, So I won three auctions about 11:00pm and midnight Sunday and sent the money orders Friday morning at 11:00am. He sent me a reminder on Saturday after I had e-mailed him Friday and again I told him I sent the payment, Today I get on line to post feedback on the items I am starting to get and I have three payment alerts for nonpayment. So I answer two and check my e-mail and there is an e-mail from him thanking me for my payment, so I copied and pasted that to the last alert, It just makes me so made because I kept him informed and paid him, I am so not a deadbeat bidder So thanks I feel better but URGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg

Guest DigDoug
I hate Ebay. I don't know how you do it. I hate buying there.... I hate selling there. Ebay's fees suck. Sellers suck. Buyers suck. I would never buy anything of value there.

I hate Ebay. I don't know how you do it. I hate buying there.... I hate selling there. Ebay's fees suck. Sellers suck. Buyers suck. I would never buy anything of value there.

:gd_pirate WOW! Dig Doug is it really fair to say everybody sucks? Sounds like you had a bad experience....we all do. I think the initial vent was a bit over the top, as I've had worse experiences with eBay but I don't say all sellers and buyers suck. I've had some great experiences as well. It's all a part of life and taking the bitter with the sweet. Let it go and move on.:gd_pineap

I don't hink every one sucks either just couldnt figure out the rush to send me to dispute when I had told him I sent the payment two times, I just know that as a game seller I will not buy from him and move on, it just frustrated me Cause I take pride in my feed back both selling and buying

Guest DigDoug

:gd_pirate WOW! Dig Doug is it really fair to say everybody sucks? Sounds like you had a bad experience....we all do. I think the initial vent was a bit over the top, as I've had worse experiences with eBay but I don't say all sellers and buyers suck. I've had some great experiences as well. It's all a part of life and taking the bitter with the sweet. Let it go and move on.:gd_pineap

LOL - I hate Ebay. It's nothing personal about anyone that uses the site. I just hate it. I can be an opinionated person and that is my opinion. I have let it go and have moved on. :)

I have been on there as a buyer only for over a yr now...Ihad one bad experience and now she is not even on there anymore...lol...not because of me though...lol...I love going on there and looking..I wish there was a place for everybody to put there ebay id on here then we can look and see what all are selling...lol

Did you wait 5 days to pay? If the auction ended Sunday night and you mailed the payment on Friday, he may not have gotten for a few more days. You have to admit waiting 5 days to send a payment is bit long.

I hate ebay fees and now they own paypal. I got ripped off for $50 and paypal decided I was in the right but it didn't matter, they could not withdraw the funds from a verified account- no $ in there. So much for buyer protection. But overall (some selling & more buying) I have had mostly good experiences.

I have had great e bay purchases. But be careful with pay pal. I had money taken out of my account from a internet source and the only company that had this account was paypal and it would have cost a small fortune. I filed fruad papers at my bank and they reserched it and they covered everything now I no longer use pay pal or ebay.

Did you wait 5 days to pay? If the auction ended Sunday night and you mailed the payment on Friday, he may not have gotten for a few more days. You have to admit waiting 5 days to send a payment is bit long.

I hate ebay fees and now they own paypal. I got ripped off for $50 and paypal decided I was in the right but it didn't matter, they could not withdraw the funds from a verified account- no $ in there. So much for buyer protection. But overall (some selling & more buying) I have had mostly good experiences.

I buy and sell and I keep him informed of all that was going on, It stated payment must be recieved with in 7 days and it was. If he would have answerd my e-mails he would have know, So he got the payment sent me an e-mail stating he got payment the e-mail was sent today, and the alerts were sent today. I myself give people lead way with the mail, as long as there is communication and trust me I was communicating

i feel your pain... but i would never buy on ebay with a money order...

the only way, is to use paypal, BUT pay with your CC that is backed on your paypal account... leave zero$ ballance in your paypal and pay using paypal. So if anything goes wrong you can get 100% refund from your cc company. Ebay/PayPal will only give you up to 175.00 refund if you get ripped off.

i have been an ebay member since 97 (521 feedback) and got burned for the first time last month.... ebay could careless, but paypal has been helpful in trying to get our money back.

Guest Frieked

I agree, selling stuff there is way too much of a hassle for me... I don't mind buying stuff from ebay but I won't buy from anyone with less than about 500 feedback and it's gotta be near 100% positive.

The one time I made a mistake and forgot to check the sellers feedback was a remote I got a couple months ago. The guy sent me a dud, I lucked out though and he sent me a replacement free of charge.

I've been on ebay for a while now, and have had great experiences both buying and selling.

I have only had one negative buying experience... for a GameCube... turns out the seller only sent me a link to one of those "complete the offer for a free _____" things, which is not what I paid for. Needless to say, he/she took the money and ran, as I never got a cent of it back. Went through eBay/PayPal's dispute, and it did nothing.

I've only had one negative experience with a buyer as well, who claimed never to have received the item that I know was shipped out.

Just exercise caution, try to stay in contact with the buyer/seller if you think something is fishy, etc.

How come you didn't just use Paypal? It's easier and gets there instantly.

I do normally use Paypal, But I keep the Christmas money seperate from the Household money and Paypal comes out of my checking account, and it was easier this time I thought to pay with a money order, I have since gone back to his auctions and there is no must pay by statement in writting and his feed back even thought he is a power seller is not good, He is very slow in shipping and very fast to report to e-bay, I didnt look at his feed back before I bought my mistake one that I wont repeat again. So I can just hope the three games I ordered find their way to my house before Santa comes. But I will look for replacements just in case

I got pissy today. I bought a video game (GBA) from a seller. Yes, she shipped it quickly, but I paid $3.85 priority for it. It arrived today in a small jewelry sized box. .60 shipping / first class

I know how you feel on this. What the seller is doing is making you pay the fees they incur for selling on eBay by inflating the shipping. I used to work for USPS and NEVER used upgraded mailing services on eBay if I had the option of first class. First class mail travels at the same time Priority travels. The only difference is if you have a tracked piece of mail, i.e. delivery confirmation, express, registered, etc., then they are bagged in high profile bags where there are fewer pieces than regular first class and get processed faster, but the difference is sometimes a day at most.:gd_dj:

I've got some great deals on sports tickets.... You know some make $$ from the s/h charges.. The bottom line is read the description and you make the choice to buy. "Its a cruel world out there" Don't worry, what goes around... you know the rest. PS. Not everyone checks thier email daily, as well you noted "payment must be recieved with in 7 days" "sent the money orders Friday morning at 11:00am" If you sent payment express he might get it Sat. otherwise Mon. would be the earliest. It is close. I'm glad this seller does not have his finger on that button in Washinton. Or maybe he does... Dunt-Dunt-Dunt-Dunnnnnn ;-)

I just got something yesterday that I paid $5.12 for shipping but it only cost the seller$3.85 but I knew the shipping when I bid. The thing that bothered me is I chose to pay for insurance but there is nothing on the package indicating that it was insured.

I used to buy on e-bay but again, I think the shipping charges are way out of line. Sometimes the shipping is as much as the item so I don't go to the site much anymore unless its something really unusual and I'm willing to pay the high shipping costs for it.