Presents For The Pets?

elena_398

My husband thinks Im nuts, but I include the dog in my christmas shopping. Does anyone else buy gifts for their pets? My dog, Abby, is a yellow lab. She has had a Christmas stocking since she was a puppy (she is now 4yrs old). she also gets one present. Yes, we wrap it and my youngest sits with her and she unwraps it. Tell me others do this. Or at least buy presents for them. My husband just rolls his eyes when I come home from Petsmart or Pets Supplies Plus during the Holiday Season as he knows its yet another present.

Of course our cat gets 3 or 4 presents. :yup: He is part of the family too. We always have to get a box of catnip. We wrap it and put it under the tree and he can always tell which one is his. Once he manages to get it out from under the tree he will roll around with it in the living room trying to get it open. The kids think this is so funny. :lolrun:

Yes, little Lucy gets a stocking and presents. She will also get a birthday party on her birthday. She just got some pink Little Lily boots. She has a pink hoodie, a jacket, and a pink polka dotted dress. She loves wearing clothes because she is cold alot. She is a mini daschund. I made her a sleeping bag with her name on it when we got her because daschunds like to burrow under covers. Hubby and kids are just as bad if not worse than me about her, everyone treats her like a baby. We have three other dogs and a cat and they get presents, too. They are part of our family and we treat them that way.lol

If people think you are crazy then I must be really looney! :trampolin I buy my 2 dogs almost as much stuff as I buy my daughter! LOL So far they have a large box of christmas cookies and a few toys and bones, but I still have on the list to get them a new bed, and a few more bones. We take turns with helping them open gifts, just like everyone else! :holiday02

Guest all2tired
I've always bought something for my brother's dog. This year we have a dog too. We adopted her from the SPCA. My dog, and my brother's dog will both get gifts from me and I'm also making them both homemade doggie treats. So they can have Christmas cookies too

When we used to have dogs, we had to get them a present too and we wrapped them. When we didn't get them one, they started ripping the paper off the "people" presents to see if there was anything for them too. LOL We usually got them a new toy and a box of flavored Milk Bone biscuits.

Yep - Hunter (the dog) will get a stuffed animal under the tree, and some treats in a stocking. Target (the cat) will get something, not sure yet because he is picky, under the tree, and some treats in a stocking. Hermit crabs get nothing, except a little garland decoration around their tank.

Andrea

Yes, little Lucy gets a stocking and presents. She will also get a birthday party on her birthday. She just got some pink Little Lily boots. She has a pink hoodie, a jacket, and a pink polka dotted dress. She loves wearing clothes because she is cold alot. She is a mini daschund. I made her a sleeping bag with her name on it when we got her because daschunds like to burrow under covers. Hubby and kids are just as bad if not worse than me about her, everyone treats her like a baby. We have three other dogs and a cat and they get presents, too. They are part of our family and we treat them that way.lol

gosh you are sooo much like me! We had a Yorkie before we had him put down in March. He was almost 16. This dog had all kinds of clothes, bomber jacket, vest, jean jacket, sweaters, you name it, he had it. I used to take him shopping with me and did he ever attract attention. We got a kitten in April because my husband didn't want to deal with the messes in the house anymore. I have to admit he's easier, but its just not the same. I did buy him a stroller this summer though! LOL

It is most definitely buy presents for my pets. They are my "children" and the loves of my life (other than my husband!). I have three larger dogs and each has a stocking, and they each get several gifts. With all that they give us throughout the year and their lives, it's the least we can do to buy them a few extra bones or maybe a big soft comfy dog bed for the holidays!