picture people

copados1993

Has anyone used the Picture People for their Christmas photo cards? I am thinking about getting my kids photos done with them and having them made into cards. They aren't as cheap as a lot of other places, but their pictures look really cool. Are they worth paying a little bit more, or am I better off sticking with Sears?:gd_detect

I haven't used them for Christmas before but I took my oldest there when he was a toddler. They were incredible. The photographers were excellent with children and the photos look really fun! It's not a place I would take my kids to every single time they needed portraits done, but if we had a PP out here I would go occasionally. They are very expensive ($15 a sheet last I checked, which was a few years ago) but the pics are just great!

I have all of my kids pictures done through them, but at christmas I will usually have them do a portrait and I will take pictures of my kids and take them to walgreens to have the christmas cards made. I need to many and the PP are really expensive. They do a great job though!!

The sheets are up to $18 each, or I think a pose (1 8x10, 2 5x7, 8 wallets) is $45 for the first one and $40 for the second. They are fun, but I personally have had some problems with them. I've had to do retakes a couple of times and sometimes the customer service wasn't great. But maybe that's just here.

I still go there occassionally when I have a coupon for free sitting and free

8x10, but I usually prefer to use Sears or Penneys.

You do get your portraits back in about an hour depending on how busy they are-but I'm not sure if the photo cards would come back that fast. Those might have to be special ordered. I'm pretty sure I saw a coupon for photo cards there in a magazine recently. Or maybe I got it in the mail. In any case, if you decide to go there, look for a coupon.

Also, their sitting fee is $9.99 for one person, $19.99 for two or more (I think) unless you have a coupon for free sitting. Hope that helps!

The sheets are up to $18 each, or I think a pose (1 8x10, 2 5x7, 8 wallets) is $45 for the first one and $40 for the second. They are fun, but I personally have had some problems with them. I've had to do retakes a couple of times and sometimes the customer service wasn't great. But maybe that's just here.

I still go there occassionally when I have a coupon for free sitting and free

8x10, but I usually prefer to use Sears or Penneys.

You do get your portraits back in about an hour depending on how busy they are-but I'm not sure if the photo cards would come back that fast. Those might have to be special ordered. I'm pretty sure I saw a coupon for photo cards there in a magazine recently. Or maybe I got it in the mail. In any case, if you decide to go there, look for a coupon.

Also, their sitting fee is $9.99 for one person, $19.99 for two or more (I think) unless you have a coupon for free sitting. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for your help! I think I'll have to look for the coupon, since it's going to get to be a little on the pricey side I have a feeling!

Picture people are great, look for the coupons, check out their website, they usually post printable coupons there. The crowd at christmas is usually heavy, you may have to wait a few minutes to get started, but they always work for the best shot. I love walking away with pics in an hour.

They also have a club for I believe $30 or $40. When I renew it's $30. That gets you 3 free sheets of your choice throughout the year that the cllub is good for and you can use that in conjuction with a coupon, so on some visits you get 2 free sheets. Plus it includes free sitting fees for your whole family for the whole year. It pays for itself on the first trip.

I just got a Picture People coupon in the mail for Buy 3 poses, get 2 free! Which is a pretty good deal. This is the same coupon we used last year for the kids Christmas portraits so I think they must bring this coupon out every year around this time. Check their website, they do usually have their coupon posted to be printed out. HTH!

I just got a Picture People coupon in the mail for Buy 3 poses, get 2 free! Which is a pretty good deal. This is the same coupon we used last year for the kids Christmas portraits so I think they must bring this coupon out every year around this time. Check their website, they do usually have their coupon posted to be printed out. HTH!

thanks so much! I will be sure to check it out to see if I can print one out! Anything to save a little cash!!!:g_thumble

I just went yesterday, and now everything is digital, so your pics are done ina about 10 minutes, They are getting better every time that I go there.

Since it all digital can you actually see the photo on a screen after they snap it now or do you still have to wait for the prints? I cant believe it only takes 10 minutes to print them! Thats definately kids friendly there!! :)

We did ours at Picture People a few years ago. I had a few nit-picky problems like the photo wasn't centered but otherwise the photos were beautiful. They have great props and the kids had a great time. Try to get an early appointment because the studio gets crowded quickly.

Awesome store. When we don't do them ourselves, we use PP.

One suggestion: If there's a specific pose you saw somewhere and liked, let them know immediately that you want that pose. Calling ahead would be wise, because sometimes it's a matter of "We don't supply that costume . . . you'd have to bring it in yourself."

Due to the price, I wouldn't go there without a coupon.

To receive offers regularly, join up on their e-mail offer list:

Go to http://www.picturepeople.com/ click "What's In-Store?" and click on Email Offers.

Right now, you can print a "Free Sheet with Portrait Purchase" coupon, but it expires on Monday. (Sitting fee of $9.95 per person required for Non-Portrait Club members. Offer valid only for color portraits sized 10x13 and smaller.) Just follow the same steps as above on the website, but instead of clicking the e-mail offers link, click on "Now Showing." I would guess that a new one will be available after Monday.

When our first child was born, we joined the Smilestones Club, and it was a pretty good deal. We enjoyed that. I believe that the Birthday Club is free, since they simply send you coupons in advance of the kid's birthday.

We always go to the picture people, my oldest daughter is 3, and we have been going ever since she was 6 weeks old, we now take both our daughters every few months. It is a lot more expensive than any other place, but if you sign up online, they will send you coupons, or you can join the picture club for about 35$, for a year, you get free sitting for your whole family, evrey time you go and 3 free portrait sheets for the year. Also, if you have a coupon, you can use that too, and potentially get two free sheets - the 10x13s are normally $18, so it is a good savings, and yes, your photos are ready in an hour- much better than waiting for a few weeks like other studios!

Their photos are really artistic, which is what I enjoy, the backgrounds are solid colors, not cheesy like some of the other backgrounds out there!

Definately worth it to take them (long story short!) :D

I've never heard of either of those photographers, but if anyone is in the SE kansas area, which is where I'm from, you should check out www.melissamphotography.com. This year i think i am going to use Snapfish to do our own greeting cards. snapfish.com order your holiday cards early and save 20% off any of the adorable designs! Just enter coupon EARLYSHOPPING2005 by November 15, 2005. With this coupon, cards are as low as 32¢ each!

Guest Deals4Me
My only warning with PP is that they basically skip a step in the developing process that makes the pictures not last for more than 10 years,so I would rely on them for all the pics....

I no longer go to Picture people even when I have a free sitting and 8x10 coupon. the people at ours are so rude and my daughter has gotten hurt twice there! they have lamanent (sp?) floors and she has slipped on the curtains they pull over for the background. I am not sure about Sears in other areas but our in Maryland now does digital pictures and are ready right away. It is an extra 3.00 per sheet but it would make the sheets 10.99 instead of there normal 7.99 per sheet at Sears. Where as our Picture People sheets are up to i think 21.00! Outrageous! I LOVE SEARS FOR PICTURES! :holiday16 :holiday16

My sister uses them at least once a year to get my niece's pictures done. She always gets the free sitting coupon in the mail, so she uses that. The pictures are pricey, but they usually do come out good. We've had times when all of the pictures have been horrible, and the photographer has been horrible. Nothing worse than a screaming 2-y/o and a horrible photographer. There have been more good instances than bad, but still something to keep in mind.